What's new

Question - Summoner Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 260 86.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters
quan is terrible,just buff him in the next patch,i think he needs a 6 frame mid armored launcher and the normal skull must be plus on block.also he needs his d1 to be +3 on block and +100 on hit in order to have free jump in for his vortex!also he needs his runes to be at least +50 on block(ofc meterless runes)!quan as it is he sucks,clearly jason is top 1,so nerf jason and buff quan!!!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Summoner is as mid-tier as Batgirl was *sarcasm*.

Seriously though, his set ups are too strong to be labeled mid tier. They all have good damage are loopable. Beyond that he has some of the best zoning in the game and decent offense.

The ONLY thing he lacks is strong armor.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Summoner is as mid-tier as Batgirl was *sarcasm*.

Seriously though, his set ups are too strong to be labeled mid tier. They all have good damage are loopable. Beyond that he has some of the best zoning in the game and decent offense.

The ONLY thing he lacks is strong armor.
Imagine Quan with Kano's enhanced upball. Sweeet.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'd love to see @General M2Dave's tier list.
lol yep,
i can see it now:
S: we know on this we wont see quan
A: we know all zoners will be on the ok maybe strong level
B: all the op characters are here
Abysmal: and we almost forgot Tremor?

@I Am The LK

i think @General M2Dave should make a tierlist. just in advance. i will like the post, so you have one vote:)

LOL Quan Chi after 2016 patch. We need Smoke's hair back.

and OMG thats great:) Creepy but great;)

that bottom one. ID MAIN him if he had that HAIR....LOL
id use Warlock OFC cuz id want the WU's:DOGE

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
lol yep,
i can see it now:
S: we know on this we wont see quan
A: we know all zoners will be on the ok maybe strong level
B: all the op characters are here
Abysmal: and we almost forgot Tremor?

@I Am The LK

i think @General M2Dave should make a tierlist. just in advance. i will like the post, so you have one vote:)

and OMG thats great:) Creepy but great;)

that bottom one. ID MAIN him if he had that HAIR....LOL
id use Warlock OFC cuz id want the WU's:DOGE
Would it be enough to make him top though? :DOGE

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Well Quan Chi is like a turtle. If you will turn him on his back, he will not be able to get up. To be honest Quan Chi is one of the best character in the game. Not top 3 in my opinion but top 6 for sure. I hate those bat mix ups. I think that is very cheap.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Maybe for someone he is mid tier. That is someone opinion. If somebody have good arguments for that then let's talk.

I agree with that but only when we don't speak about Summoner variation.

- Summoner - high tier

others: mid tiers

I have trouble only with Summoners but that is not my opponent skill but more matter of luck. There is too many mix up options in that variation. It's very hard to guess.

edit this out... "Quan Chi downplayer"

this is dave actually being serious, believe it or not.
this is what i was talking about:
remember when you asked me why everyone Flips a wig on M2Dave!
yep this along many other posts is why.
i dont think he is trying to downplay, i actually think he is guniune in his Posts and point of view. but as you can see know this is why.
he can sometimes be delusional. we all know Shujinky can downplay a bit with his character, even though STB are good guys. no ill will towards any of them.

Quan is top can make you guss like 5 times in corner. massive Pressure, Full map control. Obnoxious mixups that are Unreactible.. insaine high damage thats unblockable.
Looping Vortex situations. puts this character above all others, only other character that has a chance is HQT at mediating his pressure.
Main point Quan does what the other power houses do but Better!

and on another note. not hating but Lao is nowhere fucking near Quan in any way. Lao lost to much. Lao doesnt have the mixup, Lao doesnt have the pressure after pushback nerf, Lao may only have one thing on Quan a viable Wakup... but i think some should Wakeup and realize Lao is not Quan/HQT/Tanya level(and Tanya is below the other 2)

Drops Mic(dotffffhhh)
You downplay lao , how does he not stand a chance? What you said does not make sense at all.

NeedsMoreWoolay

Arise and fight
Quan needs a KL type armored wake up then he's mid tier. He's trash.

But really he isn't the best in the game, Top 5 in Summoner and Sorcerer. Maybe Warlock is top 10(?) I still think it's alright, should be played more honestly.
I play Sorcerer, just for the record, not trying to downplay either.