What's new

Injustice Post Evo Question: Numbers after Evo

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Superman may not be OP. He might just be so easy to use that it appears that way with how young the game is. The game IS young.
OP doesn't mean good but easy to use OP stands for overpowered. Superman has too many really good tools compared to the rest of the cast. Like when something's already a good character, and they throw some unnecessary bullshit on him too, that's what makes you OP. Like his trait. He gets like 70% damage with trait on, but that's not enough so they make it armor breaking.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Superman is obviously really good, however the game is in its infancy. Superman is really easy to pick up and win with because he requires little execution or practice. So if you're a good fighting game player, you'll be able to do really well with him especially this early in the games life. Because you don't have to train for hours learning match-ups or other intricacies, you just use your experience and fundamentals (yeah I said fundamentals) and you'll be successful. That does speak to how good Superman is, but it also speaks to the fact that this game is just a few months old. If this game came out a year ago, then I might be worried that a week 1 character got top 8 at EVO.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How about we do something productive and discuss what could change about Superman, since its such an issue?
Or we can keep bickering endlessly, pissing each other off, and continue raping the "fun" out of this "game" that we play.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How about we do something productive and discuss what could change about Superman, since its such an issue?
Or we can keep bickering endlessly, pissing each other off, and continue raping the "fun" out of this "game" that we play.
How would that be productive? We don't get to decide what happens. That's just setting things up for worse situations.
Frankly, Superman is already doing 2/3 of that.

It takes skill to win with him against top players but if an average player picks up Superman, he can now beat 60% of the players just because of the character and all the tools available to him.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
8-frame neutral tool that's safe on block and covers huge range
50-60% combos for 1 bar after normalization
Full screen overhead 2-frame super
Armor breaking and a 20% damage boost with no draw-back whatsoever
Great meter gain
Two projectiles, one of which hits overhead the other doing about 5% in chip
Air dash and a.d.3 allowing him cross-ups like crazy
Combos are simple, straightforward, efficient, damaging, and all around easy to set-up

The game may be young, but looking at the rest of the cast how is this not tilted?
BUFF EVERYONE TO BE SUPERMAN TIER

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Because we're not NRS developers and the delusion that they're taking notes on our threads instead of testing everything themselves is one of the reasons people have stopped bothering with this site.

OP doesn't mean good but easy to use OP stands for overpowered. Superman has too many really good tools compared to the rest of the cast. Like when something's already a good character, and they throw some unnecessary bullshit on him too, that's what makes you OP. Like his trait. He gets like 70% damage with trait on, but that's not enough so they make it armor breaking.

I understand what makes a character arguably OP. The primary argument being provided is that he is unacceptable unlike Kabal because of ease of execution. Which is a flawed argument.

As to what tools Superman has, I agree they are good. I don't think they are OP however. Other characters do comparable damage, with and without trait. Have better wake-up attacks. Etc.

Superman is top 5 in my tier list right now. But he isn't the top of the top, I expect him to slowly move down the tierlist, and I expect certain other characters to slowly move up (characters that are lower on the list due to high execution requirements and lack of top-player interest specifically).

We as a community don't know shit about how this game will look in a year or two assuming it survives that long - but based on historic precedence, we will learn some new tech, and it will disrupt the tierlists as we understand them. Superman will never be bad. But I don't think he as the kind of dirt that will rule this game down the road, dirt like unblockable setups, etc.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I didn't get to read through all the posts yet, but what amazes me is the damage nerfs of Black Adam. I don't even play the character and its ridiculous that he almost got a 20% damage nerf on his BNB while Supes still has fairly easy 45-55% combos with trait. And don't give me any of that shit that Superman needs to activate trait to get high damage because it takes all PDA milisecond to activate and then continue his combo.

While NRS is handing out major nerfs to characters in the S+ tier, the only thing they did was fuck with F23 (maybe not, help here???) and Breath slightly. It's still a death trap.

Black Adam is still great but if you're going to nerf a few top tiers, nerf them all. He was a good matchup for Supes and now the "tier" gap widened IMO.

If I screwed something up or forgot something help a cracka out, ya digg?

I think I can beat superman if i try, but I am the lesser evil right now so no one cares. Superman is really good because he has access to all tools.

Ranged damage. Close up. Mixups. OTGs. Great super. Great Trait. Good movement. Without a stance changed needed.

Still you have to beat superman like you do in the comics. Outsmart him and force him into moral dilemmas.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Ah, and the personal rebuttals come into play. How expected. Why would you playing me show me any points? I've played batmen that are probably a decent amount better than you, so its not like you have some kind of space-age technology that is totally unknown.

Your characters is stale, theres not much to him that isn't already known
My god you're annoying. The only reason I initially began communicating with you was to inform that batman always has his trait and he can always get around d2's with them.

It doesn't matter which batman's you've played this is still the case. In playing you I can demonstrate this.

No character in this game is stale as the game has only been out for three months.

The personal rebuttal was intentional because you're a miserable asshole.

Basically there's people who get it then there's people who clearly don't

Count me out arguing further w those w dont

So educate the people that don't get it. So far most of the counter-points have been, "You just don't get it" or "look at nightmare SF/whatever other player you think isn't worthy of top 32".

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Also, I had hope for Sinestro before EVO because IMO the Sinestro board is one of the best and hardest working character forums out there. Pig, LegenD, P2W, wound. All have gone through the process of ripping the character apart and dissecting ever aspect of him to this point.

And yet, it's hopeless because you have scumbag characters that just fuck your shit up at the highest level of play with little to no effort.

I feel like taking my Yellow Corp cock ring and flushing down the toilet. There is nothing to fear anymore.

Black Adam has crappy wake-ups, his damage is alright but he requires the extra 12% from trait and doesn't get armor breaking. He also doesn't get the neutral game benefit.

He does comparable damage off of as safe starters.

He has one of the best wake-up moves in the game.

He doesn't care about the neutral game, he doesn't have to play it.

Edit: Oh and by the way? He is one of the characters with potential unblockable setups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
My god you're annoying. The only reason I initially began communicating with you was to inform that batman always has his trait and he can always get around d2's with them.

It doesn't matter which batman's you've played this is still the case. In playing you I can demonstrate this.

No character in this game is stale as the game has only been out for three months.

The personal rebuttal was intentional because you're a miserable asshole.
You are adorable. Batman always has trait you say? I assume he never gets hit or pressured either, right? Also, surprise surprise but if you are rushing down to the point where your bat will always stuff a d.2 before it clicks your jump, then why haven't you won EVO? That sounds like some awesome stuff to make sure you never ever get checked by d.2 or anti-airs, only if it were so obvious and well known then why was REO still getting checked by d.2 and anti-airs?

You decided to accuse my Bane of being sub-par, so I did the same. Point stands that player skill doesn't make a point any less true.

Tell me something new Batman can do now that has yet to be seen. Because from what I can see, the Bane forums and the Hawkgirl forums are the only ones whom are actually still pulling new tech that is both practical and usable in a real match.

I don't have to insult you to get my point across, so as far as the grand scheme goes I don't think I'm the one in the troths.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Hey, if we could just cancel our dashes into blocks, zoners wouldnt be such an issue ;-)

Then Superman has to fight face to face. I like a straight up fight