What's new

Is there a way in invasion to see if you have 100% the mesa?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I found I could get to the end boss and skip a lot of the events on the mesa.... is there a way to see the total completion of a mesa so I know if there is more to do there or not?

Along with this, and maybe it's just me not looking hard enough, but is there any indicator if you've completed a task?

To me all the little icons all look the same. There's been at least a few times i've gone round in circles and played a few matches again before i realised.

Jynks

Yeah. I think there is like more of a fiery circle on a node not done.. But I agree some kind of better visual for the task being completed would be nice.

As when a node can be approached by other directions on the map it can be green arrows all around the node and be able to walk right over it.. Even though it's not been completed.

I found I could get to the end boss and skip a lot of the events on the mesa.... is there a way to see the total completion of a mesa so I know if there is more to do there or not?
this sounds dumb but I’m a firefighter and I did what we do in real life, which was a “left (or right) hand search” meaning I went left every time until I got back to a point I was at, then continued to go the directions I didn’t go until I had 100% completion of the search.
Using real life skills applications to play video games

Jynks

Being a fire-fighter is probably a small group of people... Not sure if they are common skills. I do the same thing as "left" is a common technique for solving mazes.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Yea I’m like running in circles finding hidden shit I missed thru each realm .. just a % of how much u got left to do would be nice. Somehow I missed a whole damn section of Sun Do

Jynks

Yea I’m like running in circles finding hidden shit I missed thru each realm .. just a % of how much u got left to do would be nice. Somehow I missed a whole damn section of Sun Do
Yeah you can complete the forest with out doing a massive section of the right side of the map.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I love invasion.. best mode in MK for a long long time. I just wish there was a easy way to see if I have 100%'d each mesa or not.
I'm honestly wondering how anyone could enjoy it so much. I am only playing it to unlock stuff. I can't think of a worse extra mode ever in any MK game. Literally everything I can think of was so much more inspired and fun:

• Motor Kombat
  • Chess Kombat
  • Puzzle Kombat
  • Konquest
  • MK9 Challenge Tower
  • Every single Krypt ever
I know fun is relative, but playing Super Armor: The Game Mode (where sometimes they switch it up and turn the screen black) is absolutely mind-numbingly boring and tedious to me. Oh my god! Secret Fight! Oh....it's just a base roster character with some stupid name.

It seemed fun at first while I was in Cage's Mansion because of all the funny dialogue, but that quickly ends.

I didn't think any mode could make me think the Towers of Time weren't all that bad after all, but Invasions manages to pull it off. The fact that I can't even use Talismans because I play on stick is the cherry on top of the shit sundae for me.

I'm honestly wondering how anyone could enjoy it so much.
I know fun is relative...
This is exactly the reason. Different people like different things. There are people who would ask you how you could find the ultra competative side of the game fun. They'd be wondering how something so stressful could be enjoyable to everyone.

Different things appeal to different people and different types of gamers.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is exactly the reason. Different people like different things. There are people who would ask you how you could find the ultra competative side of the game fun. They'd be wondering how something so stressful could be enjoyable to everyone.

Different things appeal to different people and different types of gamers.
I'm all about casual game modes for sure. I was simply wondering what aspects of the mode were enjoyable. I feel like I'm not alone.

I'm all about casual game modes for sure. I was simply wondering what aspects of the mode were enjoyable. I feel like I'm not alone.
Oh there's lots of people not enjoying it, that's for sure.

For my own part, I don't think it's the greatest mode ever, but I'm having brainless fun with it. Currently in Shang Tsung's lab. Enjoying my fiance's reactions to the mode too.

I don't mind the simple fights at all after a long day or work, and the modifiers aren't that annoying when you realize you need to approach them differently than a traditional match. The Secret Fights and Ambushes, things that impede moving from point A to B, do get annoying after a time though. A larger inventory for Konsumables would be nice too, and less frequent Talisman's but more generally significant ones.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm honestly wondering how anyone could enjoy it so much. I am only playing it to unlock stuff. I can't think of a worse extra mode ever in any MK game. Literally everything I can think of was so much more inspired and fun:

• Motor Kombat
  • Chess Kombat
  • Puzzle Kombat
  • Konquest
  • MK9 Challenge Tower
  • Every single Krypt ever
I know fun is relative, but playing Super Armor: The Game Mode (where sometimes they switch it up and turn the screen black) is absolutely mind-numbingly boring and tedious to me. Oh my god! Secret Fight! Oh....it's just a base roster character with some stupid name.

It seemed fun at first while I was in Cage's Mansion because of all the funny dialogue, but that quickly ends.

I didn't think any mode could make me think the Towers of Time weren't all that bad after all, but Invasions manages to pull it off. The fact that I can't even use Talismans because I play on stick is the cherry on top of the shit sundae for me.
Holy shit, THIS.

Who the fuck had the audacity to think that the CPU randomly absorbing your attacks and specials and cheesing you with armor was a solid way to make for a fun encounter? What the hell is wrong with those people? Who the fuck thought that turning the screen PITCH BLACK while fighting an ARMORED OPPONENT is FUN?!?! I seriously don't know if those people are incompetent in game mode design or they are unapologetic sadists.

I can forgive the monopoly setup. I can forgive the mind-boggling decision to not let you know when you're done with a map (and no, blue lines aren't always correct since you can go to a node with a locked chest needing an ornate key and if you don't have any and walk out, game thinks of this as beaten node and LINE GOES BLUE DESPITE THE CHEST STILL BEING LOCKED - GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT CHEST HALF A GAME LATER), but holy fuck, HAVING ARMOR IN EVERY SINGLE MATCH WAS THE STUPIDEST THING THEY COULD'VE DONE.

The fact that they haven't yet patched it out is legitimately ludicrous and I fear for this mode's future.

It doesn't even have a map, Invasions mode is so fucking tedious. Simple tweaks like adding map, lessening secret fights and adding more inventory slots for talismans should make it a lot less miserable.

Jynks

I can forgive the monopoly setup. I can forgive the mind-boggling decision to not let you know when you're done with a map (and no, blue lines aren't always correct since you can go to a node with a locked chest needing an ornate key and if you don't have any and walk out, game thinks of this as beaten node and LINE GOES BLUE DESPITE THE CHEST STILL BEING LOCKED - GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT CHEST HALF A GAME LATER), but holy fuck, HAVING ARMOR IN EVERY SINGLE MATCH WAS THE STUPIDEST THING THEY COULD'VE DONE.
that is 100% not true. Green arrows will point to locked chests (free to open and ones requiring keys), gates and unsolved secrets.

As for the armour thing.. that is the game. It is actually trying to teach you how to punish and play. Instead of mashing, try blocking and attacking in the blue zone for full combo punish.

Also, make sure you unequip the starting relic as it causes you to do zero damage to armoured... without it or with a good armour damage trinket it is not an issue, just a tool to teach people how to open the opponent up and defend against their moves.

There are also Armour trinkets that give you armour like they do. They are very good. Try and collect one for each damage type. Make bosses a lot easier.

man I love this mode. Can not stop playing it. Going to be sad when I 100% it, but I guess I have season 2 coming soon!

awesome, thanks man!!!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
that is 100% not true.
I literally went to the Sun Do Festival with the netherstone to get all items. There are two chests with each one needing an ornate key. I only had one, so I couldn't unlock the second one.

The second one's line is now blue, despite it being still locked. I cannot find it with lanes anymore when I return with a second ornate key.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
As for the armour thing.. that is the game. It is actually trying to teach you how to punish and play. Instead of mashing, try blocking and attacking in the blue zone for full combo punish.
Which makes this whole mode a glorified training session. So yeah ... fuck that.

Also tell me, oh wise one, how exactly will I learn to be a better combatant when I fight an armored opponent in pitch black darkness? Am I supposed to have fun, or am I doing Jedi training without me knowing it? Or how about fighting an opponent when all my button inputs are messed up when I approach them and I cannot do combos or special moves? Exactly WHAT is the fun/learning factor there?

Jynks

I'm not trying to convince you to like something just because I do... I am just telling you want it is doing. If you block and full combo punish, you can use your big combos in that mode.. it is just showing you all the cast weakness and ways to counter them and open them up.

I literally went to the Sun Do Festival with the netherstone to get all items. There are two chests with each one needing an ornate key. I only had one, so I couldn't unlock the second one.

The second one's line is now blue, despite it being still locked. I cannot find it with lanes anymore when I return with a second ornate key.
I don't believe you... unless it was a bug, as it is simply not how it works. You must have missed something.