What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic #8 is out

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I don't think that rules CC out though. In one of the early issues Green Lantern looked pretty low tier when Superman snatched his ring off his finger in the blink of an eye.
I agree... I certainly wont rule out CC cause of this issue alone.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Aquaman wasn't there but Nightwing, Shazam, Raven and Hawkgirl were. There's also offshoot JL teams that could be called up. Superman's parents were kidnapped, any and every available hero should be called up/willing to help but it's a very weird group that was gathered.

Aquaman wasn't there but Nightwing, Shazam, Raven and Hawkgirl were. There's also offshoot JL teams that could be called up. Superman's parents were kidnapped, any and every available hero should be called up/willing to help but it's a very weird group that was gathered.
I wouldn't wonder if that decision was made by the marketing-plan for the game.
Why would they showcase for example Martian Manhunter if they're not yet willing to reveal him or something like that.
So they let a group of other heroes arrive who are already confirmed, or were supposed to be confirmed with this comic or something.

Ooo, I forgot about Aquaman...maybe Wonder Woman didn't think he'd be useful since Mirror Master didn't dump the Kents in the ocean. :p /end joke

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I wouldn't wonder if that decision was made by the marketing-plan for the game.
Why would they showcase for example Martian Manhunter if they're not yet willing to reveal him or something like that.
So they let a group of other heroes arrive who are already confirmed, or were supposed to be confirmed with this comic or something.

It doesn't explain the exclusion of Aquaman and they've spoiled things through magazines and cover art for the comics before, more than likely, they were ready.

I'm not really concerned w/ the absence of Aquaman...it was probably a hastily assembled team and, for all we know, there could be other heroes chasing down other leads that just were not shown. I thought the absence of "the world's greatest detective" would be the one everyone in the group would notice.

Also, I was left w/ some questions for next issue: Is Wonder Woman not going to question Mirror Master any further into what happened now that she has him tied up in her lasso? Is Batman going to come back and say he found nothing?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
It doesn't explain the exclusion of Aquaman and they've spoiled things through magazines and cover art for the comics before, more than likely, they were ready.

To be honest Aquaman is kinda to blame for a lot of shit here IMO... Why didnt he find the Joker's sub first , If he did Supes wouldnt have killed Lois .? Maybe that why they put him on a time-out from their JL meetings? lol

I'm not really concerned w/ the absence of Aquaman...it was probably a hastily assembled team and, for all we know, there could be other heroes chasing down other leads that just were not shown. I thought the absence of "the world's greatest detective" would be the one everyone in the group would notice.
No kidding. Speaking of, I love how he managed to get into the White House and basically tell the Pres that he's a fucking idiot.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
On the cover of the third print issue it looks like they are going underwater, probably to atlantis, so I doubt Aquaman is a member of the League in this universe. Similar to DCAU.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Hastily assembled? Wonder Woman says "last night" meaning, at minimum, they've had several hours to gather a team. They have a teleporter so getting there isn't a problem. These people they gathered have come from all over the planet and, as far as we know, a different plane of existence if Raven was grieving, they could've gotten anyone they wanted.

To be honest Aquaman is kinda to blame for a lot of shit here IMO... Why didnt he find the Joker's sub first , If he did Supes wouldnt have killed Lois .? Maybe that why they put him on a time-out from their JL meetings? lol

Aquaman had no way to hear this news so quickly if he's in Atlantis and, even if he did, had no way to tell if a common Submarine was housing the Joker. The team learned about it after a bit of investigating and Clark found it almost as soon as he found out so, again, what could Aquaman do?

On the cover of the third print issue it looks like they are going underwater, probably to atlantis, so I doubt Aquaman is a member of the League in this universe. Similar to DCAU.

This is beyond "who's on the Justice League", this is a "one of our fellow heroes' family was murdered by a madman, his city eviscerated and his parents taken by villains, we need to do everything we can to help". If he has no way to be contacted I understand that though.

Reedoms

Noob
He's probably got shit going down in Atlantis. The guy can't be all over the ocean 24/7.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This is beyond "who's on the Justice League", this is a "one of our fellow heroes' family was murdered by a madman, his city eviscerated and his parents taken by villains, we need to do everything we can to help". If he has no way to be contacted I understand that though.
Why would Aquaman give a shit though?

He can be kind of a selfish dick, if it doesn't directly effect atlantis, then who gives a fuck.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Why would Aquaman give a shit though?

He can be kind of a selfish dick, if it doesn't directly effect atlantis, then who gives a fuck.

Because his friend's wife and child were murdered and his parents taken. Even if he's a selfish dick he's still human, well, half-human.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Because his friend's wife and child were murdered and his parents taken. Even if he's a selfish dick he's still human, well, half-human.
Judging by how the Regime seems to be treating Aquaman in the trailers, I kinda doubt him and Supes are BFF's in this universe, even before shit goes down.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Judging by how the Regime seems to be treating Aquaman in the trailers, I kinda doubt him and Supes are BFF's in this universe, even before shit goes down.
That's a war with the Regime wanting to rule his territory, no helping a fellow hero out. Even if you aren't the best of friends with Supes this is on a whole different level of the regular shit that heroes go through.

Aquaman has his own kingdom to rule and protect. It's not like he is together with all the other leaguers all the time.
He also needs time to get to Metropolis from Atlantis D:

Comic books tend to do some weird, unexplainable shit. You shouldn't interprete a bigger plan from something like that, because it's probably nothing.

Aquaman has his ear on 3/4 of the Earth right where he is in the ocean. He's much more valuable to the investigation there.

Also, who's to say there aren't other teams out there hitting their information sources on the streets and looking? The comic just focused on what was ultimately relevant to the story...it doesn't rule out the possibility that there were other people looking.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
That's a war with the Regime wanting to rule his territory, no helping a fellow hero out. Even if you aren't the best of friends with Supes this is on a whole different level of the regular shit that heroes go through.
As I said before, it looks like they're going with DCAU characterization for him, and that means he gives no shits about anything unless it directly effects Atlantis in some way, and right now it doesn't.

He doesn't like other heroes, and only uses them when it is convenient for him.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Yea from the looks of it Aquaman is either the bigest opposition to the Supes' Dictatorship or if not the biggest, one of the biggest... But thats 5 + yrs later down the road from this issue i think.

trufenix

bye felicia
Issue 4 has Superman, WW, and GL obviously going to see Aquaman on the cover, so maybe he just doesn't know / care. THey all know that when Superman goes to the FoS to just leave him the fuck alone.

Chapter 2 showed only Cyborg, Flash, WW, and GL responding to the call about Lois and Superheroes don't tweet so its possible lots of people are either busy elsewhere or just waiting for information.

Yea from the looks of it Aquaman is either the bigest opposition to the Supes' Dictatorship or if not the biggest, one of the biggest... But thats 5 + yrs later down the road from this issue i think.
Aquaman mentions being on the brink of war before finally yielding to the regime, at which point he sees just what the treaty has in store and basically says, "This is bullshit, get out of my city."