What's new

Interactables need to be disabled for tournament play

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
They just need to balance them a bit. Arkham Asylum makes 6-4 match ups turn 8-2 for characters that can't throw shit around.
Still, BGB and corner explosives are the only way GA can get decent damage :(

/thread

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
they dont need to be banned persay but i think having them off at this stage of the games life will change some things up for the positive not just make someone worse like most will believe. the neutral game will be more important and so will defense not attack til i get to the interactable meta most people adopted and wont let go. im up for trying it once and seeing how it is cause most of the community leveled up alot since a year ago so trying it now will show alot of thing we may not know about some characters

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Im having so much fun reading some of these responses lol keep going guys!! im not gonna say my opinion on this i just wanna keep laughing. oh and PL relax hopefully mk is announced at e3 and you wont have to get hit by super smash brothers items anymore.
Technically even if it is announce he still has to wait one more year

RIF

Noob
Allow us to look at this objectively.

Which characters are impacted negatively by interactables? (In terms of offense)

- MMH
- Zod
- Batman (Arguable. He can avoid most interatables used against him with his double-jump and can use bombs to setup resets on various stages)
- Batgirl (See Batman)
- Sinestro (Though not nearly as much as Zod and MMH)

Keep in mind that the various interactables characters use to close distance or escape from corner situations. This would impact characters on stages like Atlantis and Wayne manor. Power characters cannot use these get out of jail cards. Gadget and Acrobatic characters cannot throw most interactables. Fair trade, IMHO.

Which characters would take positive steps forward without interactables? These would be any power characters without solid ways to leverage them in a match.

- Grundy
- GL
- Hawkgirl
- Bane (sigh)
- Nearly ALL of the acrobatic and gadget characters

What are the primary complaints regarding this game?

- Random
- Too much damage

Interactables contribute to both of these. They also set up some very ambiguous cross-up & 50/50 situations in various stages.

BGB only contribute to the high damage levels. Taking them out helps keep the damage in check for most characters. It does, however, take away various setups for characters. (Lex, Joker)

Which characters are negatively impacted the most by removing a BGB?

- Joker
- Doomsday (Arguable. He's not a high damage character, and BGB would reduce some of his opportunities to deal solid damage)

This would probably make Aquaman and Bane two of everyone's favorite characters more dominant. I do not believe it would impact MMH, but it would ABSOLUTELY impact Zod. KF would get a huge benefit as would most acrobatic characters.

If interactables are gone, is the overall effect positive? BGBs?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Interactables are part of the game. If you think one of the main reasons you lose to someone is because of interactables, go back to mk9 or wait till mk10 comes out and stop playing a game that 1/2 the people who play it complain about it. I play this game because I love it and it's broken-ass shenanigans, regardless if said shenanigans work in my favor or not.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Allow us to look at this objectively.

Which characters are impacted negatively by interactables? (In terms of offense)

- MMH
- Zod

Keep in mind that the various interactables characters use to close distance or escape from corner situations. This would impact characters on stages like Atlantis and Wayne manor. Power characters cannot use these get out of jail cards. Gadget and Acrobatic characters cannot throw most interactables. Fair trade, IMHO.

What are the primary complaints regarding this game?

- Random
- Too much damage

Interactables contribute to both of these. They also set up some very ambiguous cross-up & 50/50 situations in various stages.

BGB only contribute to the high damage levels. Taking them out helps keep the damage in check for most characters. It does, however, take away various setups for characters. (Lex, Joker)

Which characters are negatively impacted the most by removing a BGB?

- Joker

Which characters would take positive steps forward without interactables? These would be any power characters without solid ways to leverage them in a match. (Grundy, Green Lantern, etc)

This would probably make Aquaman and Bane two of everyone's favorite characters more dominant. I do not believe it would impact MMH, but it would ABSOLUTELY impact Zod.

Thoughts?
Characters that are impacted negatively by throwing interactable removal;

MMH
ZOD
BG
BM
Sinestro
SM
Bane

Characters affected negatively by BGB removal;
AM
Ares
Bane
BG
CW
DS
DD
Flash
Joker
Lex Luthor
Lobo
NW
SG
Zatanna

Characters affected by bomb interact removal;
BG
CW
NW
BM
DS
GA
HQ

Characters affected by other interact removals (e.g. FoS laser, HoJ roomba, grab interacts)
BG
BM
GA
BA
MMH
SM
Raven
Flash
Zatanna
KF
DS
Shazam

I think you need to re-evaluate how certain characters use interactables.

RIF

Noob
Characters that are impacted negatively by throwing interactable removal;

MMH
ZOD
BG
BM
Sinestro
SM
Bane

Characters affected negatively by BGB removal;
AM
Ares
Bane
BG
CW
DS
DD
Flash
Joker
Lex Luthor
Lobo
NW
SG
Zatanna

Characters affected by bomb interact removal;
BG
CW
NW
BM
DS
GA
HQ

Characters affected by other interact removals (e.g. FoS laser, HoJ roomba, grab interacts)
BG
BM
GA
BA
MMH
SM
Raven
Flash
Zatanna
KF
DS
Shazam

I think you need to re-evaluate how certain characters use interactables.
All your list does is claim that everyone is negatively impacted. I updated my post a bit. NOT every character is impacted in the same manner.

Take Green Arrow. If he loses BGB, he loses damage, yes, but not having to deal with interactables may balance it out. Is the loss of a BGB worth losing the threat of dealing with interactables? Yes, he has setups and can use the roomba and similar devices on various stages, but is he overall positive, negative, or neutral?

Everyone is impacted, but which characters TRULY lose out? THIS is the question.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
All your list does is claim that everyone is negatively impacted. I updated my post a bit. NOT every character is impacted in the same manner.

Take Green Arrow. If he loses BGB, he loses damage, yes, but not having to deal with interactables may balance it out. Is the loss of a BGB worth losing the threat of dealing with interactables? Yes, he has setups and can use the roomba and similar devices on various stages, but is he overall positive, negative, or neutral?

Everyone is impacted, but which characters TRULY lose out? THIS is the question.
I didn't list every character;
HG
BA
GL
Cyborg
WW
Scorpion

were not mentioned and will undoubtedly be buffed from the removal of interactables.

What you posted originally was not "what is the net effect" but rather, "these characters are the one's that are impacted by such and such removal".

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I personally feel it adds extra depth to the spacing game that I've come to really like. However, if I were going to entertain the idea I think maybe a "one and done" approach may work. Does anyone really wanna be chasing down mmh or zod on the right side of watchtower? The left side of Arkham? Rooftop? If this rule was to be implemented we would have to reconsider the approach to the double random rule

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I've been toying with the idea of running a interactable less tourney for awhile now.

Especially considering the community made nrs add the ability to disable them for tournament play originally but then players just want their free damage

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I think interactables are fine. They add a layer to the game that adds interactable footsies :p.

I've seen people camp the drones on watch tower or rooftop like the drones was the tower/turret in league of legends lol.

Honestly, I would only go as far as to allow a stage ban on double random (ban a stage for each player before the double random takes place) lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
There isn't much else to say.

Characters (Martian Man Hunter) should only be getting 20% when they hit you but because of unscaled interactable damage they get 40% whenever they touch you.

This game would become much more fairer and less reliant on gimmicks such as

"Let me sit in the corner and use turbine/rockets/air robots" and easily zone you out with unblockables"

This game can be hype without the need for gimmicks. Interactables make chars who are already good a bit too good. Imagine if Zod didn't have unblockable interactables to toss at you while you are sitting there like a duck blocking swipes from his trait? Like come on son. The dumpster in the corner with Batman is about the silliest thing I have ever used or seen in a fighting game as well.

Martian getting OTG's after an interactable like come on.

Lets all make the right decision as a community this time and have them disabled at future tournaments.
Don't forget about Supes Carl, he can TOD with 1 bar and interactables. ;)

Interactables have little to do with leveling up this stage of the game. At the beginning for sure, but now people know all of them what they can do etc. Which raises the problem, interactables cause certain stages to be stronger and weaker for certain characters which is laughably ridiculous. You guys have a fair way for picking stages, but it's fairness just means you either get lucky or you don't which is pretty stupid. It's basically roof top day kabal all over again.

Ultimately it comes down to what you guys want to play. I'd say try a few locals without them on and see how they play out. What you don't want to do is just trash the idea of playing without them because you're afraid of change.