What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I think it's a great call. My interest in this game just grew a lot more.

I'm even more interested in the character-specific meters. A very intriguing thought for MK10 as well.

Can someone explain how CrossUps are "legit" now since there is no block button? I thought in MK9 when you jump punch over it's considered a "cross up".

Nonetheless everyone seems super excited about no block button and CrossUps now...

Also, what's character specific meter?

CYracks

Command Grabber
I don't trust NRS to make a game with a hold-back-to-block button. They should focus less on innovation when they have so many things to improve already. Ed Boon said that Injustice online will be like MK9 online. No one wants that. I don't want NRS to try something new, pretty sure they'll just fuck it up.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Can someone explain how CrossUps are "legit" now since there is no block button? I thought in MK9 when ou jump punch over its considered a "cross up".

Nonetheless everyone seems super excited about no block button and CrossUps now...
I think now its "legit" because you have to switch the sides with the block (stick position or pad) when someone crosses you up, not just hold a button and have it work both ways regardless of the cross up

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't even like DC or even any American comics that much but this game is already shaping up to look awesome
good shit to NRS

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wonder what the 3 buttons are, and how this works with strings, or the dialed nature of MK combos.

So many questions.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Yay... now it sounds like Marvel. This game could have a totally different feel from Capcom style games but nope NRS has to chuck that out the window for following what other fighters do. Awesome.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Can someone explain how CrossUps are "legit" now since there is no block button? I thought in MK9 when you jump punch over it's considered a "cross up".

Also, what's character specific meter?
A cross-up only means that you're forced to switch block directions at the moment your opponent jumps over you. This creates many mix-up situations.

MK9 kind of has "de facto" cross-ups because jump-over/jump-in punches pretty much force you into an overhead/low/grab mix-up situation anyway. NRS getting rid of the block button for Injustice now allows for true cross-ups to exist.

Espio

Kokomo
I wish we'd get out of the, "if you don't like something, you're bitching" mode, use logic and intelligence to refute a point.

I'm willing to try the game, but I'm not going to pretend I like something when I don't. Injustice is NOT Mortal Kombat, so while I'm going to try the game and keep an open mind about it, I don't like the hold back to block set up for any fighting game, I play Tekken and enjoy the game, it's still awkward to me personally.

Tekken and Street Fighter are quality fighters and I'm not taking that away from them, not at all, just personal preferences we all have.

If MK had a hold back to block it wouldn't be hard at all because you wouldn't be blocking, the game would do it. I imagine it would be like getting caught in the middle of a dhalsim ultra+teleport mixup scenario. If you're already blocking one way the game will auto-correct you to block in other directions.
The game auto-corrects as your character is still in blockstun when the cross-up occurs.

For Smoke's Ex-Tele, you would have to block in the other direction yourself. Imagine successfully blocking it though during a high-level down-to-the-wire match, it would be HYPE lol... although it really wouldn't be all that difficult.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Yay... now it sounds like Marvel. This game could have a totally different feel from Capcom style games but nope NRS has to chuck that out the window for following what other fighters do. Awesome.
Do any of you people complaining play any other fighting games, ever? This game looks like it plays absolutely NOTHING like Marvel. And "Capcom games"? This is the standard for just about every fighting game out there, Capcom or not, with the only exception I think being Soul Calibur.

Using back to block adds a layer of depth that a block button normally takes away. MK9 made up for that with ridiculous projectiles and rushdown, but this game doesn't look as busy. Relax guys.

For Smoke's Ex-Tele, you would have to block in the other direction yourself. Imagine successfully blocking it though during a high-level down-to-the-wire match, it would be HYPE lol... although it really wouldn't be all that difficult.
What?! That shit is hella fast. You'd have to be a jedi to react to smokes teleport unless your expecting it by holding forward