What's new

Question - Necromancer Is Necro Shinnok A Zoner?

Necromancer = Zoner

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
I saw that variation. It's ok but it's also quite similar to my character (Kotal Khan War God). I want to try something different. Time for zoner character :) I don't like zoning but Shinnok looks very ok for me (I have ideas for setups).

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I would say Necromancer is counter zoning. Flick is meant to discourage Fireball trades, and Fiend is to stop people from waking up on you with folgiers in their cup or to stop them from running at you, unless you're like D'Vorah or Tanya etc...

I actually don't think he's worth it in that variation. Bone Shaper zones better, has a better projectile and better Unblockable setups to me.

Necro might be considered if his other two variations didn't blow it out of the water.

Iced_Taz

I will check it. BTW. counter zoner is.....Ferra Torr :)

ps. I also think Neco is counter zoner. I want to use him against zoners the same way like I use Ferra Torr.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
To me necromancer is the most well rounded out of the three variations, here is why i think that:

- builds meter quickly
- can zone
- can counter zone
- low or overhead game
- f2 is a godlike footsie tool and thats what exactly ruins bone shaper for me
- can score a solid 37% midscreen combo for one bar

it has everything for a well rounded character, but thats just my opinion

Iced_Taz

Well I don't Shinnok yet. I'm totally fresh with him but from whole roster I like maybe few characters. That is the reason I want to try him. Necromancer attacks looks awsome. I always want to crush my opponent with giant bone hand :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To me necromancer is the most well rounded out of the three variations, here is why i think that:

- builds meter quickly
- can zone
- can counter zone
- low or overhead game
- f2 is a godlike footsie tool and thats what exactly ruins bone shaper for me
- can score a solid 37% midscreen combo for one bar

it has everything for a well rounded character, but thats just my opinion
What 37% 1 bar combo?

Iced_Taz

Today i spent with him over 15 min in practice mode. I got 35% with one bar:

jp, 112 EXfiend, njp, jp, f224 df4 (it depends about how high opponent is).

I also discovered if you will use ex fiend you can do quick db1 and it will OKI. I must test it in real duel.

Iced_Taz

38% 1 bar with jip, 37% without jip

jip 112 ex fiend njp f3 112 df4 or db2

Finally found some use for that f3 lol
That combo is good but it's hard to hit 112 after f3. I use version with less famage (2%) but I can always hit.