What's new

Is it really worth competing...

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
THTB hey! We played casuals at mlg, I was the one who picked sheeva and said I'm not trolling I actually use her lol. But if your close (me and streetsweep are about an hour from pittsburg) you should come and play some games with us, it would be wonderful to have such a skilled and knowledgeable player in our play group (we have a few people coming) to do some leveling up. What do you think?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If I can ever make it to Pittsburgh, I'll be sure to hit you guys up. :)

SquirtMcGirt

Cool, me and streetsweep actually live in a smallish town called greenville pa. Where you from man?

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I've really been thinking about it, I have to look up my local transportation. It's either that or ECT.

Altaire

Noob
I'm only going to say one thing about this thread: If you don't want to compete simply for the tournament experience, whether it's because you want to win or simply because you want to meet other players, there's no point in going. Obviously, everyone would love to make money for playing fighting games if it's something they enjoy doing, but that's the underlying distinction: It has to be something you enjoy doing for its own sake. It's different for someone like Justin Wong, who gets a portion of his income from tournament play. For someone like you, someone who's just getting into the competitive scene, you really need to just go for the experience. This is ESPECIALLY for a game like MK, with little to no payout. Unless MLG goes full-tilt with MK9 (and I think it will, in all fairness), winning MK tournaments is not going to be a particularly lucrative venture.

SquirtMcGirt

Yeah lisbon is about a lil more than an hour away from the good ole ville...hmmm, that's not too far.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah lisbon is about a lil more than an hour away from the good ole ville...hmmm, that's not too far.
Not just that...Youngstown is an easy middle ground for us as well, and Rookieoftheyear holds sessions in Youngstown. Plus, I work there as well! :)

Also, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Akron/Canton are not very far away from Youngstown.

Youngstown possibly becoming a meetup point? :)

SquirtMcGirt

That would be cool, we need a scene around here. I know me and streetsweeep are down, i bet rich1981 would be too. I believe i met rookieoftheyear at mlg. Cool dude. We need to get this figured out!

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
Of course I'd be willing to host any and all comers. There are several locations we could hold sessions at if there's a big enough crowd. I host weekly sessions at my house, and there are about six of us that show up pretty regularly.