What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic #8 is out

Another week, another comic, another glimpse into the universe of NetherRealm Studio's video game Injustice: Gods Among Us. Written by acclaimed writer Tom Taylor, the prequel comics set us up for the story we will witness when the game releases on 4.16.2013

This week, we are greeted with a few new characters, and we finally come to a conclusion to the events that unfolded regarding The Man of Steel during issue #7. Although, less action packed in comparison to the previous issues, issue #8 further develops the plot regarding Superman, Batman, and the Justice League and the "New Regime". Read to find out which new characters show up by purchasing the digital comics HERE!

A lot of character appearances in this one. The ones that stood out to me as having a new, NR inspired, look was Raven and Captain Cold.... now I'm even more confused by that achievement pic though b/c Raven had red skin and CC would probably rule out other freeze characters

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Captain Cold is the most redesigned, he has Jim Lee looking armor, weird lines everywhere.

He kinda looks like a Jester, which is a weird direction to go.

trufenix

bye felicia
On the very first page, they make a reference to heroes standing who should be standing there but aren't, then they switch to a twoshot between Nightwing and Raven looking forlorn. Anybody got any idea what that means or are they trying to say some (or all) of the other titans are dead?

really ? they seem correct to me... Its the scene directly outside the "World's End" bar ?
Yes. Look at "Green Lantern", specifically his shoulder pads. They're armored and have the Nightwing bird symbol on them. Also, Nightwing's domino mask doesn't cover his nose like GL's. They flubbed the colors. :p

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Yes. Look at "Green Lantern", specifically his shoulder pads. They're armored and have the Nightwing bird symbol on them. Also, Nightwing's domino mask doesn't cover his nose like GL's. They flubbed the colors. :p
ha! funny... Should we tweet Tom Taylor https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade about or just let it ride.. ? :) (not that he does the art but he's the writer and is super responsive to tweets, cool dude)

Folux182

Noob
On the very first page, they make a reference to heroes standing who should be standing there but aren't, then they switch to a twoshot between Nightwing and Raven looking forlorn. Anybody got any idea what that means or are they trying to say some (or all) of the other titans are dead?
Thats exactly what I thought since i couldnt think of another reason why it would cut to the two of them alone..... So no Starfire or BeastBoy?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
All the Teen Titans probably died in that explosion.

They're kinda prone to dying horribly.

I noticed this. When I read it I immediately thought Beast Boy was a loss b/c Nightwing was looking at a sorrowful looking Raven. Raven and Beast Boy had a closer relationship. I would think Raven would be checking on Nightwing if it were Starfire that was lost.

Thats exactly what I thought since i couldnt think of another reason why it would cut to the two of them alone..... So no Starfire or BeastBoy?
Starfire might be off screwing someone. I doubt she'd care all that much until Superman started invading peoples' free will. Then...shit might hit the fan. Beast Boy though...honestly, I think that's what the look is for. Heck, it could be that Raven's skin tone at the moment is a clue to her emotional turmoil. Absolute rage.
Anyone else find it weird that only those heroes showed up/were called?
Weird, no. Disturbing? Possibly. We might be seeing the primary roster for the heroes there. It makes me wonder why some wouldn't show. Martian Manhunter for example. I doubt that Supergirl and Power Girl would've been taken out in that blast. If Supes could survive blasts like that, so could they. Not surprising that Robin and whichever gal would be wearing the Batgirl outfit in this comic(likely Barbara, but could also be Stephanie or Cassandra) aren't there. If Bats is in DC and Nightwing's at the Watchtower, Batman probably has them keeping things in Gotham under control. Green Arrow is probably still keeping an eye on Harley in his Arrow Cave(Gotta agree with Harley, that's such a stupid name). So, who else could be missing? My comic knowledge isn't encyclopedic, so who else would show up to what is obviously a JLA meeting?

Anyone else find it weird that only those heroes showed up/were called?
Well, we don't technically know who makes up the Justice League in the Injustice Universe. If it's just the New 52 league then I cannot explain Hawkgirl's presence....on the other hand, if she's in the league then it makes perfect sense. Raven might have been called b/c her unique power set helps substantially w/ Mirror Master. Nightwing was probably there to fill in for Batman, who was off investigating, and to support his fellow Titans.