What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

Well you could just do

3~MC MBu, B1~trait, flying 2 MC for 39%. It's just as easy.
Or you could end it with B1, WE3 (whiff), F13, MC for 39%
Or you could end it with B1, WE3 (whiff), 32, MC for 40%

regulas

Your Emporer
Well you could just do

3~MC MBu, B1~trait, flying 2 MC for 39%. It's just as easy.
Or you could end it with B1, WE3 (whiff), F13, MC for 39%
Or you could end it with B1, WE3 (whiff), 32, MC for 40%

I'm more interested in knowing how you are supposed to land B3. Too soon and she just walks backward instead of firing it off, and any other timing it never hits. I have tried against various character sizes/hitbox's, and the only time the B3 ever connects is when they stand up but that's not part of the same combo.

I'm firing mace toss forward, with up shoulder.

regulas

Your Emporer
Just takes lots of time. I get it damn consistent now after a little time doing just that over and over.

As I suspected as soon as I start to complain I magically start getting the timing, honestly though if I hadn't gotten it one time early on I would have started to believe it was mechanically impossible, must of tried like 100 times and gotten it once previously, and now I can go around 1/5 but in a way I know I can improve.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
As I suspected as soon as I start to complain I magically start getting the timing, honestly though if I hadn't gotten it one time early on I would have started to believe it was mechanically impossible, must of tried like 100 times and gotten it once previously, and now I can go around 1/5 but in a way I know I can improve.
I have the same issue...I HATE her B3

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
HG's and Lobo's are both stupidly slow and have no range.. its sad too coz they both need it in combos that are annoyingly tight

luis

WLK_FENIX

hi guys!!

i find this about Hawkgirl, may be you known this

Combo 23 mace toss R2+UP, b3

vs big hitbox, both character most be in the same flip stance and can do the combo, if the flip stance is different you cant connect B3

vs normal and small hitbox, both character most be in different flip stance and can do the combo... if flip stance is the same, no connect the mace toss r2+up

sorry my inglish, i speak spanish

By WLK_Fenix, from Chile

Jon Berg

Noob
Yet another reason to not even mess around with 32 mt up. If you do just 3~mt up you get the same damage anyway and stance doesnt matter at all vs. any hitbox.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
thats why I aint touching the up shoulder combos lool. I hear different inputs from everyone, I only use one and its in the corner that goes into like 57%

regulas

Your Emporer
thats why I aint touching the up shoulder combos lool. I hear different inputs from everyone, I only use one and its in the corner that goes into like 57%

I find Catwomen is generally ok it's only Batgirl out of the whole cast. And don't get me wrong they are a pain to learn properly and heck even to use but it's the only possible way to do solid combo damage outside of the corner, which can make for a huge difference and eliminate one of her bigger problems.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
30% or so with either corner carry or fullscreen knockback is more than enough for me personally, I've tried the up shoulder midscreen combos too many times and shit aint consistent at all. hell if you hit it around the max range of the 3 either the up shoulder will whiff, or the 32 will whiff, and if you're lucky enough to get it the b3 whiffs =__=
I've dropped so much potential damage from trying that combo man lol. If you can do it then more power to you, but that shit isnt reliable imo and I'll take my consistent 35% over a dropped 45% that i'll actually get like 20% out of and waste a bar >__>

regulas

Your Emporer
30% or so with either corner carry or fullscreen knockback is more than enough for me personally, I've tried the up shoulder midscreen combos too many times and shit aint consistent at all. hell if you hit it around the max range of the 3 either the up shoulder will whiff, or the 32 will whiff, and if you're lucky enough to get it the b3 whiffs =__=
I've dropped some much potential damage from trying that combo man lol. If you can do it more power to you, but that shit isnt reliable imo and I'll take my consistent 35% over a dropped 45% that i'll actually get like 20% out of and waste a bar >__>

I understand that it's not something that will ever be easy to implement, and I agree with your logic, up till recently I have myself almost entirely avoided anything other then basic combos simply because it's more consistent. That being said I've started looking for more extreme ways to boost my damage output which will take a long time to master but will eventually make a difference. From what I'm seeing up till now:

Following a blocked WE3 tends to be the best time, it usually will place you right beside them so you won't wiff and cross' up at the same time. In general it's something I would use in set situations rather then being a main combo per se.

The only big timing problem is the B3, it takes ALOT of practise to master but eventually (and I mean after practising hundreds of times) it starts to become consistent. It is handy to learn though as there are lots of cases where you can use B3 like that even on other characters where you otherwise could not get a combo.

That being said my main concern is being close enough, with practise however it is possible to land the combo itself so long as you arn't too far.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Mostly, there are maybe slight variations here and there but in general the highest damage versions of most combo's she can do are on there.
Thanks very much.

Edit: Started practicing with HG 27 minutes ago.
So far everything is easy other than 123 j.2 4 1 mc.
I do the 241 as fast as possible but it's inconsistent as hell. Getting it 2/10 times.
123 b3 I'm getting 4/10 times. I can see it becoming relatively simple after a while. Not a just frame by any means.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Thanks very much.

I do the 241 as fast as possible but it's inconsistent as hell. Getting it 2/10 times.
123 b3 I'm getting 4/10 times. I can see it becoming relatively simple after a while. Not a just frame by any means.
Yeah..its kind of like one big smooth motion...hard to explain. It'll become second nature before you know it ;)

TimTim

Don't Hate
Yeah..its kind of like one big smooth motion...hard to explain. It'll become second nature before you know it ;)
Damn lol also having trouble with 3 mb toss upshoulder.
From my understanding I do up after db1 mb but it wiffs :(
Also her float into normals is a pain but Ill figure it out.
She's pretty fun.
Btw Runaway you're the reason I'm playing HG so keep up the good work.

regulas

Your Emporer
Thanks very much.

As an extra bit of advice focus on the Corner combo's first, her mid combo's are either low damage or not very practical whereas her combo corners are fairly consistent and take no meter.

EDIT: Here 40-50% mid combo's (with upshoulder into B3) are her hardest to do by a long shot, and start from a mid so are hard to ge in real combat without proper set-up

TimTim

Don't Hate
As an extra bit of advice focus on the Corner combo's first, her mid combo's are either low damage or not very practical whereas her combo corners are fairly consistent and take no meter.

EDIT: Here 40-50% mid combo's (with upshoulder into B3) are her hardest to do by a long shot, and start from a mid so are hard to ge in real combat without proper set-up
Thank god I thought it was just me but like how do you even do the upshoulder if the mace toss wiffs do I have to throw it neutral and then hold uf once the mace hits?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
you toss a straight mace and when its hitting the opponent (relatively small window) hold u+MB to get the upshoulder instead of the straight one. It should combo and pop them up for a juggle.

I personally never use the upshoulder nonsense midscreen (and very rarely in the corner) coz 1) its not really hit confirmable, unless its a punish you'll be risking wasting a bar 2) the MT whiffs on some crouching characters which will force you to burn the bar to get the shoulder and stay safe 3) you need to be tongue in mouth close for the 3 or 32 before the MB mace toss to not whiff..

its like 10%+ damage difference though so you can say its worth it.. if you can get it consistently it'll be helpful in matches that get close.