What's new

General/Other Is raven as basic as she seems?

Vogue

Noob
She has mixups, but not simple 50/50s like some characters. You can MB f3 on wakeup to blow up most of the casts wake up attacks except shit like sword flip. Once you train them to block high you can mixup with b12 into combo(not safe need to condition first) and use f3 backdash to bait wakeup attacks and punish. Throws, f2233 safe overhead if they try to backdash or armor. You have the tools to open the opponent up but she doesn't have the dirt rush down characters do. She's not Batgirl.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Shes not a doe hard zoner. I play cyborg and i destroy ravens online buy just zoning her out with iafbs and rockets.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
what would you suggest?
what i mostly want is her pillars to pop the opponent up more when they hit so it's easier to use them in combos, probably on both versions. more like when she anti airs an opponent with them and they get popped up a lot more.

like i said in the other thread, the range on singularity disappoints me. it even whiffs at the end of some combos, so i wish the hitbox extended upward a little and just a little more forward. i'm not sure if she needs that, but it just bugs me.

and of course F22 having different frame advantage than F2, even though they're the same move.

Chrishaspads

i dont see how when she has a reflect. she can also turn demon and teleport on you.
raven beats cyborg imo
there are mulitple fireballs on screen at once so the reflect doesnt reflect all of them and she had to jump to enter her trait(fireballs on the ground) and then you can see when she will teleport so you just block correctly and then zipline away :) thats how i see it

Sprint

Noob
Shes not a doe hard zoner. I play cyborg and i destroy ravens online buy just zoning her out with iafbs and rockets.
What sort of scrubs are you playing?
IAFB is absolutely no threat at all. It's the easiest thing in the game to absorb with Empty Void. Free meter.
Rockets are easy to dodge when they aren't being used as part of rushdown. All they do is provide a good opportunity to activate Demon Stance.

Vogue

Noob
Those morons have no idea how to play her. This character needs no buffs. She's perfect the way she is.

Seriously, every patch that's released I'm breathing a sigh of relief when I see she isn't nerfed. I think its a good thing for us she is not a more popular character haha.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
they really have no reason to nerf her. her damage is fine and requires meter, her special moves are either very negative or have long startup to keep her from spamming, her normals and strings don't have particularly good range. some people overreact to soul crush, but it's basically a far ranged punish.

Chrishaspads

What sort of scrubs are you playing?
IAFB is absolutely no threat at all. It's the easiest thing in the game to absorb with Empty Void. Free meter.
Rockets are easy to dodge when they aren't being used as part of rushdown. All they do is provide a good opportunity to activate Demon Stance.
I use rockets after a hard knockdown so they cant activate trait but idk :3 lol i guess i face a lot of raven scrubs :b people are sleeping on her, i agree and do you have xbox?

Sprint

Noob
Yeah, that's what I meant by as part of rushdown. Get a knockdown, launch Rockets, go in after them.
Raven has a hard time dealing with that due to her poor wakeup options.

However, throwing IAFBs and Rockets at Raven in the neutral game doesn't really achieve much aside from giving her a load of meter, which she can then use on sending a few unblockable projectiles back. Rushdown is the way to go - Cyborgs with a good rushdown game are the ones I tend to lose to.

I have xbox, but I'm in Europe and the netcode is too horrible to have decent games unless by some chance you're also in Europe.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
However, throwing IAFBs and Rockets at Raven in the neutral game doesn't really achieve much aside from giving her a load of meter,
oh that's one change i forgot, give her more meter for absorbing projectiles. as of right now, there's not much incentive to use absorb unless you're planning on spending meter to go for a unblockable, which can be easily dodged, or if they have advantage on their projectile.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
oh that's one change i forgot, give her more meter for absorbing projectiles. as of right now, there's not much incentive to use absorb unless you're planning on spending meter to go for a unblockable, which can be easily dodged, or if they have advantage on their projectile.
Raven's absorb? If someone is trying to zone Raven, she can absorb for agreeable amount of meter and the unblock able projectile can come from a lateral angle or a vertical one, creating a mixup in itself. They can even create a full combo.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Raven's absorb? If someone is trying to zone Raven, she can absorb for agreeable amount of meter and the unblock able projectile can come from a lateral angle or a vertical one, creating a mixup in itself. They can even create a full combo.
she gets a teeny bit of meter... i guess i'll go in the lab later and see how many she has to absorb to get a bar.
both MB empty void projectiles can be dodged by simply jumping forward, which is super easy since it has such long startup. the vertical one is obviously the one you want to go for in most situations because you can dash forward and get a soul crush after. from full screen, you can actually MB the soul crush dash forward again and get F222 soul crush, but it's hard.
you can also just do event horizon into a combo, but that takes two meters and it won't be worth it because you get a free combo when projectiles trade with event horizon. that free combo only costs 1 meter and does more damage, if i'm not mistaken. the only thing i can think of to make empty void more useful by itself is give her more meter for absorbing something.