What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic #8 is out

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Issue 3 also has WW on the frontlines of what looks like a huge battle, issue 2 has Superman and Batman facing off, issue 1 has a huge battle of heroes, there's no real way to tell exactly what's happening from the cover. They may go to Atlantis to announce their plans and ask Arthur to join or they may go down to tell Arthur to prepare for war if he's not gonna yield. No way to tell right now.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Aquaman never agreed with the Regime it seems. He just probably went along with their "Laws" until he felt it was time to fight back.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Aquaman has his own kingdom to rule and protect. It's not like he is together with all the other leaguers all the time.
He also needs time to get to Metropolis from Atlantis D:

Comic books tend to do some weird, unexplainable shit. You shouldn't interprete a bigger plan from something like that, because it's probably nothing.

I'll just say this, the Joker/explosion thing happened a week before the current events.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
"Read to find out which new characters show up by purchasing the digital comics HERE!"

...Yup, or I could just read the comments.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Most people in the comics have an "NRS style" thing going on, don't read too much into that part of it.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
OK. I'm fucking sorry, did someone just say Raven was in this shit? YO somebody better show me this, I can't get the comic right now.
EDIT: Never mind, I saw it. She looks like her Ame-Comi Girls counterpart.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
They probably had the first few issues ready to go for a while and are still working on the newer ones.

Its probably my optimism that Grodd or Mirror Master will get in but I feel like Captain Cold isn't gonna be playable after reading issue 8

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
You feel that the character with the most redesign to fit the universe's aesthetic is less likely? Interesting.

Redesigned =/= good design, did you see how fast Flash washed his hands of him plus he snitched out MM like he meant nothing to him and he's using gun and those dont normally work in fighting games(for his power type)

trufenix

bye felicia
Redesigned =/= good design, did you see how fast Flash washed his hands of him plus he snitched out MM like he meant nothing to him and he's using gun and those dont normally work in fighting games
I sincerely doubt getting bodied in a comic is more telling than a new NRS inspired redesign. And there's no guarantee Cold liked the kidnap Superman's parents play either. MM was working for the US Gov't on that, not the Rogues.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Okay just read this.This comic was absolutely fantastic!The best issue so far!Really well made with lots of cameos and stuff.I like how this is serving the purpose of alining all the heroes to Superman's cause.And yep judging by WW's words and the NW/Raven panel that some of their friends died in the explosion(I guess they were in the city looking for Lois,right?).I wonder how the Kents feel about thier son's new aproach to crimefighting?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
So apparently Mirror Master is McCulloch even though he didn't talk Scottish at all.
Tbh I hate when comics put in the Scottish accent, or English for that matter, by changing the spelling of the words. It just makes the character sound mentally challenged.

Same goes for Rogue & Gambit's Cajun/southern accents in X-Men.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
On the very first page, they make a reference to heroes standing who should be standing there but aren't, then they switch to a twoshot between Nightwing and Raven looking forlorn. Anybody got any idea what that means or are they trying to say some (or all) of the other titans are dead?
Starfire better be alive