What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us Prequel Comic #11 is out!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Injustice: Gods Among Us prequel comic #11 released today, these prequel comics are written by the author of "The Deep", Tom Taylor, provide the fans of Injustice: Gods Among Us a back-story for the game.

In this issue many characters make an appearance, and the several story arcs start developing. You may notice a certain fan favorite hero making his big debut, he's sure to make a splash with his fan base.

The tension among Batman and Superman continues to burn, and viewpoints slowly start conflicting, slowly unraveling the mystery of the story for game's story. Make sure you purchase your copy to find out what happens!

To purchase visit link HERE!

EDIT: Karried

Attachments

RELEASE THE KRAKEN! ....always wanted to say that

So what did everyone think? Nothing new revealed here but I thought it was a well-written issue. Aquaman exploits his home field advantage, Superman tells off Batman, Batman breaks his hand on Superman, and Alfred takes a verbal jab at Superman.

I liked that Superman calls out Batman on mourning the loss of Joker...Batman denies anything but puts back on his mask, a sign that he's insecure w/ where the discussion is going, and Superman calls him on that too.

Also, much respect to Aquaman in this issue...liked the way he took WW to the deep and the line to Shazam, "Says the boy in a man's body using powers given to him by a wizard."

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Aquaman does really well in this.

I get a feeling that in his trailer, all we saw between them was before the insurgency.

Plus, hawkgirl is on supermans side, which puts luthor on batmans side.

Also... Superman, you did not just call Batman gay for the joker... glad Alfred dug into you.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think the Aquaman trailer stuff is after. After what happened this issue, they recognize his status as a threat and let him rule Atlantis and generally leave his stuff alone. Until Superman thinks he's powerful enough to make Aquaman "kneel".

Also god bless Alfred, I cannot say that enough.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
yeah it is, Batman is the role model / father figure ever, and I'm glad this book has taken the time out to highlight it.
I'm glad the book has pointed out that of late Superman is basically just a gigantic wanker. The character only really works because he has all this power and doesn't act like a tosser, and since the 52 reboot that's all he is.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I'm glad the book has pointed out that of late Superman is basically just a gigantic wanker. The character only really works because he has all this power and doesn't act like a tosser, and since the 52 reboot that's all he is.
Yeah new 52 seems to be going with the all Kryptonians are jerks sentiment...

This issue was exceptional, particularly the interaction between Batman and Superman. Superman confronts Batman with several character faults (strange relationship w/ Joker and failings as a father)...Batman is obviously insecure with these issues as shown by his lack of any real verbal defense, his body language of putting on and taking off his mask, and his lashing out and striking Superman. Superman also shows he's harboring a little resentment towards Batman for not handling Joker before this tragedy but he ultimately holds out his hand in friendship. Except for a blanket denial Batman doesn't really answer Superman's accusations and he instead succeeds in bringing the topic back to how Superman has been a tool lately imposing himself on the world... because of that he ultimately can't take Clark's hand as a symbolic sign of friendship/alliance. A lot was accomplished to advancing the story in just a few pages here!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think part of his lack of response is that:
A) There is nothing he could say or do, there never has been for "Why don't you just kill the Joker?!"

B) I think he's a bit afraid of Superman now. It's one thing to plan to take down Superman, your friend, it's always mind control or Kryptonite and ultimately the day is saved by "I know you're still in there Clark!".It is an entirely different thing to try and take down a Superman who is no longer a nice guy, who screams in your face, and who believes he is justified in what he is doing. I have seen Superman angry, and I've seen him in despair, but never have we really seen him like this, yelling & screaming, really losing his shit. And that is the scary part.

SRP

Noob
Kind of makes me wish they had used the sea creature Aquaman pulled out in this battle in his Super Move rather than a Shark. That would be awesome. Still the shark special is pretty cool.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Ummm... what is a wanker/tosser? Seriously....

I think part of his lack of response is that:
A) There is nothing he could say or do, there never has been for "Why don't you just kill the Joker?!"

B) I think he's a bit afraid of Superman now. It's one thing to plan to take down Superman, your friend, it's always mind control or Kryptonite and ultimately the day is saved by "I know you're still in there Clark!".It is an entirely different thing to try and take down a Superman who is no longer a nice guy, who screams in your face, and who believes he is justified in what he is doing. I have seen Superman angry, and I've seen him in despair, but never have we really seen him like this, yelling & screaming, really losing his shit. And that is the scary part.
Batman has defended his decisions with not killing Joker in the past with the "not wanting to start down an even darker path" line of logic...but maybe he just didn't do so here b/c he knew Superman was venting and wasn't in a state of mind to listen. Good point that there might be an element of fear there...Batman seems to be a guy that's always in control of any fears for his personal safety but there seems to be some open fear of his friend going to a dark place and fear of what this means for the rest of the world.

I think there is a ring of truth to what Superman was saying in regards to Bruce as a father figure though. Batman has seriously got to be one of the world's worst fathers.

A little off topic, I've never understood why society has never executed Joker. Is there just no death penalty in whatever state Gotham is in? Seriously, Joker is insane but he's not "criminally insane" to mean that he doesn't understand right from wrong and can't appreciate that death will be a consequence of many of his actions.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Ummm... what is a wanker/tosser? Seriously....
I guess if you're American/rest of the world it's like calling someone a jerk-off? I mean that's sort of the literal meaning, "one who wanks/tosses himself off/masturbates" but it sort of just means like jerk/asshole.

In fact wanker pretty much is the same as saying asshole, like if someone screws you over when your driving, wanker is the go-to English insult.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah new 52 seems to be going with the all Kryptonians are jerks sentiment...
I think its less of openly-douching them up and more taking away their humanity. These people aren't human, so the notion that they would be able to just understand the human condition is laughable. You would never think twice about running a red light or getting in a shouting match at a little league game or even taking the cookies out of the oven early if you had no idea what the shame of pain was.