What's new

Question - Impostor Is Imposter dead?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Only off of f4 does he need meter to vortex in most cases, and that's what people are expecting, so when b3 hits you get a meterless, damage buffed vortex. It's not always there, but if you're conditioning right you shouldn't have to MB every single combo. I don't get how his meter building is worse, you still didn't say what they nerfed.

I know about Hell Sparks being +14 but I'm not sure how that would be detrimental to meter building.
Because with +24 you could meterburn after the 2nd ball and still get a 112 or f22, while with +14 you can only get a f4 after you meterburn the 1st ball.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It's not dead. It was about equal with boneshaper, then boneshaper got buffed and is the superior variation now. But imposter is better in some matchup. Just because BS is better doesn't mean imposter is bad, it's really good, just not as good as BS.
The HLs nerf got Impostor real bad and not bone shaper.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The HLs nerf got Impostor real bad and not bone shaper.
Meh, I don't agree that it hurt imposter that much. It did hurt imposter more than bs, but it shouldn't have been +24 to begin with imo.

Bad Genez

Green
Because with +24 you could meterburn after the 2nd ball and still get a 112 or f22, while with +14 you can only get a f4 after you meterburn the 1st ball.
Who's got the 2 frame punish to catch the f2 after the 2nd ball is meter burned, or did I confuse myself with this?

EDIT: I'll explain cause it's really early and i'm really stoned but, I was under the impression that if I'm +14 and I use f2 which is 16 frame; 1. I don't know the whole casts frames, I don't know who can punish that and 2. Shouldn't that just be guaranteed pressure? How does that hurt him so bad?

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Who's got the 2 frame punish to catch the f2 after the 2nd ball is meter burned, or did I confuse myself with this?

EDIT: I'll explain cause it's really early and i'm really stoned but, I was under the impression that if I'm +14 and I use f2 which is 16 frame; 1. I don't know the whole casts frames, I don't know who can punish that and 2. Shouldn't that just be guaranteed pressure? How does that hurt him so bad?
Armor fucks the f2 up.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf

they can now armour out of the blockstring pressure

Also, I'm pretty sure Dark Beam will be on the chopping block. The only MU's that I think are hard for Imposter are the ones where he gets a useless move (Jason, Takeda).

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
He's not an amazing zoner, have you even played Shinnok? BS also has a 50/50, and f4 is universal. That wasn't constructive at all.

At any rate, everyone's saying basically what I'm thinking; Imposter is strong, just underused. I don't think people are really taking advantage of Mimicry correctly, they see a special move that doesn't give a free Vortex and it's hur hur Boneshaper all the way. Until I can start showing at offline events regularly, I'd love to see someother high level love for Imposter.
look i was talking about BS,the other two variations(impostor,and necromancer) are dead!

E

Eldriken

they can now armour out of the blockstring pressure

Also, I'm pretty sure Dark Beam will be on the chopping block. The only MU's that I think are hard for Imposter are the ones where he gets a useless move (Jason, Takeda).
Jason's Killing Machine didn't seem so useless when you were stomping my ass while it was active. >=O

I got bopped by an imposter with 42% combos into vortex. It most certainly is a better variation for certain match ups. Ride out the wave and you'll see people go back to it.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Jason's Killing Machine didn't seem so useless when you were stomping my ass while it was active. >=O
I only ever use killing machine when I believe I can win in that timeframe! Stealing killing machine takes away your damage buff, your reset potential, and it could potential set you up to be full combo punished upon it's use.

E

Eldriken

I only ever use killing machine when I believe I can win in that timeframe! Stealing killing machine takes away your damage buff, your reset potential, and it could potential set you up to be full combo punished upon it's use.
Yeah, that is true. But still, I hate your Shinnok. =(