What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic Issue #6

PuLs4r

Noob
They are usually at your local comic shop.

There are 5 print issues IIRC, and they contain 3 digital issues in them.

The print issues are said to be released the first Wednesday of a new month.
ah ok thx im not really much of a comic guy. just hyped for this game i wanna know what happend before the game very interesting

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Solid artwork, which may seem unimportant to some but it's just as important for me as the story's quality.
I'm going to wait to see about the story though. I'll want to read it right before I play story mode.

My Man supes stripping presidents naked and making an example out of them, ha i like this issue, seems Wonderwomen is encouraging superman to do what she always wanted him to do, she too believes man needs a more strict kind of order, and rule, that there are too many leaders in the world and too many diff opinions, no leader wants to operate under the same guidelines, which in turn leads to differences, possible war and or violence, this is a turning point, a turning point in which diana had in the back of her mind since shes gotten to earth, that man alone is not capable of proper rule, and overseeing of the people of earth, so she along side superman now planning on using their superpowers not to just save the world, no thats not enough anymore......but to govern it in such a matter that violence, war, and death will be weeded out for good, and for anyone who attempts to overthrow this they shall be dealt with, with proper force....this is where batman and his opposition comes in and things get ugly, but there are super heroes who agree with what superman is setting out to do, and then there are heroes who believe this is a form of dictatorship and will play on batmans side, interesting to see who chooses who when its all said and done

What Superman is doing is tyrannical and unlawful. It's anti-democracy. He's formed a dictatorship and implemented Martial Law. Thats just the way I'm seeing it. I'm envisioning Superman as a personification of Government.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
What Superman is doing is tyrannical and unlawful. It's anti-democracy. He's formed a dictatorship and implemented Martial Law. Thats just the way I'm seeing it. I'm envisioning Superman as a personification of Government.

That's exactly what's happening, and it's glorious.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Nah I can't wait to see his head get knocked off by the Resistance. Something Lex and Bat can do together themselves, but since supe has a team they need one too.

That's exactly what's happening, and it's glorious.
Well I respect your opinion but I feel it is far from glorious, it's heinous. It's impossible to prevent certain crimes. Humans have free will. Under a proper democratic system those humans who choose out of their free will to commit crimes against others suffer the consequences and are incarcerated. It's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Try envisioning Superman as your government. Would you be ok with being constantly under surveillance, having martial law implemented and random soldiers intimidating you and questioning you? Would you be ok to be thought of as a potential criminal instead of a citizen? Would you be ok with an Alien thats not even from your planet telling you what you can and cannot do? I bet not. I view this comic book as a social commentary on current events. The allegories are hard to miss.

Well I respect your opinion but I feel it is far from glorious, it's heinous. It's impossible to prevent certain crimes. Humans have free will. Under a proper democratic system those humans who choose out of their free will to commit crimes against others suffer the consequences and are incarcerated. It's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.
It is. But when a superhuman overthrows the government and lays down his own rules, our democratic laws don't exactly fit into the grand scheme of this new regime.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I'm joking with the glorious part. However, I will play devil's advocate here.

I don't know if you're talking comics or real life but in comics the system fails. These criminals kills dozens, hundreds, thousands, and are sent to prison only to escape and do it again. Why keep this cycle going for the rest of time? We have people that are practically Gods that defend a small portion of the World despite their immense powers and resources. Millions still die outside of their "jurisdiction" and they tend to ignore it or help with cleanup. Where were they when these millions were killed? Why do they abide by these laws of man, these political squabbles, why? Well, Superman isn't anymore.

KiD INsAnitY

I'm joking with the glorious part. However, I will play devil's advocate here.

I don't know if you're talking comics or real life but in comics the system fails. These criminals kills dozens, hundreds, thousands, and are sent to prison only to escape and do it again. Why keep this cycle going for the rest of time? We have people that are practically Gods that defend a small portion of the World despite their immense powers and resources. Millions still die outside of their "jurisdiction" and they tend to ignore it or help with cleanup. Where were they when these millions were killed? Why do they abide by these laws of man, these political squabbles, why? Well, Superman isn't anymore.
But that's how the people of earth operate. Who is he to declare himself a dictator simply because he doesn't like the way we run things on OUR planet (Talking about comic book planet of course lol)Like I said I understand his view but it doesn't make it right. That's like someone running into you're home and telling you the new "rules" of the house. He is basically turning himself into a "bad Guy" the ppl he is trying to protect shouldn't hate him or fear him like they soon will. They WILL hate him and will probably want him off the planet for good or dead. He's digging his own grave.

trufenix

bye felicia
But that's how the people of earth operate. Who is he to declare himself a dictator simply because he doesn't like the way we run things on OUR planet (Talking about comic book planet of course lol)Like I said I understand his view but it doesn't make it right. That's like someone running into you're home and telling you the new "rules" of the house. He is basically turning himself into a "bad Guy" the ppl he is trying to protect shouldn't hate him or fear him like they soon will. They WILL hate him and will probably want him off the planet for good or dead. He's digging his own grave.
If you saw a man being robbed, or a woman being raped, or even a child drop a dollar bill you would (presumably) help, because it is within your power. Technically, you should notify the police or someone else who's job it is to sort out right from wrong, but you don't because you know by the time they resolve it, the damage will be done.

Now imagine you have the power to stop wars.

Reedoms

Noob
But that's how the people of earth operate. Who is he to declare himself a dictator simply because he doesn't like the way we run things on OUR planet (Talking about comic book planet of course lol)
He's Superman. One of the most loved people on the planet Earth and who has been protecting them for decades already. People are gonna polish his shit and eat it after he declares himself Overlord Supreme.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
He's Superman. One of the most loved people on the planet Earth and who has been protecting them for decades already. People are gonna polish his shit and eat it after he declares himself Overlord Supreme.
;_; everyone needs a hug from Superman LBSH that stuff saves lives

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

No, it's not right. But let's bring this into a real World setting real quick: How would you feel if a man came out tomorrow and stopped all war and crime through total rule?

For your "coming into your house making rules thing", if people were breaking into your house sporadically and stealing your stuff/money, beating/assaulting/stabbing/shooting you and your family and then some guy comes in and says "I am gonna make this stop, just follow all my rules" would you not take this deal?

He is being a good guy through the wrong means. He is breaking rules, laws, etc... for the greater good of the people. Sometimes laws must be broken or bent to help people.

KiD INsAnitY

If you saw a man being robbed, or a woman being raped, or even a child drop a dollar bill you would (presumably) help, because it is within your power. Technically, you should notify the police or someone else who's job it is to sort out right from wrong, but you don't because you know by the time they resolve it, the damage will be done.

Now imagine you have the power to stop wars.
I would stop war but I wouldn't declare myself overlord just cause I can. The other problem is he knows what he is doing isn't gonna sit well with some of the other heros he's ASKING for problems. He tried to stop war but created and even bigger one between heroes.Like I said he is digging his own grave and when the Bat drives that kryptonite through his chest that shit will be glorious.

KiD INsAnitY

No, it's not right. But let's bring this into a real World setting real quick: How would you feel if a man came out tomorrow and stopped all war and crime through total rule?

For your "coming into your house making rules thing", if people were breaking into your house sporadically and stealing your stuff/money, beating/assaulting/stabbing/shooting you and your family and then some guy comes in and says "I am gonna make this stop, just follow all my rules" would you not take this deal?

He is being a good guy through the wrong means. He is breaking rules, laws, etc... for the greater good of the people. Sometimes laws must be broken or bent to help people.
No I wouldn't like it because he is taking away you're rights too. Life would be bleak and everyone will be full of fear. Constantly under surveillance soldiers that can come into your house at anytime. You're not treated like a victim anymore you're just a potential suspect. No one would be doing anything because of the fear of getting instantly arrested or a fist driven through their chest by Superman. Maybe you could live with that but I would go insane. Even if somethings seem out of place doesn't mean they should be changed.

trufenix

bye felicia
I would stop war but I wouldn't declare myself overlord just cause I can.
But that's the thing, the second you take the law into your own hands you are doing the same thing, even if its on a smaller scale. In the world of comics, lots of people count on their heroes to make the distinction. Nobody bats (haha) an eye when Batman shuts down a bunch of drug dealers before they can poison the city, do they? Is he an overlord?

And look at what Supes actually does in this issue, take it out of the context of the future we know from the game. Is it really unjust to remove a dictator who would bomb his own people from power and do so without ANY bloodshed? Can't you see how some people would think that's a damn fine way to make up for his little "accident" last issue? Diana certainly does. Its not like she showed up in Bialya with guns blazing, she was waiting for this.

The other problem is he knows what he is doing isn't gonna sit well with some of the other heros he's ASKING for problems. He tried to stop war but created and even bigger one between heroes.Like I said he is digging his own grave and when the Bat drives that kryptonite through his chest that shit will be glorious.
We still don't know the whole story. There's still a pretty large logistical gap between Superman saying "I will stop anyone who threatens the innocent" to "I will have shock troopers patrolling the city streets". We still don't even know who all is on what side when the game starts. For all we know, Batman may actually be on Team Superman Cleans Up Earth next week, in many ways this is basically his playbook on a larger scale. Hell, even Aquaman eventually decides Superman is right and if anyone on the planet has the power to resist Superman, its him.

Most importantly though, this situation actually goes on for FIVE years. Five years of Super "tyranny" before anyone decides (or can) do anything about The New Regime. We still don't know what actually cracks the armor.

KiD INsAnitY

But that's the thing, the second you take the law into your own hands you are doing the same thing, even if its on a smaller scale. In the world of comics, lots of people count on their heroes to make the distinction. Nobody bats (haha) an eye when Batman shuts down a bunch of drug dealers before they can poison the city, do they? Is he an overlord?

And look at what Supes actually does in this issue, take it out of the context of the future we know from the game. Is it really unjust to remove a dictator who would bomb his own people from power and do so without ANY bloodshed? Can't you see how some people would think that's a damn fine way to make up for his little "accident" last issue? Diana certainly does. Its not like she showed up in Bialya with guns blazing, she was waiting for this.

We still don't know the whole story. There's still a pretty large logistical gap between Superman saying "I will stop anyone who threatens the innocent" to "I will have shock troopers patrolling the city streets". We still don't even know who all is on what side when the game starts. For all we know, Batman may actually be on Team Superman Cleans Up Earth next week, in many ways this is basically his playbook on a larger scale. Hell, even Aquaman eventually decides Superman is right and if anyone on the planet has the power to resist Superman, its him.

Most importantly though, this situation actually goes on for FIVE years. Five years of Super "tyranny" before anyone decides (or can) do anything about The New Regime. We still don't know what actually cracks the armor.
The way I see it ALL this could have been avoided.If supe would have just held a meeting with the supers of the world and said ''hey look we need to be more alert more involved'' but he just said look Im overlord supreme you guys listen to me now thats it, thats all I rule ALL of you now. Some agree but a lot don't Aquaman is against the Regime because he doesn't believe in being ruled by super (based on his reveal trailer) Your right we don't know the full story but if there is a band of superheros trying to stop him he MUST be doing something wrong.

trufenix

bye felicia
well superman's got a lot on his mind right now, and you've probably been so pissed off at least once in your life that you ignored the advice of friends and family. Second, if everybody in fiction acted reasonably and sensibly, there wouldn't be a comic book longer than 1 page.

KiD INsAnitY

I know I'm just saying I think he is dead wrong for this I get his reason 100% but still. I wonder how long its gonna take for him to realize he is feeding right into Lex's hands this is the moment he was most likely waiting for to get the people to turn on super. Lex might have a fraction of his own.