What's new

General/Other Is raven as basic as she seems?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
ares is rather annoying because he can projectile projectile projectile and then sneak a teleport in there and even throw invisibility in the mix. that's why his teleport is so much better than hers. it also means he always has a free wakeup. raven beats deathstroke after the patch.

the vertical one is obviously the one you want to go for in most situations because you can dash forward and get a soul crush after. from full screen, you can actually MB the soul crush dash forward again and get F222 soul crush, but it's hard.
Just to note here: At around 1/2-3/4 screen you can actually do a dash and jump kick since the vertical MB Void launches them so high and get some of her highest damage combos. I think I have a 50% two meter off of it, so naturally if you can land a MB vertical Void, it can be a game changer.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Just to note here: At around 1/2-3/4 screen you can actually do a dash and jump kick since the vertical MB Void launches them so high and get some of her highest damage combos. I think I have a 50% two meter off of it, so naturally if you can land a MB vertical Void, it can be a game changer.
that would be interesting to see.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
she's not necessarily easy to use, but outside of getting rid of some bad habits, being patient, and optimizing combos, there's not much else you learn. unless someone finds some fantastic, true tech with her, she doesn't take much to master.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Even ravens win pose is so basic lol I feel like they just copied and pasted sindel when they could've done so much more (like batman).

In my head, I would've pictured her walking away and putting on her hood, but before she does, she says "This is no game" and her signature four eyes come out.

She then proceeds to shape shift into a raven that flies away.

Now that's a win pose.

Her special with her dad definitely could've used more work on trigon himself. His hair is all static and cheap looking lol

Let me design the raven captures!

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Even ravens win pose is so basic lol I feel like they just copied and pasted sindel when they could've done so much more (like batman).

In my head, I would've pictured her walking away and putting on her hood, but before she does, she says "This is no game" and her signature four eyes come out.

Now that's a win pose.
OMFG that sounds like an amazing winpose, especially in her teen titans uniform!!! i showed my friend her winpose, and he said it looks like a "nod to phoenix," a.k.a. a copy and paste.

for her intro, i was thinking she could have said something like "what's the matter, afraid of the dark?" her famous line from the teen titans cartoon. anything would be better than the generic "you're a fool."

Now that's a win pose.

Her special with her dad definitely could've used more work on trigon himself. His hair is all static and cheap looking lol

Let me design the raven captures!
Yes her win pose is too basic. I hate that when someone else beats you, they still do something disrespectful to your character after the fact they just won.like joker burning you,harley kicking you,grundy throwing you,ares knives,etc. but raven, she just floats.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
well, she is supposed to be a pacifist. i agree her winpose/quote is bland, and i feel like i've seen in before, but she probably won't do anything too disrespectful.

Owerbart

I miss you
Raven has setups, especially with her B23 string. Raven is a tough one to learn, but I'm dedicated to take her as far as I can.

I don't consider her as a hardcore zoner neither. She has excellent strings.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Raven has setups, especially with her B23 string. Raven is a tough one to learn, but I'm dedicated to take her as far as I can.

I don't consider her as a hardcore zoner neither. She has excellent strings.

I find them all slow.

I personally think if you aren't

1) Blocking
2) Keeping frame advantage
3) Trying for an ambiguous cross up

When close then you're just setting yourself up to be punished.

Owerbart

I miss you
I find them all slow.

I personally think if you aren't

1) Blocking
2) Keeping frame advantage
3) Trying for an ambiguous cross up

When close then you're just setting yourself up to be punished.
How can you say that when you have a 6f d1, and none of your "most used" strings are even punishable?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
that's all standard, but some characters are more/less fortune than that. the only thing i found with that is B23 trait, which is matchup specific.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I think characters like Raven and Flash will become more prominent as an answer to this games current black adam metagame.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
This is both good and bad. Good. I see more Raven players then I did here a month ago. Bad. People dont know what they are doing.

I am going to study some blind man videos, see if I missed something I can add to my game.

She is not basic. When you have to control so much space in front of you its a lot to take in. Does she need buffs? No, no she does not. Do the top 3 need nerfs. probably.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
How can you say that when you have a 6f d1, and none of your "most used" strings are even punishable?
Of course I know about the D1, which other characters have as well (and the 7F D1's are only a frame behind, which in real time can compete with your D1). I'm actually a D1 spammer heh I use it to break tons of combos and incoming attacks.

Also I find throwing out an attack that isn't D1 can be risky because of the frame start up.

Some people are misunderstanding my use of the word basic. In no way am I calling Raven bad, I only stated that her gameplay seems very straight forward. I wanted to see how the rest of the community played their Raven.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but most of her attacks and specials seem to do exactly what their supposed to, right? Lol. Else I don't know any other way around other than straight forward :p