What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor top tier and why?

Help me understand why so many people say Sektor is in the very highest tier. Because I just don't get it.
In this new patch he became alot better but not because of nerfs and buffs to him but universal changes to the entire game.
1. The universal removal of launching armor helped him a great deal (especially with his pressure) even 114 and 1112 still have a gap, he doesnt get punished nearly as hard as he used to for commiting to these strings for plus frames.
2. Even though his mids still arent good, alot of the better mids were removed making his better.
3. Zoning got better with buff to straight rocket.
4. He gets
Help me understand why so many people say Sektor is in the very highest tier. Because I just don't get it.
great dmg everywhere off of any conversion, and its really easy to make these conversions cuz f212bb restands. Whenever this dude touches you, expect to lose at least 30-35% health (meterless by the way)
5. Really good airspace and neutral control with air dash, f2,f4,f1,f3,b2, mb up rocket, just pick your poison.
6. Really strong armored reversal that covers a huge area
7. His standing 1 is probably the best anti crossup normal in the game (seriously, this move has a huge vertical hitbox its a fools errand to jump around this character)
8. Super easy to play as cuz all of his combos off of any conversion are the same.

Reactions: GAV
Mileena in all forms, for one. Possessed is two. Oddly, Royal Storm isn't a good one for him. Crystalline is pretty bad too, imo. Relentless isn't a good one either. Ermac across all variations is tough. Its basically anyone who can completely outzone him or negate his zoning give him a hard time. Mileena can do both making her his toughest matchup, imo.
I actually like crystaline tremor against mystic. Has multiple options to deal with push with both flex and flash perry, as long as flex is up to keep him from teleporting you outzone him hard, and even if he doesnt have meter for flash perry, flex is gunna keep you from being pushed away from him full screen. It feels so boss when you flash perry his wake up ex push. Seriously, as long as you manage flex and his meter right, i feel like tremor can handle this match up pretty well.

Reactions: GAV