What's new

General/Other Is raven as basic as she seems?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The only person I've PERSONALLY seen play her correctly has been STB Reggin aka Habity who beat Crazy Dominicans Doomsday at ECT.

She's not THAT basic to be honest.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
When you need meter to do your damage, you will be able to tell right away that she isn't easy to use.

Owerbart

I miss you
Of course I know about the D1, which other characters have as well (and the 7F D1's are only a frame behind, which in real time can compete with your D1). I'm actually a D1 spammer heh I use it to break tons of combos and incoming attacks.

Also I find throwing out an attack that isn't D1 can be risky because of the frame start up.

Some people are misunderstanding my use of the word basic. In no way am I calling Raven bad, I only stated that her gameplay seems very straight forward. I wanted to see how the rest of the community played their Raven.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but most of her attacks and specials seem to do exactly what their supposed to, right? Lol. Else I don't know any other way around other than straight forward :p
I get your point, my friend. But I do think she has tons of variables. Take F13 for example. Amazing string. 223? Amazing. 22 is safe and you have a countless of ways to set your opponent up, like baiting the backdash, parry, etc.

It may seem like slow strings at first, but once we get more and more experience as Raven players, our mix-ups will become more unpredictable.

I'll try to record some matches tomorrow so you guys can take a look at my Raven.

Narra

Shes not very complex all you need to really know is her special moves,F222,and B12 I agree though her wakeup options are sub-par compared to others.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah, she's basic, but that doesn't mean she sucks and she's not easymode like superman. play her if you want. there aren't enough ravens online.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I still think Raven is amazing. I only wish that her db1 gave her a bit more meter. Maybe double what it gives now (Which isn't alot IMHO...but it would make it much more viable).

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
I still think Raven is amazing. I only wish that her db1 gave her a bit more meter. Maybe double what it gives now (Which isn't alot IMHO...but it would make it much more viable).
agreed. that's what i was saying earlier.
right now, she doesn't have much reason to sit there and absorb projectiles, but building meter would be a good one.

IMO, she should get meter from actually using the Empty Void, and then extra meter from absorbing a projectile.

Special moves are supposed to grant meter when performed regardless of whether or not they hit/absorb/reflect, yet Empty Void doesn't WTF.