What's new

Is anyone using Hop Attack?

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I dont think i have seen anyone use a hop attack in a match. Is it pointless? it seems too slow to do after a knockdown.
Unless its a good read, It also doesnt seem that good at eating low pokes cause of the range and speed. I kinda wish they worked like street fighter 3's universal overhead where they hop forwards and then cause hitstun instead of a knockdown, even if they lost the overhead property.

What are your experiances and opinions with hop attacks at the moment?

It's not as usefull as i hoped it will be but it's not completly useless either. It's good against people who aproach with low pokes often.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
I use hopkick/empty hop BF4 KB with Sonya as a mixup/ conditioning tool especially in the corner if they're respecting me too much.

K3M1K4l

Banned
With kabal, I use it when people low poke a lot but mostly in the corner. I like to condition em to block first

Last edited:
It can be good as an overhead most people don't expect or you can use it as a quick ranged attack if you have an air move like Sonya's Soaring General (the BF3), since it hits the opponent when they're standing as opposed to your needing them to be jumping.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've used it a few times to get out of the corner and somehow it worked, but I'm sure it was just a fluke. I feel like it's most useful to get in on the opponent if you're further away and it's an overhead so if they're blocking low and keep backing up, it's a good tool.

Wigy

There it is...
It's decent on some characters. Kollector I use it with f1 staggers but issue being d1 mashing is very prevalent and it does nothing against those up close

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I've used it a few times to get out of the corner and somehow it worked, but I'm sure it was just a fluke. I feel like it's most useful to get in on the opponent if you're further away and it's an overhead so if they're blocking low and keep backing up, it's a good tool.
I use it as a low wiff punish, when they decide too spam lows. I'm pretty sure what happened to you is called pure luck, V

Wigy

There it is...
Also find I can do them perfectly in neutral but if you're coming out of blockstun I get full jumps a lot.

Wish they'd just make l2 hop. Would make them SO much better