What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic #11 is out!

SRP

Noob
Then all heroes are responsible for all evil in the world if it happens again is what you're saying?

Let me give you an example: Say your parents get you the dog you've been begging for that you're supposed to take care of yourself. Now, the dog has peed on the carpet and you reprimand it only for it to pee on the carpet again and again later on for weeks...Is it the parents fault just as much as yours that the dog keeps peeing on the carpet or is it only yours because the dog is your responsibility?
Let change your example to work with the Joker:Change that to a dog that constantly attacks people and no matter how many times I take him to obedience training continually takes a chunk out of people it gets around. People won't say, " Hey that is you dog do something about it." Either law enforcement gets called or someone shoots the dog. either way it gets taken care of.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Let change your example to work with the Joker:Change that to a dog that constantly attacks people and no matter how many times I take him to obedience training continually takes a chunk out of people it gets around. People won't say, " Hey that is you dog do something about it." Either law enforcement gets called or someone shoots the dog. either way it gets taken care of.

Let's do it in a way that further emphasizes my point: Let's say a mentally unstable person kills a few people and the judge/jury, based on evidence, say that he's not guilty by insanity and then is sentenced to a mental institute. Now, let's say the institute says he's rehabilitated and, through various references and such, he's released or whatever the process is. Now, let's say he goes on to kill again, is it the fault of the Judge/Jury for not sentencing him to death just as much as the people that evaluated him?

Edit: BTW, it is the owners responsibility to do something about the dog and, in the case that they're unable/unwilling to, outside forces step in.

SRP

Noob
Let's do it in a way that further emphasizes my point: Let's say a mentally unstable person kills a few people and the judge/jury, based on evidence, say that he's not guilty by insanity and then is sentenced to a mental institute. Now, let's say the institute says he's rehabilitated and, through various references and such, he's released or whatever the process is. Now, let's say he goes on to kill again, is it the fault of the Judge/Jury for not sentencing him to death just as much as the people that evaluated him?

Edit: BTW, it is the owners responsibility to do something about the dog and, in the case that they're unable/unwilling to, outside forces step in.
Granted we have tons of loop holes in our legal system that allow for some crazy outcomes. That said we are talking about people who are operating outside the law( yes I also know fictitious) who both supposedly cherish life and justice. I still don't feel that changes the fact that Clark didn't care about Joker till it was directly affecting him. He was content to let Joker run amok in Gotham, cause it wasn't Metropolis.

Well obviously Bruce is unwilling to, but doesn't change the fact that Clark didn't step up till he killed his baby's momma. He has know for years that Bruce wouldn't end the Joker. The closest he ever came was Jason Todd.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Granted we have tons of loop holes in our legal system that allow for some crazy outcomes. That said we are talking about people who are operating outside the law( yes I also know fictitious) who both supposedly cherish life and justice. I still don't feel that changes the fact that Clark didn't care about Joker till it was directly affecting him. He was content to let Joker run amok in Gotham, cause it wasn't Metropolis.

Well obviously Bruce is unwilling to, but doesn't change the fact that Clark didn't step up till he killed his baby's momma. He has know for years that Bruce wouldn't end the Joker. The closest he ever came was Jason Todd.

Of course he cares, Superman cares and cherishes all life but he wasn't policing the World, he policed Metropolis and, if a problem became big enough, he'd step in just like all other heroes. Bruce has blamed Flash for not reigning in the Rogues a long time ago when they were wrecking havoc in Gotham but I never blamed Bruce for not taking care of the Rogues himself years ago just like I don't blame Clark for taking care of the Joker himself years ago.

Clark never would've killed Joker either, the best he would've done is send him to the Phantom Zone or something. Bruce not only wouldn't kill Joker, he's actively SAVED the Joker on multiple occasions.

I like this story, as a big Batman fan, I admit that so far Superman is my favorite character. He's been more likable in this story to me, than ever before. I see where hes coming from and why he's doing it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I love all the "Aquaman sucks because he's Aquaman!" posts because they reside in the same circle of hell as "Batman wins because he's Batman!" posts.

It's the sixth circle of hell.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
I love all the "Aquaman sucks because he's Aquaman!" posts because they reside in the same circle of hell as "Batman wins because he's Batman!" posts.

It's the sixth circle of hell.
Nah I don't like Batman or how he wins through plot amor/plot induced stupidity but Aquman is just one of those heroes that are so lame(Captain America,Falcon,Thor,Shazam) to me that nothing they do would make me like them. Its all opinion tho obviously

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Please Mr. Taylor please say you're purposely making Supes sound like a crazy person.He just went and called Bruce gay,a bad father and the reason his family's dead.Good thing Alfred verbally bitchslapped the fool.
Motherloving Aquaman went all boss on the JL!I like this version of Arthur Curry alot!
And nice to see some Shazam action!I especially liked went he got shitless over the Kraken.
And boo to Wonder Woman continuing to be the worst character in the story.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Aquman is just one of those heroes that are so lame(Captain America,Falcon,Thor,Shazam) to me that nothing they do would make me like them. Its all opinion tho obviously
I suppose I see where you're coming from, it's just Aquaman is considerably not lame anymore, for me anyways. I think it's a shame the Falcon gets a bad rep, I mean he is boring as hell but there aren't enough cool POC superheroes.

As for Captain America, lame as hell for me but then again it's not my flag he's wrapped in.
(Not that it really matters, I mean Captain Britain is a massive tool)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That's the protector of the omniverse your speaking ill of.
I'm aware, and I think the whole "More confidence = more power" is a cool schtick, but other than that he has what is basically the standard operating system for supeheroes: strength/flight/durability. I know he's sort of like Captain America in that he's meant to be a representation of ideals, but in general he's unrelateable, especially when compared to other Brits like John Constantine/Peter Wisdom/Faiza Hussain.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I give Bats respect for punching him tho STRAIGHT BOSS.
I like to think Batman knew he would break his hand punching him and did it anyway.

Also you'd think Superman would be used to it, I mean he lost his entire planet, what's one or two more eh? (WARNING: This is a joke)

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Oh now we disrespecting the protector of the godamn omniverse?here thhe hell is the Marvel comics thread so I can bent!

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Bruce can handle Joker and Clark KNOWS Bruce can handle Joker as he always stops him so why should Clark step in? Also, why hasn't Bruce ever asked Clark to throw Joker in the phantom zone?
When Superman blames Bruce for never putting an end to the Joker, that could be applied to almost every hero and their villain, as well as Superman himself with Lex. So it's a bit hypocritical to act as if Batman is the only one to have this happen.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
When Superman blames Bruce for never putting an end to the Joker, that could be applied to almost every hero and their villain, as well as Superman himself with Lex. So it's a bit hypocritical to act as if Batman is the only one to have this happen.

Bruce doesn't need to kill Joker to "put an end to him", he could build a one man prison that no one but him knows about on the middle of some island or some crap. It may not hold the Joker forever but it definitely limits the amount of time he's free or opportunities to break out.