What's new

It has Begun...DLC reveal FRIDAY MAY 31 2019

Comments

how the fuck any true ninja fan can actually SUPPORT this idea?!?!?! How can you look at Shang morphing into your favourite character and say - 'it's great, I love it'?!?!?! If I knew that before I would NOT buy the premium edition. And now what? In the next game there will still be no Rain/Ermac/Smoke and their explanation would be 'hey, there were in previous game'. You know what? Fuck that. I'm not buying that shit again. I want TRULY DEVELOPED CHARACTERS with their backstory, variations and relevance. If you really like this Shang-Borg idea, please don't call yourself a ninja fan anymore...

how the fuck any true ninja fan can actually SUPPORT this idea?!?!?! How can you look at Shang morphing into your favourite character and say - 'it's great, I love it'?!?!?! If I knew that before I would NOT buy the premium edition. And now what? In the next game there will still be no Rain/Ermac/Smoke and their explanation would be 'hey, there were in previous game'. You know what? Fuck that. I'm not buying that shit again. I want TRULY DEVELOPED CHARACTERS with their backstory, variations and relevance. If you really like this Shang-Borg idea, please don't call yourself a ninja fan anymore...
Because it's better to play as Reptile in some capacity, than not play as him at all.

I hope he has a complete move set when he morphs into Rain.

I hope he has a complete move set when he morphs into Rain.
What difference would that make? It will still be a variation inside other character. Not my favourite character in any way. How can I support this when Rain/Ermac/Smoke/Reptile are downgraded to be some bullshit variations for someone else? I wasn't supportive of the Tri-Borg idea, I couldn't stand the vision of combining ninjas into Chameleon - yet, with what I end up with? Bullshit... I'm extremally disappointed that NRS took that route. What scares me even more is that a lot of you guys here and a lot of guys on twitter are actually happy with their 'AWESOME MOVE'.

What difference would that make? It will still be a variation inside other character. Not my favourite character in any way. How can I support this when Rain/Ermac/Smoke/Reptile are downgraded to be some bullshit variations for someone else? I wasn't supportive of the Tri-Borg idea, I couldn't stand the vision of combining ninjas into Chameleon - yet, with what I end up with? Bullshit... I'm extremally disappointed that NRS took that route. What scares me even more is that a lot of you guys here and a lot of guys on twitter are actually happy with their 'AWESOME MOVE'.
I understand your frustration, but you should also understand that this makes Shang Tsung a lot more interesting in the eyes of other fans.

Because 1) he may just be trolling and 2) not everyone's favorites are going to be in every game. If you didn't notice the crazy amount of details on character models, you should take a look, because I'm sure it takes a whole lot of work just to make them, not to mention how long it takes to develop their move set and make them balanced with the whole cast. It's just 1 character, there are 25 characters in the game and there's gonna be a lot more coming. I'm sure you can find someone you love in that cast.

My guess is that the shangninjas will all have common regular moves and combos (though different than Shang's actual regular moves), but they'll have different special moves. Like Triborg.
Yeah that's what seems the most plausible. I think it's going to be pretty sweet.

My guess is that the shangninjas will all have common regular moves and combos (though different than Shang's actual regular moves), but they'll have different special moves. Like Triborg.
yeah, this .... more or less like the turtles in inj2 .... probably Shang will have 4 commands , each one to turn into a ninja .... for 10 seconds each one, hehe .... or maybe using the attack or defense meter bar filling time, let's see what happens ! ;)

My bet is that they'll give him classic Shang moves in his base kit and he'll chose which ninja movesets to equip.
That might be wrong tho who cares

But Shang absorbed their backstory, variations and relevance when he took their souls. So in a way, you'll get what you want. Just not the way you want it!
That's actually true. But still it's just a lazy writing for me and their way of trying to please as many fans with as little effort. Quite surprising move, considering the fact that NRS know that especially Rain and Smoke were highly requested from day 1. My point is: I'm strongly AGAINST combining certain characters into others (Kitana's sai - really NRS? Really?) but I see that you guys like it, so what more can I say? I need to live with that BUT I need to express my feelings somewhere. I think that this forum is a good medium for that.

That's actually true. But still it's just a lazy writing for me and their way of trying to please as many fans with as little effort. Quite surprising move, considering the fact that NRS know that especially Rain and Smoke were highly requested from day 1. My point is: I'm strongly AGAINST combining certain characters into others (Kitana's sai - really NRS? Really?) but I see that you guys like it, so what more can I say? I need to live with that BUT I need to express my feelings somewhere. I think that this forum is a good medium for that.
yep, as they did a "mournful" move against Mileena, now they did one more, 4 times stronger, hehe .... anyway, I know that every classic character that will not make it as full stand alone in MK 11 (Mileena, Rain, Ermac, Smoke and Reptile), probably will return in MK 12, so, let's see if NRS kick ass showing a good gameplay trailer for our old friend Shang Tsung ! :D

Maaaaan, I can't wait to play Shang!!!

I really hope that his soul steal and/or character morphs are NOT locked behind casual/custom play tho D:

Prediction - Prob just a cgi character reveal trailer like they did for IJ2 and MKx. Tsung is in the pics as he is already revealed. There will be no gameplay of any kind, and as far as I know there is no Kombat Kast announced either). So you are looking at a cgi reveal trailer that includes Tsung and 4 others, with no gameplay of any kind.. and that is it.

This is what we will get tomorrow​

Prediction - Prob just a cgi character reveal trailer like they did for IJ2 and MKx. Tsung is in the pics as he is already revealed. There will be no gameplay of any kind, and as far as I know there is no Kombat Kast announced either). So you are looking at a cgi reveal trailer that includes Tsung and 4 others, not gameplay.. and that is it.

This is what we will get tomorrow​
I'd absolutely be willing to bet we are getting gameplay today.

What are they going to do? Show us a pic as a tease and then show another pic? We will get gameplay for Shang Tsung today.

I'd absolutely be willing to bet we are getting gameplay today. What are they going to do? Show us a pic as a tease and then show another pic? We will get gameplay for Shang Tsung today.
I doubt it.. they will, imo, be giving us a zero gameplay cgi reveal trailer.. exactly like the ones I linked above. Exactly like they have done for every pack and every character since MKx days.