What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
NRS can solve this fuss easily by giving us the most godlike button configuration, but that's only a dream :(. If injustice have the input bug along with this block system I don't think I'll be able to with stand my rage

This would make footsies smoother, and you would be able to move in and out without worrying about hitting the block button. :cool:

- No proximity blocking!​
- No charge moves! (Guile, Balrog, Bison, etc.)​
- Find a creative new way of using EX specials. Like making the old block button the EX button.​

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
This is no big deal.Its not MK so I don't see why not.Holding back to block isnt that hard of a transition.

I won't lie.. this single piece of information may change whether I play this past week 1 or not.. I'll still buy it, but I won't be as invested in it as I am with MK9..

What does character specific Meter even mean? Some characters can use meter others can't?
I think its kinda how SF3 meter worked. Some characters had bigger meters others had smaller meters. Some characters could store multiple Supers, others had a max of 1 . You could also choose what super you wanted in the character select screen. For example Ryu's Shin shoryuken super would give him one long meter bar while Chun li's lightning legs super was a short meter bar and you could store 3 (or at least i remember it being 3). Don't know if my explanation was good hope you get what I'm trying to say xD

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
IN OTHER NEWS

Do you think meters build differently or have different sizes? Is that what they mean?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Like I can seriously play a game that is back to block but never liked it or felt good about it with other games. The only thing that ever appealed to me about it was true crossups, which u can get around with a "mostly block button" type game.

Was hoping this game would play a LITTLE like MK but its not looking like that, oh well.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think its kinda how SF3 meter worked. Some characters had bigger meters others had smaller meters. Some characters could store multiple Supers, others had a max of 1 . You could also choose what super you wanted in the character select screen. For example Ryu's Shin shoryuken super would give him one long meter bar while Chun li's lightning legs super was a short meter bar and you could store 3 (or at least i remember it being 3). Don't know if my explanation was good hope you get what I'm trying to say xD
Yeah, that sounds fair...

not.

Okay, so, realistically I'm a fighting game noob. I've played all of the Mortal Kombat's since I was like 6, and have really only ever touched Tekken as another fighting game.

..that being said, I've never been able to get used to holding back to block. A block button feels alot more natural to me. I was so excited about this game until I saw the "hold back for block". I'm sure it will be an awesome game and people will love it (like they love other "hold back for block" fighting games).. but I'll never be able to get into it like I did with Mortal Kombat :(

Anyone else?

I'm not good at footsies in THIS game... imagine how fail I would be in Injustice. You know those 111 scorpions... that would be me.
That's what I'm waiting to see! The character's normals. We can pretty much guess most of the casts special moves, but the normals are more important to me.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Your apart of it, so I guess that makes you retarded too lol. If getting rid of the block button makes Injustice feel like Injustice, and not MK or SF I'm all for it.
This.
As long as it has its own feel and isn't like SF, MvC, Tekken, MK, etc we should all be happy. Hopefully what NRS is trying out will turn out amazing.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Fuck it, why not? I'm liking it. This might just mean there wont be breakers either, which would be worse. But holding back to block is a good idea IMO. From what I see, NRS is trying to make this game its own game; not a version of MK. I went from never thinking twice about this game to considering it. Looking forward to seeing what else this game will have in store for us.

This.
As long as it has its own feel and isn't like SF, MvC, Tekken, MK, etc we should all be happy. Hopefully what NRS is trying out will turn out amazing.
We all know it will feel more like MK9 than any other fighter, but I hope to god it's not more like SF