What's new

Injustice - Videos / Thoughts from WonderCon

Any character in MK9 with an overhead would be broken as shit if d1 could be true combo'd into....Take Smoke for example... Block low you could eat a B2 for your entire life bar (pending he hits reset), or if D1~Smokebomb was a true combo, you would be fucked if you block high too.... that shit would be STUPID
I don't think D1 is a low though?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Any character in MK9 with an overhead would be broken as shit if d1 could be true combo'd into....Take Smoke for example... Block low you could eat a B2 for your entire life bar (pending he hits reset), or if D1~Smokebomb was a true combo, you would be fucked if you block high too.... that shit would be STUPID
waaa

this isn't MK9 though, d1 isn't a low,

Although it's based on just some tine with the game, it's nice to see players talk about how really different it is to MK9. Thanks for your thoughts and insights. GL is one the many that I'm interested in and I'm glad he sounds balanced.

Nightwing does look good based on what I've seen and I love characters that have stance changes.

Aquaman really looks impressive.

I guess I'm tired of seeing Deathstroke domination. I'm not interested in him for some reason.

Harley her design really looks fun but I can see your point.

Catwoman reminds me of the pressure X23 can do.

Grundy Eh not big on grapplers and brawlers but I will still try him out.

Black Adam I will try him out but I can see lots of players gravitating towards him because of the foor-dive. He does look pretty strong.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I was commenting on his part about how D1 into combo would make reptile better in MK9....
reptile's D1 is pretty bad though. His Elbow Dash isn't a true overhead so it's not like he'd do any real damage unless it cancelled into force ball. i don't see the point here. smoke really wouldn't do much else either, other than if D1 on HIT cancelled into smoke bomb which is just... migraine-inducing to imagine.

also no, Noob wouldn't be broken if D1~Tackle linked, so any character would not be broken. :p

High

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The real question is after playing it is...

Does it play enough like Marvel that their user base might actually play this game? Or is there not enough goofy/flashy/chaotic shit going on all at once?

LMAO!! Balanced.... he his hands down the cheapest character in the game, I would say a good candidate for #1-S tier
Well I guess I was mentioning as far as mix of the tools you mentioned he has And you just summed up everything about the game pre-release. Candidates..... purely speculation. Obviously you have more time playing the game than I I do but appreciate whoever uploaded the vids.

Demo tomorrow.

trufenix

bye felicia
The real question is after playing it is...

Does it play enough like Marvel that their user base might actually play this game? Or is there not enough goofy/flashy/chaotic shit going on all at once?
without assists, super moves, and grimy teleport shenanigans there's no way to match the insanity of MvC3. If Injustice has a playstyle kindred spirit it is most certainly darkstalkers

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
without assists, super moves, and grimy teleport shenanigans there's no way to match the insanity of MvC3. If Injustice has a playstyle kindred spirit it is most certainly darkstalkers
I see it as Marvel Kombat : DC Edition. It's like no game I've ever played. It has the Mk engine, but it feels like a mix if a lot if other games. But marvel more than any of them

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
EGP Wonder_Chef

good stuff man

I agree with 3/5 for Tourney especially since there isnt Rounds anymore and like you said matches move a little quicker...

Also Im curious how we handle damage %'s ... Meaning a 50% combo can mean the whole silver bar of health since you then get a new red bar or do we just treat the %'s for 1 health bar? So what I mean is does a 50% combo mean half of 1 of your health bars or is it one hole bar which does actually represent 50% of your entire life for the fight? lol... Confusing I know lol

LEGEND

YES!
EGP Wonder_Chef

Also Im curious how we handle damage %'s ... Meaning a 50% combo can mean the whole silver bar of health since you then get a new red bar or do we just treat the %'s for 1 health bar? So what I mean is does a 50% combo mean half of 1 of your health bars or is it one hole bar which does actually represent 50% of your entire life for the fight? lol... Confusing I know lol
the Damage percentage is for each Bar. 50% damage will take away half of a bar

VOR

Noob
Great vids! I was hoping to see some Sinestro, but this is all really good info. Black Adam seems pretty intriguing, although his divekick definitely does not look safe. In one of the vids, I thought I saw Aquaman punish it without too much difficulty. Looks like it around -15 or so. Catwoman's jumping 3 sounds really fucked up. Sounds like zoners are good. Armor getting beat by multiple hits sounds like a good idea.