What's new

Injustice - Issue #4 Now Available + Tom Taylor Interview, "The response has been overwhelming"

trufenix

bye felicia
Way off course from the game. Everyone here is suggesting the Joker is throughout the game, but we all just watched him have his back blown out. If the Joker is in the game for a long time then a explanation would be needed to tell how he survived such a blow. I'm hoping the comics will cover this, otherwise the Joker is geeerked in the comic, but alive in the game without a explanation? That wouldn't exactly be a "prequel." It's what I call plot holes.
Joker's face is front and center on the game's case and we've already had sightings of him in later parts of the story. It may be some twisty type stuff where he's assumed dead then turns up half way later and they spend a bunch of time explaining it or Batman is going to pull some ridiculous bat stuff and keep him going right now, but his apparent death is obviously important and I think the ensuing discussion is the reason this book ends on such a gigantic cliffhanger.

My personal thinking is that the presentation of Joker's survival is going to be the tool used to finally talk Superman down off the ledge. I think if they can either trick Superman into thinking he never killed Joker or at least give him an opportunity to re-pass judgement in a heroic way, it might melt the ice on Superman's heart. Of course if it turns out he kills Luthor and a bunch of other people during his rampage, that goes right out the fucking window. I wonder if (given the end of Arkham City) DC would actually have the balls to let Superman kill Batman.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
This is also true. Just look at what he did to the GL.

GL was all like, hold up Supes, lemme contain you for a few mins so we can talk and calm you down.. then BOOM U goin to jail now! GL gets bodied mid air....

I thought Supes was gonna let his human form body fall to its death BUT he at lesat scooped him up before an easy death...

If you haven't been reading, you're missing out on the fact that Superman was tricked in to killing Lois Lane, who was pregnant with their child.
No Storms, if you haven't been reading to avoid spoilers, you're fucked after that sentence :)
I know that everyone should avoid Injustice comic topics, if they don't want to see spoilers, but maybe some of the people were interested in the interview and then we have such a GIGANTIC spoiler in the few first sentences, without any warning D: Damn!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
GL was all like, hold up Supes, lemme contain you for a few mins so we can talk and calm you down.. then BOOM U goin to jail now! GL gets bodied mid air....

I thought Supes was gonna let his human form body fall to its death BUT he at lesat scooped him up before an easy death...
Maaaan when he took his ring...lol

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
No Storms, if you haven't been reading to avoid spoilers, you're fucked after that sentence :)
I know that everyone should avoid Injustice comic topics, if they don't want to see spoilers, but maybe some of the people were interested in the interview and then we have such a GIGANTIC spoiler in the few first sentences, without any warning D: Damn!

Any spoiler crying while on the INTERNET is just silly... lol

Avoid this thing called the Interwebs (in George Bush Jr's voice)

trufenix

bye felicia
Even the interview lists huge spoilers. Honestly, if you're reading an article about episode four of something, the contents of episodes 1-3 should be fair game. Its not like he put it in the title.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

oh lol I thought you might be complaining about "spoilers" in an Injustice thread (the game isnt out so basically everything Injustice related going forward up to April 16 is going to be a "spoiler")

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
This comic series is among the best I've ever seen come from DC so far. If they make it so that Superman kills Batman, then I will throw a fucking fit, unless they revive Batman somehow, lol. I don't see this happening in this series, however.

But yes, these comics are serving to make me super hyped for the game now. I can't wait to see what happens next.

trufenix

bye felicia
KH_Seraph, well NRS had Raiden kill Liu Kang and a ton of other body count in MK9 and DC let
Rocksteady kill Joker in Arkham City
so its definitily a possibility. It would definitely guarantee they can bring in fresh blood for the inevitable sequel.

Supermans message to Joker
Superman: Yo wonder women hold my wife n unborn child...
WonderWomen: Ok but superman where u going?
Superman: To deliver a message!
"Flies off at the speed of light and into arkham asylum" BLAM!
Superman: "To Joker" Im not the batman...ill kill you bitch!" "Grabs Joker" DUN DUN DUN! " dat kano fatality!?!?! "SUPERMAN WINS!" FATALITY! FLAWLESS VICTORY!

axeman87

Noob
Does anyone know where I can buy the digital copies with Paypal?

DC only allows for credit card and I refuse to use credit card for online purchases.

Joker definitely exists in the game timeline, since he's seen trying to kill Harley (who appears to have allied with Batman in his absense) and gets attacked by Lex in his 2.0 suit.

Given that the whole "world frozen in time" plot point keeps coming up in the games promotions and we still haven't addressed the "Catwoman can beat up Superman" angle, there's a major power character (like Fate or Spectre or some such) whose involvement is yet to be revealed.
This makes me hard.

I found it funny, that when my nigga Supes took his Ring, GL, looked like a lil ass boy. All his abs and physic was gone, he was left a T shirt and a hat and shit.

But, for real, do you guys think that there's some alternate reality, timewarp/travel type stuff involved? How is Ares involved?

Man, that guy Spectre looks exactly like Dr. Doom man.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
If I'm not mistaken that last scene is actually the end of Chapter 1 in-game, judging from the previews most sites have published not too long ago. That means they are gonna include material from the comic to help people who didn't read them actually understand the story.

But DAMN, how the fuck is Joker supposed to survive that?

The next story isn't even going to explain what happened, in #4, it's going to be a different story arc, from what was said in the IGN interview.

"Next week, we step aside from it all for a moment to tell a single story of Harley Quinn and Green Arrow. "

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
If I'm not mistaken that last scene is actually the end of Chapter 1 in-game, judging from the previews most sites have published not too long ago. That means they are gonna include material from the comic to help people who didn't read them actually understand the story.

But DAMN, how the fuck is Joker supposed to survive that?
50cent got shot 9 times in the face soooo I wouldn't be surprised if Joker survived plus I doubt Batman would just let him die

trufenix

bye felicia
Goddamn I know Green lantern probably feels like he isn't shit now..
Getting schooled by the fastest strongest dude on the planet isn't exactly shameful. Just cause you find out one day that you're not Lebron James doesn't mean you can't ball.

On the real though, if Batman pulls some shit out of his ass to save Joker but they all just let Lois die, it will truly be some shady shit.