What's new

IT'S ALMOST KOMBAT (KAST) TIME! PART 2!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I wrote "Tayor Swift", but had the image of "Katy Perry" in front of my eyes. I'm not good with names. But here is my point:

And I wouldn't want her to look any other way on stage. She is beautiful. If I was a woman, I would want to look like that. Just like I'm a guy and want to look like Lazar Angelov:

We're talking about ideal body types, which aren't close to reality. Video games are a method of escaping reality. Me wishing for hotter female AND male characters has nothing to do with objectification, but more so with certain expectations, which I see in so many other mediums day in and day out. You stating that a wish like that only happens, because people want to fap to the characters is both dumb and more importantly insulting. No one is insulting you by wishing for a more beautiful Sonya Blade with more idealized body proportions. After all I would be complaining as well, if Sub-Zero was made fat for the sake of body diversity:

Exactly! I wish I could like this post 100x times.
I mean, sure some people probably fap to images of good looking people, but it's not because we want these characters to look hot that our goal is just to fap to them.

Seeing MK11 Sonya doing her classic kiss in the outro makes my heart flutter, but I ain't gonna run and fap to it. Kano's chest is a thing of beauty, but I ain't fapping to it.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Just think about it...

Her.
Fan Favourite.
Green.

Ermac is a culmination of souls, probably some of them female, and uses green powers.
Think about it. Ermac is the true transgender character of MK.

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
I wrote "Tayor Swift", but had the image of "Katy Perry" in front of my eyes. I'm not good with names. But here is my point:

And I wouldn't want her to look any other way on stage. She is beautiful. If I was a woman, I would want to look like that. Just like I'm a guy and want to look like Lazar Angelov:

We're talking about ideal body types, which aren't close to reality. Video games are a method of escaping reality. Me wishing for hotter female AND male characters has nothing to do with objectification, but more so with certain expectations, which I see in so many other mediums day in and day out. You stating that a wish like that only happens, because people want to fap to the characters is both dumb and more importantly insulting. No one is insulting you by wishing for a more beautiful Sonya Blade with more idealized body proportions. After all I would be complaining as well, if Sub-Zero was made fat for the sake of body diversity:

Now that guy you linked is a hottie.
Also not going to keep debating this. It all comes down to one thing which is YOUR OPINION I could care less what body types they have in games , but since you guys love tits so much have at it ! XD even tho they stopped that in mkx

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Just think about it...

Her.
Fan Favourite.
Green.

Ermac is a culmination of souls, probably some of them female, and uses green powers.
Think about it. Ermac is the true transgender character of MK.
fan favourite can be a alusion to "fan" = Kitana reference, and "favourite" to Jade, since Jade is Kitana best friend .... also the green twitters, so , it's Jade , 99,9% chance .... with Kabal , they never tried to hide him or dissimulate him being the theme of the first Kombat Kast, so, they doing the same for Jade : giving all direct tips being her the next one

Xelz

Go over there!
I'm a chick and I want to see big boobs and nice booties that are on par with Cammys. Just like I like Kano's new model 'cause he's buff and hot.

That's not sexualization, that's idealized versions of men and women and it's completely normal to want to see this, it's literally human nature.
This is so true. Look at classic Greco-Roman statues and famous renaissance art. They generally stuck with idealized human figures, and withstood the test of time because such art is generally more appealing regardless of a person's gender or sexual preference. (Also note that idealized forms change slightly over centuries and even between decades, cultures, personal preference, etc., but there's still some general consistency.)

The thing is that "idealized"/good looking and "sexualized" aren't the same thing, and these two principles often get confounded. Personally, I'm totally fine with idealized characters. But obviously sexualized character designs - unless it fits the character's backstory - just end up detracting from the character.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

And I wouldn't want her to look any other way on stage. She is beautiful. If I was a woman, I would want to look like that.
Lmao @ using Katy Perry as an example of idealized beauty. You're shooting your own argument in the foot, ankle, thigh, hip, forehead, pretty much every body part there is.

Video games are a method of escaping reality.
That's one of their functions. Another one of their functions is an art form that conveys their creators' ideas and creative vision. Maybe having every character look idealized goes against NRS's vision for the Mortal Kombat universe. Then you don't get your DD boobs anymore.

After all I would be complaining as well, if Sub-Zero was made fat for the sake of body diversity:
Your analogy is nonsense. You're comparing something GENETIC, traits a character would be BORN WITH, to a character's FITNESS LEVEL, something that is a direct result of their TRAINING. A better analogy would be to say that "you'd be complaining if some male characters were made really tall while others were made really short." Which you're not. Because that's already the case with Kano/Jax vs the rest of the cast.

SindelQueen

Sindels gay husband
Exactly! I wish I could like this post 100x times.
I mean, sure some people probably fap to images of good looking people, but it's not because we want these characters to look hot that our goal is just to fap to them.

Seeing MK11 Sonya doing her classic kiss in the outro makes my heart flutter, but I ain't gonna run and fap to it. Kano's chest is a thing of beauty, but I ain't fapping to it.
not What I said loool

Because sex sells? Taylor Swift isn't as popular as she is, because she is a talented singer. She is popular, because she is hot and because of that very marketable. And to push that even further, they put her in skimpy outfits, to show off her goods. Goods she has to work out for and eat nothing but tree bark to keep it. Megan Fox? Not very talented, but she is hot as hell, so it doesn't even matter.

If you had the choice between a pretty and an ugly boyfriend / girlfriend, you would pick the pretty person every single time. If you have the choice between a pretty actor and an ugly actor for a romance movie, you would go with the pretty actor every single time. And none of that has anything to do with being shallow. It has all to do with how the society has formed the perception of beauty.

So if I have a choice between a hot Sonya Blade and a Ronda Rousey looking Sonya Blade, take a wild guess which version I'd rather see in the game. And if I don't have that choice and get the ugly version, then all I can do is to state, that I would have prefered a version that's easier on the eyes.
None of those things applies to Taylor Swift but I get what you’re saying

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Having big boobs and a fat ass +curves is actually realistic because, SHOCKER some real women actually possess those things. Naturally and otherwise lol.
Curves are realistic. A female fighter with a fat ass is not realistic. Not saying it should never happen. But it isn't realistic.