What's new

Question Is there a right or wrong way to play Nightwing?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I feel it's match up based. Against arrow I feel that he shuts down arrow more so in staff stance but arrow can at least compete with him in escr stance. Not 100% sure though lol.
Yea it's tough for arrow in both stances LBSH.

Reactions: 7L

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Wrong way: Poorly spaced wingdings. Staff d1 mashing/whiffing. escrima b2 directly into escrima fury. pattern playing. trying to air to air w escrima j2. using f213 x escrima fury combos outside of punishes. Relying too much on your opponents inability to block flip kick. Using staff 100% of the time. Using escrima 100% of the time. Damian Wayne.

Right Way: utilizing frame traps. intricate block stringing. combo optimization. Controlling space in escrima and staff. Strong Oki game. Mastering ground spark cancels. Dick Grayson.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Wrong way: Poorly spaced wingdings. Staff d1 mashing/whiffing. escrima b2 directly into escrima fury. pattern playing. trying to air to air w escrima j2. using f213 x escrima fury combos outside of punishes. Relying too much on your opponents inability to block flip kick. Using staff 100% of the time. Using escrima 100% of the time. Damian Wayne.

Right Way: utilizing frame traps. intricate block stringing. combo optimization. Controlling space in escrima and staff. Strong Oki game. Mastering ground spark cancels. Dick Grayson.
Wrong way: Dick Grayson. Trying to find standing resets. Switching stances for the sake of switching stances that makes you take damage you could have avoided. Wasting meter on mb ground pound when the threat of it is enough or when you know they jump but you do it anyways. Going for pointless pressure when you should just go for a knockdown. Hit confirming into mb ground pound combos when cs ef could do just fine.

Right way: Damian Wayne. Saving meter for wing dings, staff spin mb and combo conversions off air to airs with mb ground pound. Hit confirming into ef in both stances to save meter. Going for the knockdown setup when ever you have it. Going for the 50/50 over the "pressure."

EMPEROR PRYCE

Wrong way: Dick Grayson. Trying to find standing resets. Switching stances for the sake of switching stances that makes you take damage you could have avoided. Wasting meter on mb ground pound when the threat of it is enough or when you know they jump but you do it anyways. Going for pointless pressure when you should just go for a knockdown. Hit confirming into mb ground pound combos when cs ef could do just fine.

Right way: Damian Wayne. Saving meter for wing dings, staff spin mb and combo conversions off air to airs with mb ground pound. Hit confirming into ef in both stances to save meter. Going for the knockdown setup when ever you have it. Going for the 50/50 over the "pressure."
nothing i said was a personal diss towards you, jeeze. "trying to find standing resets" wtf is that suppose to mean? sorry for trying to help this community evolve. fuck you, if thats the case. you asked a simple question and you come at me for giving an answer. i actually supported you at FR, dont make me dislike you. heed your words brother.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
There is no right or wrong way to play Nightwing, just a more effective and less effective way. For example, using Damian isn't wrong, it's just less effective than using Dick
:DOGE

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

You stole my avatar, who is dick btw....that is not the NW way lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
nothing i said was a personal diss towards you, jeeze. "trying to find standing resets" wtf is that suppose to mean? sorry for trying to help this community evolve. fuck you, if thats the case. you asked a simple question and you come at me for giving an answer. i actually supported you at FR, dont make me dislike you. heed your words brother.
I just quoted you because I liked the format u used. Lol By God what did do?

The whole NW community tried to find standing resets at one point. Not a shot at you but that is not what we should be focused on. Lol
You stole my avatar, who is dick btw....that is not the NW way lol
my bad...I'll change it. I can't win here shit!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

The whole NW community tried to find standing resets at one point. Not a shot at you but that is not what we should be focused on. Lol

This why we can't have nice things.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Sorry. I must've misunderstood when i read it. Just been a stressful day lol. Don't take it personal.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Can all the people with ALL the answers, and or always have an opinion on either stances, usage of the stances, just MU's in general. Please Post video footage of your gameplay against said MU's? Dirty likey vids over reading theory fighting.

Wasted

Noob
Almost all of the tech that has been discovered over the past year doesn't get used. The setups, the traps, it's all bullshit, we all fallback to the usual combos and staff spam.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Also here is my right way: Spamming B13 in Escrima (the knockdown is super useful and it's -3 on block). Staff D3 in max range. MB Wingdings.