What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

Art Lean

Noob
I'd go for blood resistance.. There is usally a +50% relic in one of the stores.. they often have bad side effects, I like the Dragon Egg one. If you run that tower with a char that has +50% blood resistance by default, you end up with 100% resistance and can basically ignore the blood effects for zero damage.
I'm just trying to do all the character mastery, so don't really want to be replaying it with characters I've already maxed out and will be wasting XP on.

Thank you though, but the timer relic is doing just fine for level 64, if it weren't for the vortex I wouldn't even need to touch the controller.

Afumba

Noob
So invasions is obviously the worst krypt, but is it the worst mode in nrs history? Is it worse than Star Labs? Is it worse than mkvdc kombo challenges? Hmm.
Didnt like and play Injustice so i cant comment on that and i also dont count mkvdc as a MK game. But i cant image those games having a worse mode. I mean i consider MK1 tutorial challenges a better game mode than invasions.

Its a close race between MK11 ToT and MK1 Invasions.

So lets see...
  • ToT were horrible but the daily/weekly towers in the middle mesa managed to be even worse.
  • ToT towers were tedious but at least had a reason for specific ppls to do them, invasion towers are pointless.
  • ToT towers had rewards which were visible, invasion towers dont really have rewards.
  • Consumables were better in 11.
  • Inventory was better in 11.
  • Invasions RPG aspect is sad and badly thought out but at least it allows you to get through faster.
  • Invasions story aspect is poorly done and way to shallow, this season even managed to have the most stupidly wirtten endscene.
  • Invasions is basically like the first 34lvl of this seasons challenge tower spread out in mesas.
  • invasions also replaced the krypt and its way worse than the krypt... for so many reasons...
  • invasions dont have a rewarding feeling to it compared to Krypt and even ToT towers. Which is partly due to MK1 having way less features and content than MK11.
  • Mesas visuals is the only positive thing, which wont last long if we have to do the same mesas over and over again.
  • invasions is a one and done thing each month while ToT required more investment.
So i'd personally still go with ToT for the worst mode short term and right now, but mid to long term invasions is probably the worst if it stays as it is. Objectively invasion might even be the worst period.

But at least invasions have potential if NRS puts some thought and effort into it and amps it up in the content department. Never saw any potential in ToT.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Dose anyone know where to buy the BLOOD MOONFALL talisman? I can't find it.

I know that in the last messa with Nitara there are in fact three shops... you can only teleport to 2 of them.. the 3rd is just next to the boss.... does any other messa have a 3rd shop you can't teleport to?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I got up to season tower lvl 40 but the windbreaker talisman isn't cutting it anymore. I was going to build up a war horn talisman, but I can't figure out how to get what I need to do it. I have the legendary one, but it doesn't let me upgrade it. I hardly ever get talismans as rewards for fights like I did all the time in season 1, and I'm also not getting any upgrade materials from fights outside of the blood that improves success chance. I check the shop regularly but it never has added projectiles, added damage, longer duration, or recharge.

How are you all getting the materials to upgrade war horn talisman?

Edit- Thanks Jynks. I didn't notice that some mesas have multiple shops. I found a couple of the materials I need but not all.

Edit 2- Looks like I can get everything I need between the shops on Sun Do Festival and Rampart.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
Dose anyone know where to buy the BLOOD MOONFALL talisman? I can't find it.

I know that in the last messa with Nitara there are in fact three shops... you can only teleport to 2 of them.. the 3rd is just next to the boss.... does any other messa have a 3rd shop you can't teleport to?
I got up to season tower lvl 40 but the windbreaker talisman isn't cutting it anymore. I was going to build up a war horn talisman, but I can't figure out how to get what I need to do it. I have the legendary one, but it doesn't let me upgrade it. I hardly ever get talismans as rewards for fights like I did all the time in season 1, and I'm also not getting any upgrade materials from fights outside of the blood that improves success chance. I check the shop regularly but it never has added projectiles, added damage, longer duration, or recharge.

How are you all getting the materials to upgrade war horn talisman?

Edit- Thanks Jynks. I didn't notice that some mesas have multiple shops. I found a couple of the materials I need but not all.

Edit 2- Looks like I can get everything I need between the shops on Sun Do Festival and Rampart.
The rampart mesa shop should have all talisman. Rampart was the only map with 3 shops as far as i know.

Only shops for forge items are in Sub Do Mesa and in Rampart mesa (this one you cant teleport to). Stuff restoxks every hour.

Jynks

The Festival and the shop near the Nitara boss on the last level have what you need for a ubr warhorn or windbreaker.

Warhorn needs projectiles and fart needs duration and size. I like to put 10 meat so each activation gives you 100% health. You recharge at the end of every second fight, so technically you only need 4 charges and 4 recharge things.. but I like to have a minimum of 6 or 8.

If you upgrade to legendary you can not do anymore, if you want to use all the slots you need to do it in a minimum of 2 goes.

Fart with Aura Lens and Hourglass

Jynks

The rampart mesa shop should have all talisman
yeah... I just can't find the Blood Moonfall one.... I have the legendary looted version... but can not seem to see it in any of the stores.

Afumba

Noob
yeah... I just can't find the Blood Moonfall one.... I have the legendary looted version... but can not seem to see it in any of the stores.
Thats the meteor one right? It has a different name in the store somehow. Its in the bottom row. Its either the one on the right or in the middle... dont remember exactly.

Jynks

Thats the meteor one right? It has a different name in the store somehow. Its in the bottom row. Its either the one on the right or in the middle... dont remember exactly.
So the meteor one... it has a different name, as you noticed, are you saying it is the same one?

Jynks

My hints for grinding the tower for koin and mastery levels.

Get a powerful damage talisman, WarHorn, Windbreaker, Chainsaw dude or a Meteor. Any of them will do basically the same thing once you forge it.

There seems to be Three Stores that have componants to buy. The Actual Middle messa has some things like +Projectiles. The Festiville has + Damge, +Recharge Speed, +Armor on Activation and. The thrid store is harder to find as you can not teleport to it. You need to walk to the final boss and take a left just before. It has a number of things there like +Gain health, +Time and +Elemental Armour.

Anyway I won;t go into how to buff evey talisman... but basically you need 4+ charges and 4+ Increased Recharge Time. You need +Damage and then either +projectiles or +time on screen...

but here is the trick and the point of the post.

Make sure you put in +Armour on Activation. You can buy these 7 at a time from the Festiville. It means when you press the button it will add armmour... beef this up... I think I put in like 50 or something.... anyway.. now when you activate the talisman at the start of the round your armourd and take no damage at all.. meaning you flawless every single match.

If you have it, also as soon as hey die start spamming the holiday fatality. This fatality is just hold block + UU. It can be done at any range. Far, close or medium distance. Even when the screen is full of things that would normally hit the opponent out of stun and make it so you can not do a fatality, just spam it and it will always go off.

So now as well as a auto win trinket you are assured of flawless and a fatality. This more than doubles the xp earned each fight.

Unless i missed something it does exactly the same thing. 1 meteor falls down + 1 meteor for each projectile listed.
I've built a talisman with it. I think it is a very diffrent effect. The Moonfall one is like a ton of arrows, this one is like gigantic rocks falling down.

My hints for grinding the tower for koin and mastery levels.

Get a powerful damage talisman, WarHorn, Windbreaker, Chainsaw dude or a Meteor. Any of them will do basically the same thing once you forge it.

There seems to be Three Stores that have componants to buy. The Actual Middle messa has some things like +Projectiles. The Festiville has + Damge, +Recharge Speed, +Armor on Activation and. The thrid store is harder to find as you can not teleport to it. You need to walk to the final boss and take a left just before. It has a number of things there like +Gain health, +Time and +Elemental Armour.

Anyway I won;t go into how to buff evey talisman... but basically you need 4+ charges and 4+ Increased Recharge Time. You need +Damage and then either +projectiles or +time on screen...

but here is the trick and the point of the post.

Make sure you put in +Armour on Activation. You can buy these 7 at a time from the Festiville. It means when you press the button it will add armmour... beef this up... I think I put in like 50 or something.... anyway.. now when you activate the talisman at the start of the round your armourd and take no damage at all.. meaning you flawless every single match.

If you have it, also as soon as hey die start spamming the holiday fatality. This fatality is just hold block + UU. It can be done at any range. Far, close or medium distance. Even when the screen is full of things that would normally hit the opponent out of stun and make it so you can not do a fatality, just spam it and it will always go off.

So now as well as a auto win trinket you are assured of flawless and a fatality. This more than doubles the xp earned each fight.

I've built a talisman with it. I think it is a very diffrent effect. The Moonfall one is like a ton of arrows, this one is like gigantic rocks falling down.
Is there a different damage komponent or is it just the dragon medallion? I’ve put like 15 of these on so far and my War Horn seems mad weak. And usually it’ll say +(#) damage in the talisman description but I don’t see any of that when I forge more dragon medallions on. Am I missing something?

Jynks

15 damage tokens is 150 damage. They hadd 10% dmg each. 200-300 is easily enough to clear the tower with 1 activation per round.. but that will depend on the amount of projectiles the war horn has....

unfortunaly as far as I know there is only that one place to buy dmg tokens and you can only buy 3 at a time. Each time you go to a store it has a timer saying when the restock happens... you just have to try and go there when you can. I basically buy 3 when I open the app and 3 when I close the app + a add projectile. So that is 60 damage eveytime I play the game without doing anything. If you really want just use a alarm on your phone to remind you to leave the lab or KL and go buy again.

15 damage tokens is 150 damage. They hadd 10% dmg each. 200-300 is easily enough to clear the tower with 1 activation per round.. but that will depend on the amount of projectiles the war horn has....

unfortunaly as far as I know there is only that one place to buy dmg tokens and you can only buy 3 at a time. Each time you go to a store it has a timer saying when the restock happens... you just have to try and go there when you can. I basically buy 3 when I open the app and 3 when I close the app + a add projectile. So that is 60 damage eveytime I play the game without doing anything. If you really want just use a alarm on your phone to remind you to leave the lab or KL and go buy again.
forgive my ignorance. When you say damage token do you mean dragon medallion in the sun do festival shop?

Jynks

Yes.. Sorry man. My memory is not good enough to remember all those names. You buy them in groups of 3 and they recharge based on the timer shown at the top of the shop screen. I think it's every hour server time or something

Yes.. Sorry man. My memory is not good enough to remember all those names. You buy them in groups of 3 and they recharge based on the timer shown at the top of the shop screen. I think it's every hour server time or something
yup I got it. Problem was I had 5 different “bonuses” or whatever you want to call them on my war horn that weren’t “damage” buffs so forging the dragon medallions wasn’t adding any damage points. Bought a new war horn and only put the extra charge and damage tokens on it and now I can see the increased damage buff.

Jynks

Oh right.. Yeah you can only have 5 at a time.

For the warhorn, imo, you want
  • Damage 200 - 300+
  • Charges 4 or more
  • Fast recharge 5 (1 more that how many extra charges you added)
  • Add armour on activation (lots. You buy 7 at a time so easy to get like 50+. This ensured flawless. Other wise add 10 meat to gain 100% health on activation. I have one like this in case there is a heavy elemental tower and my char is - 100% resistant)
  • Extra Projectiles 10+
Also to get 5 you need to forge at least twice. As the make easy forging item you get in the season tower take a slot in the forging ui.

If you don't have those you can add a lot of stuff and still keep it garrented. Just play with the amounts and what you add.

If you turn it legendary you can no longer forge it

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
What exactly does a talisman's level do?

If I equip loads of upgrades to a level 20 War Horn, is it going to be less effective than a level 30 War Horn?

And relics are broken for me, can't apply them anymore as it says it can't connect to the server every time I try.

Jynks

If I equip loads of upgrades to a level 20 War Horn, is it going to be less effective than a level 30 War Horn?
Not as far as I know. I though their level just went up and they ended up as 30 when legendary.

BTW.. What level is your tower?

Art Lean

Noob
Not as far as I know. I though their level just went up and they ended up as 30 when legendary.

BTW.. What level is your tower?
Currently at 72, just got 5 characters left to level up to 35 now thanks to it (Raiden, Cage, Kenshi, Geras and Rain - all of whom are already in the teens, so should get at least 3 done tonight). Without having a consistent attack talisman at my disposal yet (the Legendary War Horn can only be used every other fight for example and the legendary fart is too unreliable due to its small size, whilst I'm still working on building my own), I've had to play it conservatively to level up some characters, such as using a heal talisman with the time-out victory relic. Sometimes I'd even just replay the first fight twice using the two legendary War Horns I do have at hand to get easy XP, recharge them quickly in the first mesa and repeat. A little slow due to moving around the map, but probably no slower than having to go full 90 second rounds for a time-out win to go up the tower using the heal method against 8000hp enemies, especially as relics are now bugged for me and can't apply any (though the heal talisman by itself is mostly just as effective).

I've been saving up all my damage power-ups to apply to a level 20 War Horn I'd already upgraded slightly, once I can add more projectiles. Got around 500% damage ready to go along with stacks of charges and recharge speeds, but couldn't work out where to get more projectiles until I saw your post, so slowly building those up to add all together because it'll turn legendary once I add the others and don't want to waste any of it.

Last edited:

Jynks

For xp grinders....

The store in the middle message gets different stock each restock time. It's worth checking out as you can get harder to find stuff. Like 2 extra damage tokens, but most importantly... The artifacts change and the +Xp artifact is there now and then. I'm pretty sure it adds xp to the mastery not just to the invasion level.

Art Lean

Noob
Only got Rain to max out now, he's currently on level 20, so will finish him in half an hour tomorrow on 2 runs of the challenge tower.

Haven't even finished building up my custom War Horn yet :confused:

Jynks

yeah.. so what you going to do for the other 4 years of the games life lol.... grinding is such a crazy thing to do.. I just don't get it.