What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor top tier and why?

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
People were saying before Smoke is the best out of all variation of triborg but now is Sektor because...you know.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I can't think of any box Sektor checks that Mileena doesn't. He's a good character though but I don't think he's top tier.
Hell no Mileena doesn't have meterless 50/50s that leads to 26% combo and can be made safe with 1 bar
Mileena doesn't win the zoning war vs Kitana and Acidic Alien
Mileena doesn't build hella chip by cancelling all strings into safe straight rocket
Mileena doesn't have dumb pressure in the corner like Sektor: even when he's minus, you still have to watch out for up missile and it's not really your turn
And Sektor's mobility is much better than Mileena
One of the reasons that makes me consider Sektor being top tier is that he isn't murdered by GM Sub

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hell no Mileena doesn't have meterless 50/50s that leads to 26% combo and can be made safe with 1 bar
Mileena doesn't win the zoning war vs Kitana and Acidic Alien
Mileena doesn't build hella chip by cancelling all strings into safe straight rocket
Mileena doesn't have dumb pressure in the corner like Sektor: even when he's minus, you still have to watch out for up missile and it's not really your turn
And Sektor's mobility is much better than Mileena
One of the reasons that makes me consider Sektor being top tier is that he isn't murdered by GM Sub
Mileena has mix ups where Sektor has pressure. Ravenous has a safe overhead, so there's that.

Also, Mileena actually does good chip with that arm slapping string, f2 I think? The whole string leads to a guessing game of stagger, special cancel, or throw due to its recovery and safety.

Also, her zoning, particularly in Piercing can stand up to a lot of characters (ducking projectiles and counter zoning with her own).

And Ethereal has one of the best EX moves in the game.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Mileena has mix ups where Sektor has pressure. Ravenous has a safe overhead, so there's that.

Also, her zoning, particularly in Piercing can stand up to a lot of characters (ducking projectiles and counter zoning with her own).

And Ethereal has one of the best EX moves in the game.
I simply disagreed with him about Mileena checks all the box that Sektor has.
Besides, 3 variations of Mileena has different tools, and for certain things you need to switch variations. Only Ravenous has the respectable mixups, Piercing has the respectable zoning and Ethereal has the best ex move. Meanwhile Sektor has all the zoning, pressure and mixups. They both have teleport for anti zoning, but his fucking meterless teleport even leads to 24% damage....damn

Rude

I simply disagreed with him about Mileena checks all the box that Sektor has.
Besides, 3 variations of Mileena has different tools, and for certain things you need to switch variations. Only Ravenous has the respectable mixups, Piercing has the respectable zoning and Ethereal has the best ex move. Meanwhile Sektor has all the zoning, pressure and mixups. They both have teleport for anti zoning, but his fucking meterless teleport even leads to 24% damage....damn
But Sektor's pressure isn't...it isn't "pressure" in that Johnny Cage, D'Vorah sense. It's good, but there are gaps.

Mileena is arguably top 5/10

Rude

Semiiij and Gunshow are convinced of the contrary. Foxy still thinks that Mileena wins.

The opinions vary so greatly and I play neither. Confused boys.
The patch changed the mu that much? That's interesting. I don't play either, I just remember Lord Brady making 30 minute videos about it and Akromaniac losing his mind.

omooba

fear the moobs
I don't see it either. Aside from his great zoning which isn't hard to maneuver around, he has soo many things that can be shutdown and are just pure gimmicks. Yes he has 50/50's along with the entire cast in Mkx. I barely see people expose his gaps, and I think people only believe this because of that top 5 post that sonic made on twitter
1) don't believe it's easy to maneuver around straight missile + up rockets + air dash and when you do get close f212bb
2) by gimmicks i'm pretty sure you mean cancelling a string into up rockets which for the record the best most people can get is a trade and some need a read to even get the trade so when you say shutdown idk man

I think sonic's post just gave people the confidence to voice that he's that good