What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

Afumba

Noob
What is the max level for the seasonal tower? Does it have one? Also, does anyone remember what level it stopped giving skins? 30 wasn't it?

Important safety tip, egon!
Lvl 34 is the last reward.

I dont think the tower has a limit. I am above 100 and it keep going. Same is for profile ranks 410ish and it keeps going (no rewards for any prifile ranks so far)

Am I the only one that got 100+ secret fights in season 1 and 0 in season 2?
No, its this way for most the people. I barely know anyone who had a swcret fight this season.

yeah too bad,idk im actualy really suprised i seem to be the only one here that got it haha i cant recall doing anyhting special in he fight i could single out that could be the trigger,except for being sub zero and doing a fatality,i definetly didnt flawless any of the phases but i may have finished one with full health due to the magic saws having siphon health and having many charges.
Tried ro replicate your seceet fight for awhile... no success. But accorsing to people online that did get it there is no reward for it. Its probaly just a preview as someone in this thread suggested.

NoCharge

Noob
Did the Titan Battles. The first Order of Darkness General Shao skin unlocked simply by entering the Mesa for me as well, and his battle showed "Kompleted."

Got the different palletes for him and Baraka.
Are there only 6 pallettes? Also did you get titan Shao skin? Its dope, but dont know uf available.

Afumba

Noob
I got to, and defeated, Nitara last night. Used Mileena and one of the Buzzsaw Talismans, no Relic since I keep getting server errors every time I try to equip one. Wasn't a hard battle for me.

I'm now slowly going through each Mesa to 100% them.

For this fabled Order Of Darkness Sub-Zero battle, since it appears next Season will be Sub-Zero's, I expect this is a hoax.

For the "grind," you have an entire month to go through the Mode and Invasions isn't too long. Even my finance, who mostly button mashes, is getting through things and taking her time. Space things out instead of sitting their for hours.

For the "grind" on currency and character mastery and such, as @Jynks said, all this stuff comes in time through regular play. If you are truly grinding things, that's something you're choosing to do, not something you have to do.

If you don't like Invasions at all, that's cool: do not play it. It's a completely optional mode (as they all are) that awards cosmetic items that don't affect actual gameplay at all. It's not worth forcing yourself to play something you don't like simply to play "dress up" with characters. By not playing it, you're sending a better message to the development team than by forcing yourself to do something you despise.
You are right, the grind is something one chooses to do and that it normally should come while playing the game naturally.

But given that the reward structure is horrible atm (single player exp too low; no exp for friendlies, VS and local; no way to transfers excess experience to a different character etc) you cant blame people for jumping to speedfarm occassion the second one arises... even more so than they would already. Especially since its the only way to get a few dragon krystals.

I am a huge fan of the character progress reward system but it should be cosmetics only. Brutis, Fatas, Taunts, (Intros and Outros... still hope they implement those... loved them in 11) should be unlockable with coins in the character screen which would give regular coins at least a use. Gating them behind character levels just screams "pls exploit the next exp grind". Even dragon krystals should be rewsrded differently like profile and daily/ werkly rewards.

For example... you cant bother someone that casually wants to goof of with a couple of other characters with having to grind lots of levels in invasions for each character while simultaneously telling them the 1k matches they played with their main either dont give exp or the exp/coins they got are useless (cuz theres nothing to spend coins on and exp is useless once the main is maxed).

So while you are correct in your statement its still NRS fault that created an enviroment where the grind doesnt feel natural and people feel the need to abuse any grind possible as long as its available.

The reward structure is just not thought out and user friendly enough for people to want to do it naturally, at least not for a huge amount of players.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Lvl 34 is the last reward.

I dont think the tower has a limit. I am above 100 and it keep going. Same is for profile ranks 410ish and it keeps going (no rewards for any prifile ranks so far)

No, its this way for most the people. I barely know anyone who had a swcret fight this season.

Tried ro replicate your seceet fight for awhile... no success. But accorsing to people online that did get it there is no reward for it. Its probaly just a preview as someone in this thread suggested.
I am at lvl 135 or something with everything maxed. Ofc if the XP we earned after reaching lvl 100 in season 1 counted, my profile level would be somewhere. Beyond 100 its just a number so it dont mean anything. I stopped in the 40s on the seasonal tower as I dont see any point in going to insanely higher levels. Unless you have a lot of chars to master ur strategy might be worth it else its kinda pointless.

Afumba

Noob
I am at lvl 135 or something with everything maxed. Ofc if the XP we earned after reaching lvl 100 in season 1 counted, my profile level would be somewhere. Beyond 100 its just a number so it dont mean anything. I stopped in the 40s on the seasonal tower as I dont see any point in going to insanely higher levels. Unless you have a lot of chars to master ur strategy might be worth it else its kinda pointless.
I assume with my strategy you mean the talisman and the tower grind? Well yea ofc, the purpose of it is just maxing out characters.

I didnt really grind any profile levels I was 100 last season and was 372 when i finished maxing my last character in seasonal towers. After that i grinded to 400 just to check if 400 is max which tool 1 fight per level. The other 10 levels are from testing different talismans i upgraded for shits and giggle.

I am curious, how do you have everything maxed and are only lvl135? Did you do it last season?

Art Lean

Noob
Are the skins in the shop only available there?
I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the answer is a simple case of "some are, some aren't".

Once you play through invasions to completion, you'll get a few bits and bobs that are in the premium store and I think the seasonal store too, but a lot of it's seasonal store only.

Afumba

Noob
Are the skins in the shop only available there?
The shop exclusive things should have a star icon on them which technically should mean that everything else is available through playing the game in some way or another. Unfortunately there is lots of stuff that doesnt have the star icon but isnt available otherwise... those are either buggy in the shop, unclear by design or will be available through play in the future.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I don't think that is true. Everything without a star will be in the shrine, if not now, eventually. The only thing you won't find is KL rewards and Invasion pallets.. They are unique to those modes I think.. Though I've heard people say season 1 pallets are in season 2 shrine.. I just have not seen them myself.

Jynks

Small tip.... I noticed that the Season 1 consumables were all still in my inventory at the start of Season 2... you know the ones you can use by pressing "x" and then consming....

Once you finish the Seasonal Tower (I think it is lev 33) you get the Nitara Skin... but if you keep doing it you actually are now rewarded legendary consumables. Many you will never need like "immune to projectiles"... but you can also get the "herbs" that give you +5 in a given stat.

I think if you are grinding towers for Mastery Levels or koin... then make sure you collect an inventory worth of these +5 stat boosts. You have 5 slots.. so I would get one for each state +Defence +Agility +Special and 2x +Attack...

Then when you start season 3... they "may" still be in the inventory and give you a small boost to the season.

trufenix

bye felicia
So invasions is obviously the worst krypt, but is it the worst mode in nrs history? Is it worse than Star Labs? Is it worse than mkvdc kombo challenges? Hmm.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
So invasions is obviously the worst krypt, but is it the worst mode in nrs history? Is it worse than Star Labs? Is it worse than mkvdc kombo challenges? Hmm.
Yeah the only thing it's good for is getting seasonal coins faster and leveling up a character/practice combos with random characters.

NoCharge

Noob
Last time I had tens of thousands of koins left after I bought everything in the seasonal shop, now I only have 20k and bought only all shao and reiko stuff.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I finally maxed out General Shao and I'm seriously considering stopping there; this grind is fucking tedious....

Ah, right; need to max Kung Lao and Baraka...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Art Lean

Noob
Anyone got any advice for Challenge Tower at level 64 with the goddamn blood vortex, using stock talismans (I'm still saving up all my damage and charge upgrades for a custom War Horn, but still a long way off from that)?

Scorpion's Rage was absolutely useless, I ended up selling it. Said it did 3000 damage, but all it does is harpoon them and knock off maybe 5% health.

I managed to get to fight 8 using the fart talisman and the invulnerable to projectiles konsumable so the vortex doesn't hurt me, but I've obviously now lost that konsumable and the fart talisman is too unreliable, you have to get it right on them or it's useless. The Legendary War horn I can only use once every other fight since it's one charge only, and the opponents all have like 7000 health and that damn vortex that heals them keeps spawning right on them! Every fight has to run out of time to win if I manage to keep them away from the vortex, and when I did manage to get to the eighth fight, Kung Lao got me in some long animations whilst the vortex just spawned on him and returned him to full health 3 times.

I've resorted to just doing the first fight with the War Horn, to get max XP from a flawless fatality, then quitting on the next fight against Shao Kahn. Then I equip my second Legendary War horn, repeat. Then once both have been used, going back to the first mesa and recharging them each on a two-punch Level 1 fight. Rinse, wash, repeat. It's a little bit annoying, but is probably quicker than trying to battle through these fights that all have to time out to get any XP from.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
There's a consumable that gives you unlimited talisman charges and it should work for an entire tower since you can't re-equip consumables mid tower.

Maybe that will help with War Horn.

Art Lean

Noob
There's a consumable that gives you unlimited talisman charges and it should work for an entire tower since you can't re-equip consumables mid tower.

Maybe that will help with War Horn.
Had it but used it long ago, never seen it again since, any idea where I can get another from?

Art Lean

Noob
Ok solved it. Found a relic that makes me win if the timer runs out, added it to a talisman that heals approx. 2000% on activation.

Then re-allocated all my points to health and defense, then just avoid the opponent as much as I can until the timer runs out.

It's slow but it'll get it done.

Last edited:

Jynks

Ok solved it. Found a relic that makes me win if the timer runs out, added it to a talisman that heels approx. 2000% on activation. Then re-allocated all my points to health and defense, then just avoid the opponent as much as I can until the timer runs out. It's slow but it'll get it done.
cool.

Anyone got any advice for Challenge Tower at level 64 with the goddamn blood vortex, using stock talismans (I'm still saving up all my damage and charge upgrades for a custom War Horn, but still a long way off from that)?
I'd go for blood resistance.. There is usally a +50% relic in one of the stores.. they often have bad side effects, I like the Dragon Egg one. If you run that tower with a char that has +50% blood resistance by default, you end up with 100% resistance and can basically ignore the blood effects for zero damage.