What's new

Is there another fanbase so ready to scream “NERF” as MK’s?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You said that in MKX he was "gutted". I say that it already happened in I1 and X's nerfs don't compare.
Yes, because he was gutted in MKX. I never said it didn’t happen in Injustice, and I made no comparisons to it. Just mentioned he got nerfed even in Injustice as well. I didn’t use him in Injustice which is why I didn’t talk about it except mentioning it in passing.

So yeah, still dunno what you’re “correcting”. Maybe you just misread what I said, it happens.

All because people hate touching the block button.

Biggest problem with the FGC is that that as a community, a lot of people don't understand that not knowing how to counter something doesn't automatically make it broken or OP.
They just push buttons after getting hit too. They can’t solve the equation.

I once D1’d someone to 50% health before he realized trying to mash D1 back just wasn’t working.

Fucking hopeless some of these folk.

people saying every fighting game community does this which to an extent is true but nrs has it the worst. i don't know if it's the massive bloat in casuals or just everytime mortal kombat does something even slightly crazy people lose their minds.

Tom Brady spoke about this during the MKX era where he highlights how he was handling SonicFox and then Sub got nerfed. There does seem to be a vision for Sub-Zero from NRS and then specifically top players complain and he gets nerfed. I think Ninjakilla was doing a lot of whining about Sub's mid projectile saying it has to go. It always seems to be defensive characters that people have a problem with.

Sub should get to keep his dirt or at the very least it should actually be tested in a competitive tournament setting.

This is the game they need to let it rock.

Ignore Ninjakilla NRS. Give Sub-Zero his tools!

The Ice Clone is a strong move. It is what it is. They already removed it from him in MK11 and it didn't feel right despite him still being strong.

It's a bad match up and I think Kameos need to be explored for the match up in the full game to make it easier. The other 15 to 20 Kameos need to be explored before nerf can be made a conversation.

Top players need to also feel what it's like to be oppressed by tools the same way they oppress others with their game play.

Tom Brady was saying this in 2015 and he is right.

The only move that might be questionable is Sub's dive kick supposedly being safe. Outside of that let it rock!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Like Juggs mentioned, I think it's good that NRS listens to the community, but when it comes to balance they should only take feedback in consideration. It's kind of crazy how they'll nerf stuff people complain about without much of a second thought. The FG as a whole needs to realize that strong characters will always exist in games, just like bottom 1 will always be a thing. You can't minimize the gap so that everything is 'equal', or 'fair', to make people feel better when they lose to it, to minimize their ego damage. A new top tier will always emerge from other top tiers getting nerfed.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
They just push buttons after getting hit too. They can’t solve the equation.

I once D1’d someone to 50% health before he realized trying to mash D1 back just wasn’t working.

Fucking hopeless some of these folk.
I play mkx a lot like that now ill only punish bad play otherwise let them go ham , let em have a round for that confidence boost then show them some double bomb set ups

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

This is an hour plus video of Ninjakilla vs Kombat where Ninja is being given a really difficult time.

Now you scroll through the comments and it’s pure absurdity that based off a stress test alone, Sub-Zero is being deemed “OP”…”Broken”…”Needs to be nerfed”…etc etc.

And it’s simply mind blowing. This isn’t even a fraction of the full game with entire roster/Kameo options and the worst part is NRS bends to the likes of these people.

I’m not even saying there might not be some questionable things for instance like it seems as though Sub’s dive kick is safe on block…I don’t know for sure nor do I want it changed right now… but man is the MK community annoying as fuck with every game released.
When the game isn't out... it's just stupid. Criticise the mechanics or style game sure, that's the point of these things, to decide if you'll like the game before you buy. But balance and frame data worries with like a fifth of the roster being playable months before release... nah

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I've already seen people on Twitter asking for character nerfs and system mechanic changes for SF6, and that game just came out. So.....

A big problem with the casual masses popping off any time something looks even kinda strong is that they often feel justified in their position because some content creator or top player also said something about it when both parties could still be dead wrong.
So all the annoying zoomer yt thumbnail meta is absolutely making things worse since nobody wants to think for themselves so.

Hot takes are final print for these people and they refuse to remember anything from 5 minutes ago.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
There’s absolutely no way you can say this. The only thing you can say needs to be nerfed is Kitana’s infinite from the stress test. And I’d consider that more of an unintended bug/glitch fix than a “nerf”.
Kenshi does way to much meterless damage

and unless I forgot, his ghost stays on block, I see that changing

There is no way blocking a single attack will make it go away, absolutely no shot. It would be next to useless at that point.

When he gets hit of course, the spirit takes a knee for a bit.

He’s also left unsafe after as it stands when he gets rid of him. Not sure what will happen there.

As far as damage..probably going to get adjusted across the board for characters.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
There is no way blocking a single attack will make it go away, absolutely no shot. It would be next to useless at that point.

When he gets hit of course, the spirit takes a knee for a bit.

He’s also left unsafe after as it stands when he gets rid of him. Not sure what will happen there.

As far as damage..probably going to get adjusted across the board for characters.
It isn't just that his ghost stays on block, its that Kenshi can make the ghost attack while he is blocking

It isn't just that his ghost stays on block, its that Kenshi can make the ghost attack while he is blocking
You know what it reminds me of though?

D’vorah.

I actually hate those set up characters like that myself where she can block while summoning those flies that force you to block.

She was free to attack while blocking in that sense. When she had you cornered at least.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Sub and Liu Kang did the same or a similar amount of meterless damage (not sure about Kitana but I’m sure she did as well). And there’s nothing wrong with doing a lot of meterless damage, it seems like NRS wants you to be able to do a lot of meterless combos and meterless damage in MK1.

Regardless, you don’t just nerf a character based on how good they appear. It’s based on matchups and how dominant they are in the meta. Kenshi could end up being mid tier in comparison to the entire roster for all we know.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Sub and Liu Kang did the same or a similar amount of meterless damage (not sure about Kitana but I’m sure she did as well). And there’s nothing wrong with doing a lot of meterless damage, it seems like NRS wants you to be able to do a lot of meterless combos and meterless damage in MK1.
You got a link to them doing 50% with no meter or Kameo?

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Regardless, you don’t just nerf a character based on how good they appear. It’s based on matchups and how dominant they are in the meta. Kenshi could end up being mid tier in comparison to the entire roster for all we know.
its cause he does too much meterless damage