What's new

Question - Necromancer Is Necro Shinnok A Zoner?

Necromancer = Zoner

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
He's weird. I began to end combos with df4 so I could get the hkd and bait shit but he's pretty much a zoner with some weird offensive capabilities. Though... I mean what he gets in this variation is still...

All of his variations are lackluster. Sue me. He may be a viable midtier with Impostor/BS but it's like they were caught in a crisis:

NRS Guy: Uh let's see... He used to be able to steal moves and become other characters like Shang Tsung, we can do something with that... He also used this Bone Scythe thing as a weapon, we can use that... But what about his skeletal hands from Armageddon?

NRS Guy 2: Good question... Make them used as like a zoning/spacing variation?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I play both Online and Offline. And i do think its a decent zoning tool
As soon as one sees the flick start up they can start to run. When the move is ready to connect the opponent has already successfully dodged the move because they're smart. I guess it works for you because the people don't know how to handle flick. Doesn't make it solid.

RM_NINfan101

As soon as one sees the flick start up they can start to run. When the move is ready to connect the opponent has already successfully dodged the move because they're smart. I guess it works for you because the people don't know how to handle flick. Doesn't make it solid.
When used as a meaty Flick isn't terrible, but it sure as hell works way better online than offline.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes he is a zoner, I explained this before. But his zoning tools are not effective since they can be FULL COMBO PUNISHED FROM FULL SCREEN :( I just want the tracking to be fixed then I'll play Necromancer more like I wanted to from the start.
Shinnok zoning explanation in short:
Hell Sparks beat running/jumping
Db1 beats running/jumping
Flick pushes them back to start back up what I said above.
Jumping actually sometimes beats it if you time it right.
DB1 only stops you running if you put it in the right place.
Flick pushes them back if they don't run past it and full combo punish you from full screen -___________-

-_________________________-

-_____________________________________________________________-

#FixTheTracking #NRSPls #MakeShinnokViableKappa

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Yes he is a zoner, I explained this before. But his zoning tools are not effective since they can be FULL COMBO PUNISHED FROM FULL SCREEN :( I just want the tracking to be fixed then I'll play Necromancer more like I wanted to from the start.

Flick pushes them back if they don't run past it and full combo punish you from full screen -___________-

Ive never had anyone run and full combo punish me on reaction to the flick Online or offline. I get what you mean but is that really that bad? I mean like i said ive played plenty of people who didn't do it on reaction. They knew i was gonna do it and started to run first.

Youphemism

Ive never had anyone run and full combo punish me on reaction to the flick Online or offline. I get what you mean but is that really that bad? I mean like i said ive played plenty of people who didn't do it on reaction. They knew i was gonna do it and started to run first.
Then they're not playing the matchup right. It took my training partner 5 minutes to learn to run on reaction to it and full combo punish me FROM FULL SCREEN every time. It was saddening :( It really is that bad I'm afraid and I really don't want it to be so...

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Then they're not playing the matchup right. It took my training partner 5 minutes to learn to run on reaction to it and full combo punish me FROM FULL SCREEN every time. It was saddening :( It really is that bad I'm afraid and I really don't want it to be so...
Ive been playing with a bunch people and none of them do it. Idk i still dint think its as bas as u say it us. Maybr when it happens to me ill change my tune but until then im saying its good enough

RM_NINfan101

@Youphemism is correct, you definitely can run and punish from full screen. That's where theoretically the db1 comes into play and you move it forward, but... You have to condition them to run right after flick. I've had db1 go to the left and catch sliding or running opponents, or jumpers.

That however still is not reliable.

EDIT: Not right after, that's impossible. I meant to say make them guess if you will do a meaty flick, they try to read you will and THEN run at you and then you can do the db1 or bf1.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Ive been playing with a bunch people and none of them do it. Idk i still dint think its as bas as u say it us. Maybr when it happens to me ill change my tune but until then im saying its good enough
Well then as I said they're not playing the matchup right :p I mean you can test it for yourself and tell other people to do it so you can see yourself but I don't blame you for not believing me at first because it sounds really shitty but that's just Necro right now lol

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
It is easily able to do so because the hitbox on flick is not large. People can literally wakeup run and get past it. This has been known since release.
I tried this in practice. Everytime I tried running on reaction, I would be 3 frames in the run startup and be behind the fingers of the flick and still get hit.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg

They still have to guess which version of db1 I'm going to do.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
He is actually bad/anti zoner with necromancer. He can try to zone, but the reality is that he needs to wait for you to zone. An example of this is when fighting Full Auto Jacqui.

Once she starts her zoning, you just have to wait and flick. If you try to take the offensive and zone her more, she will win. Whereas fighting Grandmaster Sub you'll want to zone more than wait for him.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yeah that would explain it. Poor Jason man, he really didn't get the Freddy hookup.
I think his Slasher variation is solid (some of the best meter-less damage in the game, one of the best projectiles in the game, one of the best air normals in the game, one of the best neutral jump punches, great d2, great range on normals), but I really think Relentless and Unstoppable (Unstoppable in particular) could use some help.