What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

SZSR

Noob
I wish we'd get out of the, "if you don't like something, you're bitching" mode, use logic and intelligence to refute a point.

I'm willing to try the game, but I'm not going to pretend I like something when I don't. Injustice is NOT Mortal Kombat, so while I'm going to try the game and keep an open mind about it, I don't like the hold back to block set up for any fighting game, I play Tekken and enjoy the game, it's still awkward to me personally.

Tekken and Street Fighter are quality fighters and I'm not taking that away from them, not at all, just personal preferences we all have.
I 100% agree with this post. I play MK and all of its glory because I have fun with the game for its own merits. That's the same way i'm gonna treat Injustice.

I also play Tekken and i've never really gotten used to back to block but the game is plenty fun with that mechanic (albeit the whole game's pretty complicated compared to MK).

If it really makes Injustice play weird and I don't like i'll simply stop playing it. I highly doubt something like this will be that detrimental to the "fun-ness" of the game.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Do any of you people complaining play any other fighting games, ever? This game looks like it plays absolutely NOTHING like Marvel. And "Capcom games"? This is the standard for just about every fighting game out there, Capcom or not, with the only exception I think being Soul Calibur.

Using back to block adds a layer of depth that a block button normally takes away. MK9 made up for that with ridiculous projectiles and rushdown, but this game doesn't look as busy. Relax guys.
I said Capcom style. Feel free to educate me on how they didn't set the standard for holding back to block dating back to their early arcade entries that are pretty much the reason there is a FGC.

Let's go ahead and clarify this:
Just because someone has a preference on how blocking works in a fighting game, it doesn't mean their bitching. Is it natural to believe that NRS would use a block button since MK did? Yes, of course, so some people are unsettled by this news. It's preference. Other fighting game players can not play MK because it has a block button, so I don't see how it is unreasonable for people who prefer it to not want to play this game.

A block button is one reason I like Soul Calibur V. I prefer it.

Also, I think both styles have their own sort of depth. Like someone else said, both style of cross ups have a mix up afterwards. You still have a mind game after a cross up. It's just a slightly different mind game.

One thing I do not like, again as someone already mentioned, is ambiguous cross ups, particularly C. Viper's flame kick and Cammy/Rufus' dive kicks. It is mostly because they are airborne attacks, and it almost seems like you have to guess whether it will cross up or not. Maybe someone else can clarify this mechanic if I am not understanding correctly.

They're both goood systems, people will just have their preferences. Accept it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Let's go ahead and clarify this:
Just because someone has a preference on how blocking works in a fighting game, it doesn't mean their bitching. Is it natural to believe that NRS would use a block button since MK did? Yes, of course, so some people are unsettled by this news. It's preference. Other fighting game players can not play MK because it has a block button, so I don't see how it is unreasonable for people who prefer it to not want to play this game.

A block button is one reason I like Soul Calibur V. I prefer it.

Also, I think both styles have their own sort of depth. Like someone else said, both style of cross ups have a mix up afterwards. You still have a mind game after a cross up. It's just a slightly different mind game.

One thing I do not like, again as someone already mentioned, is ambiguous cross ups, particularly C. Viper's flame kick and Cammy/Rufus' dive kicks. It is mostly because they are airborne attacks, and it almost seems like you have to guess whether it will cross up or not. Maybe someone else can clarify this mechanic if I am not understanding correctly.

They're both goood systems, people will just have their preferences. Accept it.
Said better than I could say it myself. I prefer the feel that MK has and it has the feel because of having a block button. I was hoping that even though we were not getting MK10 yet we would at least get the MK feel in this game.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Will we still be able to play footsies?
Also why does anyone think that this will affect meter drain in any way? It isn't a glitch, EN specials have armour on the second frame at the earliest, x-rays have armour on frame 1, it's so that x-rays are more reliable for escaping pressure.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I said Capcom style. Feel free to educate me on how they didn't set the standard for holding back to block dating back to their early arcade entries that are pretty much the reason there is a FGC.
That isn't the point and you know it. The point is that making back to block doesn't automatically mean it'll play like a "Capcom style" game (whatever that means), much less Marvel of all games.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yay... now it sounds like Marvel. This game could have a totally different feel from Capcom style games but nope NRS has to chuck that out the window for following what other fighters do. Awesome.
Eh, it should be alright. Whatever. Holding back to block doesn't bug me. Can't knock it 'til you try it...just like anal. #TROLOLOYOLO

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
This is good. NRS are trying new things and that is enough for me to accept it. Who knows, some of the stuff that works in Injustice may make it's way to MK and make it better.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Stop crying over spill milk, its not a big deal. People should be happy that there is no dedicated button to block leaves more room for other stuff to be use

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
That isn't the point and you know it. The point is that making back to block doesn't automatically mean it'll play like a "Capcom style" game (whatever that means), much less Marvel of all games.
No man that really is the point. Those games have a pretty much universal feel to them caused by the way the footsie game is played when you have to hold back to block. Marvel is actually a bad example because of advancing guard and the things you can do with assists.

OSpliffySmitheeyO

tym_smitheey
Well tbh, the only fighting game i've ever taken seriously is mk9, so having no block button and holding back to block is going to be damn weird, on the other hand.. ever since i saw the trailer for this game, I've been so excited to here more news and wait for the release etc.. just because it looks like an awesome game. I really dont get why becuase its going to be different from mk, people have allready decided they're not getting it.. Boon has said from the start its a totally DIFFERENT game, shit like this is to be expected, NRS wants to appeal to other FGC's - and you cant blame them.. Hopefully little tweaks here and there and the game will become a solid tournament game. Why so clozed mind peoplez? you no likey da changez? stick to mk then. lol