What's new

Injustice PreRegs for SCR Are Only Half Full

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Remember it's still a MONTH away and we already almost have 50 pre regs.

Most tournaments are just opening their registration a month ahead of time!
Do you have any updated numbers I can post? Because in Valle's last update, it was Blazblue that was close to 50 and we were at 40.

Normal registration is over in two weeks. I don't know if late reg counts toward breaking the cap, but it seems like the sooner the better.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Remember it's still a MONTH away and we already almost have 50 pre regs.

Most tournaments are just opening their registration a month ahead of time!

This kind of attitude is the reason people wait to the last minute, or don't pre reg at all. "Oh it's a month away. Oh it's a week away. Wait, I can't pre reg anymore?" $35 prereg ends on the 16th, then it's $45 from the 17th until the 23rd, so no, we don't have a month to address this issue.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This kind of attitude is the reason people wait to the last minute, or don't pre reg at all. "Oh it's a month away. Oh it's a week away. Wait, I can't pre reg anymore?" $35 prereg ends on the 16th, then it's $45 from the 17th until the 23rd, so no, we don't have a month to address this issue.
Dude, you are WAY overreacting.

Tournaments typically get most of their entrants within the last like two weeks + at the door.

I'm telling you, take ANY East Coast major and check the amount of Pre reg's a month before, you will find that it is SUPER low.

Almost 50 a month ahead is a really good number for us. We could EASILY go way past the cap at this rate.
Do you have any updated numbers I can post? Because in Valle's last update, it was Blazblue that was close to 50 and we were at 40.

Normal registration is over in two weeks. I don't know if late reg counts toward breaking the cap, but it seems like the sooner the better.
We were at 41 at that last update and I know of at least 4 people who registered since then (myself included!) so I'm assuming it's almost 50 or maybe above 50 now.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Dude, you are WAY overreacting.

Tournaments typically get most of their entrants within the last like two weeks + at the door.

I'm telling you, take ANY East Coast major and check the amount of Pre reg's a month before, you will find that it is SUPER low.

Almost 50 a month ahead is a really good number for us. We could EASILY go way past the cap at this rate.

We were at 41 at that last update and I know of at least 4 people who registered since then (myself included!) so I'm assuming it's almost 50 or maybe above 50 now.
That's fine. If you get sub 80, I don't want to see anything from you about this being bigger than NEC.

EGP Wonder_Chef

That's fine. If you get sub 80, I don't want to see anything from you about this being bigger than NEC.
You and Crimson aren't doing anyone a favor by acting like there is a problem when there isn't.

We have a great scene that has promoted our tournament well and the numbers are looking great.

If you think the East Coast is so much better at this than the West Coast, where is the hype for Winter Brawl which is happening one week before SCR? What are the pre reg numbers? Who is even talking about it???

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You and Crimson aren't doing anyone a favor by acting like there is a problem when there isn't.

We have a great scene that has promoted our tournament well and the numbers are looking great.

If you think the East Coast is so much better at this than the West Coast, where is the hype for Winter Brawl which is happening one week before SCR? What are the pre reg numbers? Who is even talking about it???

41 is not great, quit deluding yourself. I'm talking about NEC specifically. Do you have an obsession with making everything a coastal war? There is no cap for WinterBrawl. More regions have shown interest in SCR, expressed concern with the 64 man cap, and would like proper accommodations. Valle has done his part, now it's the community's turn. We wouldn't be making such a big deal about this if it weren't for the initial backlash. If people complain about the end result, it's their own fault.

Yeah, I didn't even know Winter Brawl (correction CEO winterfest) was today but I've debating going to SCR for awhile now. I think the main reason this is even a big deal is the community felt that the 64 man req was an insult.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah, I didn't even know Winter Brawl was today but I've debating going to SCR for awhile now. I think the main reason this is even a big deal is the community felt that the 64 man req was an insult.
CEO Winterfest is today in Orlando; it's a Florida specific regional. Winterbrawl is on the 23rd in Philadelphia.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

I just asked if you had updated numbers -- like I said, there are 2 weeks left of standard reg and there's a cap, so I'm doing what I can to help promote SCR in the meantime.

Also I don't think I ever wrote that a region was the golden child here.. Atlanta considers themselves the South, but you don't see Pig of the Hut complaining that FR is a month and a half away; he's promoting and generating hype already. GGA will do the same thing for UFGT.

If it was announced that WB had a cap or needed help to get Sat. pools I'd probably be promoting the heck out of it too right now -- because I think it's important in situations like that that the community make a statement.

In any case, it shouldn't be a crime to ask for updated numbers.

CEO Winterfest is today in Orlando; it's a Florida specific regional. Winterbrawl is on the 23rd in Philadelphia.
Sorry got my names mixed up. My point still stands though I've been looking forward to SCR for awhile and Winterfest completely surprised me and all I do is lurk the FGC...

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Sorry got my names mixed up. My point still stands though I've been looking forward to SCR for awhile and Winterfest completely surprised me and all I do is lurk the FGC...
But yeah, you get the point. No one is putting excessive pressure on SCR because it's on the West Coast, but because there is a cap and we want to make sure we meet the requirements to get sufficient setups and space.

Cash

Noob
Valle had informed us that injustice is currently at 51 to BB 53! So we are doing a great job but not quite at the 64 man mark needed to get more! Please guys if you haven't pre regd please do so! I'm talking to everyone including so cal! If you plan to compete take a couple of minutes out of your day to register! Valle has accommodated us in every way possible show him that his efforts were worth it!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Valle had informed us that injustice is currently at 51 to BB 53! So we are doing a great job but not quite at the 64 man mark needed to get more! Please guys if you haven't pre regd please do so! I'm talking to everyone including so cal! If you plan to compete take a couple of minutes out of your day to register! Valle has accommodated us in every way possible show him that his efforts were worth it!
Used today's WNF's money to register today... So good news and bad news I guess.

PS: Do 11, then :qtr3~MB Tele for a frame trap! Or 11, then 2:u3. The 2 wiffs but if they poke early they'll get kaught by the 2 and kombo'd. If they respect that, 50/50 them or do 11 again to put them back in that situation..

EGP Wonder_Chef

Nice! I was pretty much dead on with my guess of our numbers so far!

Cash

Noob
@Red Reaper haha awesome! I'll try it when I get home. I've been trying new stuff with him! I feel like my scorpion is becoming more solid!

@EGP Wonder_Chef yeah the numbers are good we need to get to the cap already though! The tournament is On a Saturday now so no one should have any excuses not to attend the event!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Red Reaper haha awesome! I'll try it when I get home. I've been trying new stuff with him! I feel like my scorpion is becoming more solid!

@EGP Wonder_Chef yeah the numbers are good we need to get to the cap already though! The tournament is On a Saturday now so no one should have any excuses not to attend the event!
That's good to hear.. Also use this: :qtr1 on hit allows you to instant overhead with Neutral Jump 1 or 3 into MB Tele.. It's a pretty good mix up to katch people off guard that I thought off but it's kinda hard to hit konfirm.. Though you probably don't need to hit konfirm it since it gives you that jump wiff normal into tele gimmick if you use J3.