What's new

Video/Tutorial Injustice - General zod move list with gameplay and analysis

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
other interesting things i noticed:
his 1 is plus 7 on block
his 3 is a ten frame mid thats plus 2 on block
and assuming were able to.. it would block strings will be canceled into his ex ground lazer

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'd wager a guess that his frame data is mediocre for one of two reasons.

1) Wraith probably makes a lot of stuff safe or gives you unblockable lulz.
2) he isn't released yet and little details like this are subject to change.

his 1 is plus 7 on block
While interesting, its not very good for Zod, mostly because he is reverse Adam, you want to block low and 1 is still a high. His 11d2 is a little more interesting to me as it ends on a low hit knockdown that is +5 on block. Or his f3 being +12, I know most are +, but I didnt think a lot were double digit. Other plus strings are 22 (12f mid,+1), b23 (20f mid, +2 I think this is the rifle but string at the end that he does twice then super, its 62 on hit which sounds like a launcher). For even more + we have MB air rifle +12 (air move so maybe more) and you mentioned mb ground laser and its beatiful +15.

I'd wager a guess that his frame data is mediocre for one of two reasons.
I dont think it looks that way at all.

1) Wraith probably makes a lot of stuff safe or gives you unblockable lulz.
Actually zod appears to have startup when doing the grab unlike the slash. Its probably a great way to keep an opponent in check though or get a ground blast if they fear ground blast.

how do you have this information was he already released or no?
Conan footage, release trailer and a variety of E3 footage, one of which contains all the frame data except jump moves.
I have it ask written down for easy reference but you can just watch trues vid to see it, I haven't had the time our patience to make a post containing it all yet
All of out is subject to change upon his release though, this is just his current state.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Alright, Zod is looking pretty damn cool, I am strongly considering buying him, which would be my first DLC character to actually buy in this game. Lobo, Batgirl, and Scorpion(And eventually awful DLC choice Super/Power Girl) can KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Seriously, Zod's trait looks like it'll mind fuck those defensive players. I can already see an awesome set up with up with it: Slow Shot with his Kyptonian Rifle, opponent will try to jump or block the hit and as they do that, use Zod's trait. Profit. Hell, just use Rifle MB so they'll be forced to block and end up getting hit with Zod's trait. :cool:
that voice <3
That ACCENT~
Mmmm~

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We know that the release of General Zod as a DLC character for Injustice is just around the corner, so before he makes his impact you may want to arm yourself with some basic knowledge for you to build upon when you purchase and play the character. To aid you with this effort, there is a full video analysis of General Zod's move list and gameplay in this ten-minute video for you to check out. Thanks to TrU3Ta1ent for uploading this to his channel for the public to see!

Attachments

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Apologies for the confusion. We noticed there were three threads created to address the release of this video, so I have merged all three of them. While I do thank the other two members who opened their threads, I have to ask you all again...

WHY YOU NO USE SEARCH ENGINE?!

I will let this one go, though, since...yeah, I forgot to use it myself or I would've just promoted one of the other two threads. Oh well. :oops:

Apologies for the confusion. We noticed there were three threads created to address the release of this video, so I have merged all three of them. While I do thank the other two members who opened their threads, I have to ask you all again...

WHY YOU NO USE SEARCH ENGINE?!

I will let this one go, though, since...yeah, I forgot to use it myself or I would've just promoted one of the other two threads. Oh well. :oops:

Its just a bit weird now with True being the OP but I think you replaced his text with that of the 3rd article? Got him speaking about himself in the 3rd person now.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Its just a bit weird now with True being the OP but I think you replaced his text with that of the 3rd article? Got him speaking about himself in the 3rd person now.

Which is why I added the line "Article edited by GamerBlake90" at the bottom so people don't get confused.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So Zod has a persona and reptile projectiles?

Pretty cool I guess, better than most zoners in this game.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I sort of have a few questions that might be stupid, but I was wondering if anyone could answer them, probably not until Zod comes out, but whatever.

So it's mainly to do with the trait. It spawns behind you right? So doesn't this cause a pretty big problem? You can't block back, if you duck you can get hit with the overhead bite... or if you can block back by holding the opposite direction from the wraith, you're left free for Zod either with regular attacks or projectiles?

Also I know the wraith follows, but does anyone know if it follows teleport?

So it's mainly to do with the trait. It spawns behind you right? So doesn't this cause a pretty big problem? You can't block back, if you duck you can get hit with the overhead bite... or if you can block back by holding the opposite direction from the wraith, you're left free for Zod either with regular attacks or projectiles?
I'd be pretty surprised if it actually counts as hitting from the other direction, I assume you just block from Zod's direction.

Also I know the wraith follows, but does anyone know if it follows teleport?

I don't think anyone knows yet, but it seems to trail slightly behind opponents when they are juggled but quickly normally. It might teleport to follow, be dismissed or just move quickly to catch up. We also haven't seen how it reacts when you crossup with Zod

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'd be pretty surprised if it actually counts as hitting from the other direction, I assume you just block from Zod's direction.

I don't think anyone knows yet, but it seems to trail slightly behind opponents when they are juggled but quickly normally. It might teleport to follow, be dismissed or just move quickly to catch up. We also haven't seen how it reacts when you crossup with Zod
I would hope his trait hits the opponent from behind, it would really shut down players who like to play keep away, and constantly throw interactables on stages like Watchtower and Metro Roof.

Any who, here is Zod's Parry for those who haven't seen it.

I would hope his trait hits the opponent from behind, it would really shut down players who like to play keep away, and constantly throw interactables on stages like Watchtower and Metro Roof.
With all the scorpion hub bub you don't see how worrying that would be? I would like to play this character :p

What I reallly like about that?

KNEEL *twists wrist*

BEFORE *Kicks back of the Knee*

ZOD *Elbow Breaker*

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I would hope so too, but my concerns are that it will count as a hit from behind... I mean logically why wouldn't it? It's literally from behind, like the teleport hit. It would be stupid but that's why I'm worried. Especially with an overhead attack option.
Yeah I didn't expect much of an answer to that... we really won't know until release... but I agree about the trailing thing.

I would hope so too, but my concerns are that it will count as a hit from behind... I mean logically why wouldn't it? It's literally from behind, like the teleport hit. It would be stupid but that's why I'm worried. Especially with an overhead attack option.
Because blocking is almost always done from the orientation of your opponent, not anything they summon or projectiles they make(I think Urien Aegis Reflector was one of the exceptions to this).

Stuff like morrigans mirror get blocked from her not her reflection despite that being the origin. Maybe some people more familiar with Jojos can say how its done there.
Another example coming to mind are games with assists, when the assists come from the other side you still block according to the orientation of the opponent.

Ofcourse NRS might have a completly lapse of sanity and not have it do that, but I really don't expect it.