What's new

Injustice Speculation: Collector's Edition Hints at Robin, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If you didn't know already, today the Injustice - Gods Among Us Collector's Editions were revealed which include many things that can be seen by going to this link. After some quick analyzing of the contents of the Collector's Edition you will notice that there are logos of "Robin, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern" on the brand new DC Comic issues displayed. Now, does this really mean anything for Injustice? Who knows... I suppose we'll find out soon whether this means anything or not but in case you didn't notice before and you wanted these characters to be in... maybe you got your wish!
rumor1.jpg

Symbols Above include..
Left Column:
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern
Right Column:
  • Superman
  • Robin
  • Martian Manhunter
dcbox.jpg

Attachments

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
If Robin is in, I'm totally gonna pick him up.

Give Batman a beating with his partner and his lover. (I don't know if Catwoman was his lover actually)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If Robin is in, I'm totally gonna pick him up.

Give Batman a beating with his partner and his lover. (I don't know if Catwoman was his lover actually)
haha isn't it so crazy that every character shown so far pretty much looks awesome. I think I am going to have multiple main disorder...

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I would like to see Atrocitus from the Red Lanterns but I guess Green Lantern would be cool too. Roblin is an awsome choice depending on which they go with me I would prefer the Tim Drake Robin over Jason I would rather him be in the game as the Red Hood.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
If GL is in we NEED Sinestro! Also Martian Manhunter would be sweet. Also I hope its the female Robin and not Tim Drake.
We don't need 2 hard light guys that do the same thing. Go with Red for an aggresive character or Orange for some crazy Noob style character that uses constructs to do his moves.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
haha isn't it so crazy that every character shown so far pretty much looks awesome. I think I am going to have multiple main disorder...
Yea, everyone looks soooooo good. I hope the gameplay doesn't disappoint.

Makes me wish I was on here post-MK9, see what everyone was hyped for and what-not.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
We already have Nightwing. Robin's probably not going to happen. The comics might have nothing to do with who's in the game, too.

But I also second Atrocitus being in.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
We already have Nightwing. Robin's probably not going to happen. The comics might have nothing to do with who's in the game, too.

what if they make the Robin character be Damien Al'Ghul and make him a kid like he is so he would be a really short fast character?

Reedoms

Noob
what if they make the Robin character be Damien Al'Ghul and make him a kid like he is so he would be a really short fast character?
News would probably have a field day.

"Mortal Kombat creators put 10 year old child in fighting game"

Also, pretty much would be a wasted slot.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

ya I def prefer Nightwing if we are only getting one version, but I would still be fine with his addition.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Yes, but Kick-Ass isn't a title that has had steady releases for the past 20 years being as gory as possible.
You do realize Robin was beat to death with a crowbar in the comics not to mention Joker shot Barbera Gordon in the back and raped her while taping it and making her dad watch at the same time. I won't even touch on Dr. Light who went crazy and started raping super heroes friends and family. Trust me MK has nothing on DC in the violence and gore department

To the guy saying Sinestro and Green Lantern were the same...

No. No no no no no no no no no no. NO

I've explained this many times: IT'S HOW THEY USE THEIR SIMILAR POWERS DIFFERENTLY

Sinestro would probably summon up snakes, or tidal waves, or spiders or other scary things to induce fear into their opponents, whereas Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) goes over-the-top and direct with Mini-Guns, Trains, Turrets, Firetrucks, just big and bold hard-hitting objects.

There will be at least one other hard light construct user other than Green Lantern. Atroctitus would use his fists more than his ring but construct-wise, he'd probably end up making energy claws, whips, fire and maybe dogs to tear his opponent apart. Saint Walker would use eagles, crosses, waves of energy. Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) would use balls of energy, crystals, tentacles. Larfleeze would use random constructs of people from the DC universe to his advantage. Indigo-1 would use shielding moves and counters and probably laser beams.

Its all about how the moves are used, not the actual powers themselves.

Reedoms

Noob
You do realize Robin was beat to death with a crowbar in the comics not to mention Joker shot Barbera Gordon in the back and raped her while taping it and making her dad watch at the same time. I won't even touch on Dr. Light who went crazy and started raping super heroes friends and family. Trust me MK has nothing on DC in the violence and gore department
What do you think people buy more often? Video Games or Comics?
Video games are way more widespread than comics in this day and age and have been for a while. Everyone and their parents knows what MK is and the controversy that it had back in it's beginnings, but I guarantee you that barely 1 in 10 people will know there was even more than 1 Robin let alone all the other crazy shit that has happened in past comics.

I could honestly see Dr. Light in this game because of his gritty story. A doctor driven insane by the impossibility of understanding the fundamental force of light rapes his family and friends. I could see him with berserk style of moves, while crazily throwing around lazer beams.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It doesn't matter what happens in comics, none of that would cause controversy because no one buys comics anymore lol.

Plus video games are controversy bait, other mediums can get away with a lot worse, but the second mass effect has like the most tame sex scene possible, people whine on fox news.

Reedoms

Noob
I could honestly see Dr. Light in this game because of his gritty story. A doctor driven insane by the impossibility of understanding the fundamental force of light rapes his family and friends. I could see him with berserk style of moves, while crazily throwing around lazer beams.
I seriously hate Identity Crisis for turning Dr. Light from a buffoon who killed his friend to get a power suit into a rapist who murders kids. That shit was so pants on head retarded.

I seriously hate Identity Crisis for turning Dr. Light from a buffoon who killed his friend to get a power suit into a rapist who murders kids. That shit was so pants on head retarded.
Are you kidding? Fratricide is pretty insane as it is. You say he would never go even further into madness and rapes and murders children. That's exactly what methodically studying something as incomprehensible as light will do to a person.