What's new

Introducing Joker!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So from what I understand, it seems that Joker is still dead, it's just that he fights everyone in their head. I wonder how this is gonna be implemented in the story mode.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
He looks great. Glad I already have a lot of his execution down. Learning those teeth combos were hell on my fingers. I think he's going to be really good in this game.

But... but... *sigh*

I humbly request we all share a moment of silence for the chattering teeth.

Hey there's still a chance for teeth to be there, they didn't show Banes raging charge in his own breakdown stream, but it's still actually there. A lot of the moves seemed like gear in this trailer, so I doubt they'll remove teeth when that was the one thing keeping joker from being utterly garbage in every way.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Richard Epcar's Joker is so goddamn mediocre. He evolved from garbage (MK vs DC) to just kind of OK (Injustice 1/2). Wish I liked him as much as most seem to.

Despite all that, his look, super and winpose/the presentation on him in general is absolutely brilliant.

...But he's not Jason Todd. Guys. Please. I can't believe people ever even say this.

Those scars could also be from Joker torturing him. They mentioned Jason Todd out of nowhere in the intro for a reason. This Joker also reacts very strangely to the very mention of that name. Also, this Joker looks absolutely nothing like the Joker in the first game. He doesn't have the elongated face or anything like that.

I don't know. Just spit-balling here. I could totally be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that this is Joker is actually Jason Todd.
You don't think that joker killing Jason Todd who was a previous robin in one of the most famous comic book stories of all time is a good enough reason for them to mention it when he's fighting the current robin? I mean it could be, but I don't think that intro helps the case at all, it's probably the first thing anyone would think of if they were told joker was fighting robin.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
meh... I guess he looks better than last time.. but that trailer did nothing for me. Doubt I'll ever use him seriously.

Jynks

So from what I understand, it seems that Joker is still dead, it's just that he fights everyone in their head. I wonder how this is gonna be implemented in the story mode.
This Joker is obviously form a different earth. We know this as in one of the other trailer we heard Green Arrow say something like "I came to this reality for this" or something like that.. so they are using that idea to bring Green Arrow back.. my guess thje same will be done for Joker.

I never understood why anyone was expecting Hamill. But, this is what happens when people take everything Boon tweets as a hint.
I'm pretty sure it's because the voice actor for Harley and mark Hamill were confirmed to be working together on something, at least I remember maximillion saying something about that. There's still hope fore it though, I wouldn't put it past NRS to have a classic joker premier skin with new voice work.

Jynks

really excited that Joker is here but man, they baited us so hard with Hamil.
I do not get the Mark Hamil love. I mean, yes, we all loved the original Batman cartoon... but his voice only suits lame kids cartoon versions of Batman, you know the type of Joker that uses boxing glove guns and stuff. I mean lok how bad his voice was a total miss match in the "Killing Joke" film. I just do not think his voice fits the joker when they are trying to be realistic ... it only works in kiddy carton versions.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm pretty sure it's because the voice actor for Harley and mark Hamill were confirmed to be working together on something, at least I remember maximillion saying something about that. There's still hope fore it though, I wouldn't put it past NRS to have a classic joker premier skin with new voice work.
If anyone (especially Max with all of his minions) actually did their research, he would have noticed Tara Strong posted that video back in 2013. Ed just found it and thought it was cool, so he posted it. lol

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
It's not like Max has a history of spreading misinformation.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I do not get the Mark Hamil love. I mean, yes, we all loved the original Batman cartoon... but his voice only suits lame kids cartoon versions of Batman, you know the type of Joker that uses boxing glove guns and stuff. I mean lok how bad his voice was a total miss match in the "Killing Joke" film. I just do not think his voice fits the joker when they are trying to be realistic ... it only works in kiddy carton versions.
So you didn't think it fit the Arkham series Joker?

I'm guessing you didn't play any of the Arkham games, because they are dark as fuck and people get murdered left and right the entire time.

He looks interesting enough, I guess. Better than I was expecting at least, and honestly his stage is fantastic. Super was also a lot more extreme than I thought it would be.

Jynks

So you didn't think it fit the Arkham series Joker?
I never played them. So I do not really know. I do not really like those modern double dragon / fatal fury style 3rd person beat em-up games like Batman or Mordor or w/e. Just do not appeal to me.