What's new

Injustice - NowGamer interviews Hector on Lessons Learned, Balanacing and the Future

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This was a fantastic interview. It's great to hear Hector talk about making key adjustments based on players that were brought in. After seeing what Seth Killian was able to do at Capcom, and also a bit of what's taking place with the MOBA games with Valve hiring Icefrog and Riot making a lot of implementations based on player feedback, I feel like we're entering a new era as far as companies being attentive to feedback, and it's resulting in better and more popular games.

Also what Hec said about changing the stage elements to no longer be spammable was critical, and it'll make a huge difference as far as people deciding to leave them on for high-level play.

In an age where a lot of companies and publishers are following the dollar signs and re-releasing the same game each year, having Hector and Paulo make an effort to watch streams, take feedback seriously, and be around to communicate and share info is priceless.

To see the company you love saying these things about the game is a fan's dream; so kudos to NRS and congrats on all the hard work.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'll give the netcode a shot, but after reading that interview I'm braced for disappointment.

Being able to enjoy the game with people I otherwise wouldn't be able to >> the "core 60 frames per second experience".

Why do people only post speedtests ran on local servers and not out of state servers? For example heres my speedtest to the Miami Florida server which is only a 50miles away: Notice the moderate ping/latency

Now, here is my speed and ping to a california server over 2 thousand miles away: look at the drastic spike in ping/latency:

SZSR

Noob
[laughs] Yeah. At Evo last year, there were eight different characters in the top 8 and the year before that, there were eight different characters as well. We’ve seen a shift towards Kabal now people have been evolving the Kabal tech a little bit.
A shift Hector? This guy LEAPED to the top of the tier list and stayed there ever since. I'm glad in the other paragraphs you guys said you're gonna fix it, but don't try to sugarcoat it.

Slymind

Noob
I greatly favor buff over nerfs in character balancing, but, sometimes nerfing is necessary imo, otherwise you will have a recipe to make the game a broken mess, that will simply look silly. That's just my opinion.

*hides, before people start throwing rocks*

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Let the players decide the outcome, not the refs. Basketball is a very good comparison, too, because it's one of the few sports where the refs have a big hand in determining who wins and who loses.
As much as I hate this excuse, as a competitive basketball player I can say this is 100% true lol

This is only in extreme cases though, so like unless the devs buff everyone up to broken tier, everyone will be fine. Having 30 great characters is fine, but if its like Marvel where you have ToD combos and shit, then it is not going to fly.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I've had fantastic MK connections (@astronout, even while he's streaming it's great) and I've had atrocious MK connections.

The MK servers aren't great (6.5 outta 10) but the user base also doesn't help with wireless connections or running a bunch of other bandwidth intensive things along with playing.

I've had fantastic MK connections (@astronout, even while he's streaming it's great) and I've had atrocious MK connections.

The MK servers aren't great (6.5 outta 10) but the user base also doesn't help with wireless connections or running a bunch of other bandwidth intensive things along with playing.
Thats a really solid connection. Look at the distance of the server in contrast to the ping.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It's interesting to look at the "Faster than x% of US" stat.

For instance, my speed of ~21mbps (just a bit over PotH's "acceptable" limitation), is faster than 64% of the US. ~16mbps images in this thread have been faster than 60%.

I should hope that Injustice is playable at an acceptable level for the majority of players, as opposed to the minority.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
All good.. but damn! This is the news? I thought there would be a trailer. Show me something that will blow my mind! Martian Man Hunter, Blue Beetle, hell even ares. Give me gameplay of any of those guys and im happy! (Ares gives me a vibe though, that hes going to unlockable in the same way csz, or quan chi was)

trufenix

bye felicia
I already said one player can't win a basketball game, but it's not necessarily true that one move can't win a fighting game.
This is a bold faced lie. I beg you give me a single example of a character so dominating that they need only a single move to win.