What's new

Instant Pause Rematching ON STREAM

E

Eldriken

I wouldn't say it's a tantrum. Not all the time anyway. Some people don't want to lose their momentum waiting for a Fatality to finish. Even if they lost, it could have been a super close match and they want to get right into the next one.

However, if it's the deciding match and someone does a Fatality, they should have to let it rock. No unplugging controllers or anything that causes an interruption.

I wouldn't say it's a tantrum. Not all the time anyway. Some people don't want to lose their momentum.
Fair enough. So, the fix: A "tournament" option that skips intro dialogues, any post-round 'score' calculations and Fatality windows / character "dazed" states; leaving only the Krushing / Fatal Blow cinematics and Brutality finishers.

Of course, one could got even further, by giving "proe$" only one "e-sports" stage to fight on ("Training" stage seems to be popular with this 'iCrowd'... or some dedicated, Crapcom style "ad" arena), a single character aesthetic (they cannot use custom "Variations" or "Augments" anyway) and limit all bells and whistles to the absolute minimum required for them to ply their spammy trade... Or, to cut through the treacle, just hand the Mortal Kombat license to EA! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Of course, this raises the question: At what point does one start treading on what essence of the game is, for the sake of pandering to A.D.D. addled gamers / crowds; and when does such 'streamlining' go from being a 'Boon', to a 'Bane'?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I wouldn't say it's a tantrum. Not all the time anyway. Some people don't want to lose their momentum waiting for a Fatality to finish. Even if they lost, it could have been a super close match and they want to get right into the next one.

However, if it's the deciding match and someone does a Fatality, they should have to let it rock. No unplugging controllers or anything that causes an interruption.
Doing an ‘ality is a big part of MK. And as I said, it has a psychological effect on your opponent. This is coming from someone who has sat through the old school fatalities over 100,000 times or so. Yes it gets boring, but the point is to annoy you. Otherwise why would you even do the same fatality everyone has seen a million times? So I feel the winner should have the option instead of the loser to pause instant rematch. I know both technically have the option available, but I’m talking tournament rules wise and at least tournament matches that are streamed. Again, the stream is my main focus and point here.

Also, if there’s friendships or babalities, denying the opponent the opportunity to perform them is messed up. Just nut up and take it.