What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So, my talismans from last season all reseted. I dont have the war horn (the one you gained from titan baraka) nor windbreaker anymore. Do the talismans reset every season or is this a bug? I am absolutely sure I did not sell them.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I havn't seen the warhorn but the windbreaker is from one of those klue places in one of the messas, you do not need the final boss key... it can also be bought at the store, but it is the common version and needs forging to be powerful.

I think next time I will start to write things down. People seem to play very diffrent to me. I just 100% the place and end up with eveything.

I would like to be able to buy some of those potions again. The double agility and double attack potions are so awesome.. but I can not seem to find them again.

I'm currently stuck on the Living Forest at 67%. Also, is it just me, or do characters gain EXP more slowly from the fights on them than before?

Art Lean

Noob
Have you noticed a few skins in the Seasonal Store show off gear pieces that aren't actually available yet?

One of Reiko's skins shows off his pompadour hair, whilst one of the Repile skins shows off a new mask.

You don't sadly get them thought when you buy the skins :(

Um... I leveled up Baraka from 0 to 35 in about 2 hours from doing the seasonal towers thing... and got a ton of seasonal koin.. and tons of people are reporting the same, so I am just not sure what you are doing wrong.
what level are you playing the tower on though? I just did it for the first time and barely got any exp or koins. Do I need to get to level 34 to start getting the max stuff?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
what level are you playing the tower on though? I just did it for the first time and barely got any exp or koins. Do I need to get to level 34 to start getting the max stuff?
Yea you gotta be in the 30s. So you have a ways to go. Good news is you get skins as you go up, with the last skin being at 34. Once you’re there, that’s when the exp gets crazy. The higher the tower level, the higher the exp/coins

I’m in the 50s and I’m getting +1000 seasonal coins per floor, without any flawless victories. My Omni man went from 0-4 on the very first floor, and I ended the tower with him being 13

Jynks

Finally worked out all the Klues... it was a little harder this time due to needing to dfo Kameo Brutalities.

I found a site for those that do not like puzzles that has the list if you still need it

Jynks

lol.... after all the people complaining on sky about the final boss and how she is super hard..... as I stacked Blood Resistance, she literally couldn't damage me and triple flawlessed her as well as just afk'n during the "survive" section!

The trick is to buy the +50% Resistance Relic. Then pick a char with natural blood resistance, those people start at 50% or better, then you are 100%.... now you can basically AFK in any survive as you just switch to whatever char you need for a given node, and the final boss is just cake, and no need to burn your potions or infinite talisman, allowing you to walk through the seasonal tower at the centre messa.

Art Lean

Noob
lol.... after all the people complaining on sky about the final boss and how she is super hard..... as I stacked Blood Resistance, she literally couldn't damage me and triple flawlessed her as well as just afk'n during the "survive" section!

The trick is to buy the +50% Resistance Relic. Then pick a char with natural blood resistance, those people start at 50% or better, then you are 100%.... now you can basically AFK in any survive as you just switch to whatever char you need for a given node, and the final boss is just cake, and no need to burn your potions or infinite talisman, allowing you to walk through the seasonal tower at the centre messa.
Nice. I didn't do anything special or use any relics and just boosted my attack stats the most, then put the rest into Defence, Health and Special, and she was still super easy. Considering the AI is routinely terrible as Nitara, pretty much any fight against her is a walk in the park, she just had got some handicap boosters this time around because she desperately needed a helping hand.

The AI can be annoying with Geras, Reiko, Raiden, Shao Kahn and Smoke, but for some reason with Nitara half the time she just stands still or jumps around without even attacking.

Oh and the Talisman for War Horn is beyond OP as all hell. Granted it's only got one charge on it and can't be upgraded (can see why), but its effects last for absolutely ages and will annihilate two lives/rounds out of any enemy in seconds.

Art Lean

Noob
Yea you gotta be in the 30s. So you have a ways to go. Good news is you get skins as you go up, with the last skin being at 34. Once you’re there, that’s when the exp gets crazy. The higher the tower level, the higher the exp/coins

I’m in the 50s and I’m getting +1000 seasonal coins per floor, without any flawless victories. My Omni man went from 0-4 on the very first floor, and I ended the tower with him being 13
Ugh I've got it to tower level 21 so far and am still getting mere pennies and the needle's barely moving on mastery XP, haven't even cracked a quarter of a bar of progress of Sindel's 23rd level in doing it 11 times.

I'm kinda curious how anyone worked out that they needed to just keep grinding this one tower to almost break the game? I would have assumed most people would have one-and-done it, receiving the Sub Zero skin and a few coins for their troubles and thought that was the extent of what it offered?

I dare say I'm not sure what's ultimately more tiresome though, having repeatedly grinded the easy-peasy Triple Threat endurance fight in the first mesa of season 1 for endless flawless victories around 1000 times (each over within seconds), or replaying the same multi-round ten-fight tower 40+ times with a growing array of annoying modifiers.

Maybe they could just give us way more XP and coins for just playing the game normally? :coffee:

Jynks

Nice. I didn't do anything special or use any relics and just boosted my attack stats the most, then put the rest into Defence, Health and Special
My brother came over and I wanted to test the ps5 recoeding function. This is him vs the Season Boss, first time ever picking up the controller

Anyone ever use the record mode in Ps5? It looks terrible!

Oh and the Talisman for War Horn is beyond OP as all hell. Granted it's only got one charge on it and can't be upgraded (can see why), but its effects last for absolutely ages and will annihilate two lives/rounds out of any enemy in seconds.
I still haven't seen the warhorn.... or I accidentally sold it or something and I never got around to fighting the Baraka Titan.

Ugh I've got it to tower level 21 so far and am still getting mere pennies and the needle's barely moving on mastery XP, haven't even cracked a quarter of a bar of progress of Sindel's 23rd level in doing it 11 times.
Um... I duuno what to tell you. I guess it is an attitude thing. I do not consider it "grinding" it is just my preferred way to play running that seasonal tower.

I wouldn't worry about "grinding"... I mean the game is going to be running for at least 4 years, probably 5. You'll unlock everything naturally. If you play a lot of KL you level up super fast as well. Like I have been playing Sub-Zero in combat leauge, and Ashara in Invasion. She is like 32 or something now... and if I do not make 35... I'll make it next season, then switch to another char for invasion, I am not playing in KL. (Waiting for Quan Chi). Pretty sure everything will unlock and not one second spent doing boring repetitive things constantly to "grind" it out. Just play normally and it all unlcoks. Just like in MK11 when people have a fit about the grind and then by year 4 they have 100s and 1000s of currency and nothing to buy... so all that "grind time" was just a waste of time. The unlocks are timed by NRS for the expected game's life. So there is always unlcoks to get.

Last edited:

Plop

Noob
I wouldn't worry about "grinding"... I mean the game is going to be running for at least 4 years, probably 5. You'll unlock everything naturally. If you play a lot of KL you level up super fast as well. Like I have been playing Sub-Zero in combat leauge, and Ashara in Invasion. She is like 32 or something now... and if I do not make 35... I'll make it next season, then switch to another char for invasion, I am not playing in KL. (Waiting for Quan Chi). Pretty sure everything will unlock and not one second spent doing boring repetitive things constantly to "grind" it out. Just play normally and it all unlcoks. Just like in MK11 when people have a fit about the grind and then by year 4 they have 100s and 1000s of currency and nothing to buy... so all that "grind time" was just a waste of time. The unlocks are timed by NRS for the expected game's life. So there is always unlcoks to get.
This is honestly the best way to look at it. I started to do the grind cos I'm one trophy away from the platinum (The max out 5 kameos trophy). I've platinumed every MK game so far, it's always my first goal when a new MK game comes out.

But I sat there the other night and thought "Yeah, then what?". That trophy will pop eventually just from playing the game normally anyway. I don't have to go out of my way or do anything silly to get it. All I gotta do is enjoy the game and one day it'll pop by itself. I'm happy we've got things to work towards along the way while I wait for this trophy to pop.

I'm saying all this, but I guess this is coming from someone who doesn't like any of the unlockable skins. I suppose if there was a Robo-Smoke skin or something to grind towards, something that I desperately want to be using actually IN-GAME ASAP, then I'd have a different attitude about it :laughing:

Did anyone manage to defeat the order of darkness sub zero boss thats a secret fight after nitara final boss? And if yes what were the rewards.

I ran out of time when fighting him,at phase 2,then the victory screen happend and i got a dark syrnge consumable.

Jynks

I do not know about him... I'm just going through 100%'n the messas after defeating her today.

Do you still have the Attack Power Potion? I've been saving all the potions and the attack one, I think, is the most powerful potion.

I do not know about him... I'm just going through 100%'n the messas after defeating her today.

Do you still have the Attack Power Potion? I've been saving all the potions and the attack one, I think, is the most powerful potion.
no i dont have it,i pretty much just went along the main path to complete and lvl as fast as possible so im 30 and ready for a potential pyramid spawn.

not sure what the requierments are for the order of darkness sub zero secret fight,but i know i didnt have a relic equipped and used a green rarity talisman,as well using sub zero myself,didnt use a konsumable also.Had very little time to beat him,dont know if it carries over from the main fight,didnt pay attention.Curiouse if there are any special rewards for actually beating him.

So, my talismans from last season all reseted. I dont have the war horn (the one you gained from titan baraka) nor windbreaker anymore. Do the talismans reset every season or is this a bug? I am absolutely sure I did not sell them.
the warhorn was in my inventory at the start of the season 2 invasion,and it had a lvl 30 requierment to equip.It was the only one that carried over from season 1,i assumed those one chance to get unique ones will carry over.Was it not in your inventory?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I really cannot wrap my mind around ANYONE enjoying this absolutely abysmal mode. I'm sorry, I know this thread isn't for complaints, but I feel like acting like this mode is ok isn't good for future content/game modes.

It's unforgiveable how bad this mode is.

When I first heard about Invasions, I assumed it was going to be a new version of Konquest or something. At the very least, I thought it would be a more expansive Krypt.

I'd legit pay about $40 to just have a Krypt added with all the content in there so I could avoid playing Invasions ever again.

Again, sorry for complaining in the thread full of people who somehow enjoy this mode, but I felt the need to vent.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It's a vast improvement from season 1. But the armor is still stupidly annoying. The mode isn't even hard, its just annoying hearing 50 klangs of hits because Rain wants to put up portals all over and he's armored through all of it for some reason. I did enjoy the survive modes this time around, but turning around is extremely clunky. Its better for sure, but I wish nrs could do difficulty without throwing armor and shenanigans on fights. Best part is I can actually get good exp gain to actually get things in a reasonable amount of time

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I recall that during one kast Derek said that to actually get the seasonal skins you don't need to play invasions and you can get them also by playing online (not sure if he was referring to KL or in general).

Is this really true? I saw in the datamining posts some gear pieces that look quite decent and I wonder if the invasions is the only way to get those or online play will also get me these items?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I recall that during one kast Derek said that to actually get the seasonal skins you don't need to play invasions and you can get them also by playing online (not sure if he was referring to KL or in general).

Is this really true? I saw in the datamining posts some gear pieces that look quite decent and I wonder if the invasions is the only way to get those or online play will also get me these items?
So far, the only season things you get without playing invasions are KL skins/gear and the things you buy with seasonal credits (which you can earn in kombat league and kasuals)

Afumba

Noob
Well for me it is how the time is spent. I could put everything into attack and then spam F1 or J,2,D2 or something, but how boring is that? Why would anyone do it. Instead, I have go into health, defence, agility and attack. I also stack resistance... not each fight is basically a AI training mode. It is a ton of fun and I really enjoy using Shijinko as all the different opponents mean you get to easily test all of the stolen moves. I'm having a blast. I think to those poeple grinding to 35 by upper cutting brutalities for hours and I think... wow that is boring and grindy and lame, but man.. it is not nrs's fault you are playing like that.
Thats the only thing i agree with you... its about how you spend your time. And if the gameplay is lazy and shallow i want to spend as little time as possible with it so i can go put my time into the part of the game thats actually enjoyable.

Look, i am not trying to ruin your fun or anything... so if you enjoy it or how you play it thats fine but there is a big difference in how YOU decide to play the game and how the game plays overall. When i play Mario Kart against a weak AI i can ofc decide to not use any items pe deove backwards to make it more challenging for me but that still means the AI is bad and that the game is badly designed.

Whats the point of creating a game or game mode and the best way to play is to ignore core features? No matter how you slice it... bad game design is still bad game design even if one manages to make it somehow enjoyable for themselves. And to be quiet frank... there isnt much thought put into invasion mode at all. Its all just shallow things that dont even work well together overall packaged into beautiful looking mesas.

So yes it is NRS fault cuz i play the game the way they advertised it with the features they promote everywhere. And seeing as its exactly the same thing as last season, and as boring and senseless, lots of people want to get through asap and be done with it. If anything you are the one making gymnastics in order to justify something you like or want to like. Its fine if you like it and enjoy it, but calling it objectively good or awesome etc is a long shot from the truth.

NRS only objective atm is to get ppl to open the shop page. Thats why seasonal stuff is in there and not ny the shrine section. Everything else beside the main multiplayer gameplay is a shallow excuse... examples are plenty....
  1. Invasion seasons are basically the same... uninspired glorified towers with the same pretty mesas. (Not to mention that several mechanics are even more useless in s2 due to the changes they made)
  2. Omni man has 35 ranks but ony 20 give rewards and has 1 brutality less
  3. Omni man doesnt offer dragon crystals as rewards
  4. Profile level increased to at least 400+ but you dont get any rewards for anythibg past original 100
  5. Shop prices go up in lots of areas
  6. KL is the same old reward structure which is still subpar. At the very least they could reward a palette + matching gear piece per rank and a real reward for top rank.
  7. Towers in middle mesa are still horrible. Rewards are terrible and that you cant see you rewards is horrible as well.
  8. Seasonal tower is a good idea but the rewards are lazy and at best only interesting to like 20% of people. And while the tower idea is fine... the fights are still just generic fights with any combination of 2 modifier. And the Ai is still horrible even at level 50-60 you can just 11 them to death. At level 100 plus its only hard to do cuz hazards might 1 shot you.
  9. Not even gonna go into detail about the lazy tower looks, missing intros and outros from like 11, missing online and practice features etcetc.
The tower will still be the most played NRS side mode just cuz you can max out you entire roster in ~10h with the right setup. Which a huge amount of ppl will do cuz exp ratio is totally whack for sp and online and friendly/VS still dont give any exp.

So please just stop making excuses for bad/mediocre game design and lazyness. NRS should put more effort in their seasonal approach/content as well as fame improvements in general and less into their store.

Oh I haven't noticed that. You could in the last season... Are you sure it is only ones with maxed out extra stats? Either way I have yet to find a place to farm the "make forging more successful) so I have only forged a cheap bought common that had a 100% chance for the 250sKoin in the weekly reward.
That item is only available for completing the seasonal tower (guaranteed each lvl) and maybe random reward for other towers.

And yes i am sure, you cant upgrade legendary talismans, neither the one you find nor the ones you make yourself. I made several legis myself to know.

Afumba

Noob
Just cleared season 2. If you really want to trivialize the final fight, hang onto one of the windbreaker talismans you get. The one I saved was +900% damage. Later on, you will get a 1 time use item that lets you use your talisman as many times as you want during a match. I popped the consumable for Nitara and had her locked into a fart cloud for 3 straight rounds.
Use War Horn talisman. When fight starts activate it and put youe controller away. It kills all three phases without you doing anything.

If you craft yourself one with 2 charges and 1 recharge you can farm her nonstop without doing anything beside activating the talisman. No movement or anything required. It flawless most of the time too.