What's new

Question - Necromancer Is Necro Shinnok A Zoner?

Necromancer = Zoner

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
He could be a zoner, but flick doesn't track well. You can run through it during startup. Because of this he is an unviable zoner. Zoners are just unviable in this game unless you're Summoner Quan Chi, Jacqui, or Balanced Kenshi. Cybernetic Kano is solid, but had problems That keep him from being in the same ranks as the 3 characters I previously mentioned.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
He could be a zoner, but flick doesn't track well. You can run through it during startup. Because of this he is an unviable zoner. Zoners are just unviable in this game unless you're Summoner Quan Chi, Jacqui, or Balanced Kenshi. Cybernetic Kano is solid, but had problems That keep him from being in the same ranks as the 3 characters I previously mentioned.
Really? I personally think it tracks plenty fine

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui is more of a hybrid character than a zoner.

Tanya pyro is definitely a viable zoner though.

LEGEND

YES!
The answer is yes.

You "zone" with the threat of hell sparks and check them full screen with Flick.

If they block sparks they have to guess wether you're going to MB it or not, and if they block the MB you use your plus frames to either back up or apply pressure

Overall it's better to play imposter cause you basically do the same thing except you have more reward on pressure. And you can use Tele as the check (more risk/more reward). In short, I would classify all Shinnok variations as defensive zoning/footsie characters that can make use of limited offense given to proper scenario

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
You're the only one who thinks so. Do you play online? If so, then I'd understand why you would think his zoning tool works.
You just cant only use or spam the flick a ton you have to mix thst up with the grab and hell ssparks (when in range)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think Necromancer was intended to be his go-to zoning variation, but it still needs some work, imo. Nobody uses that shit in tournaments.