What's new

Video/Tutorial Injustice - General zod move list with gameplay and analysis

iitRueii

Noob
We know that the release of General Zod as a DLC character for Injustice is just around the corner, so before he makes his impact you may want to arm yourself with some basic knowledge for you to build upon when you purchase and play the character. To aid you with this effort, there is a full video analysis of General Zod's move list and gameplay in this ten-minute video for you to check out. Thanks to TrU3Ta1ent for uploading this to his channel for the public to see!

NOTE: We have noticed three simultaneous threads created to address this topic, so in an effort to simplify things, we have merged all three. Thanks to the members who went out of their way to alert us about this video!

Article edited by GamerBlake90

Attachments

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i dont want to sound like a dick but you missed the most important info.. what are the moves on block anad what are their startups

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Trying to resist kneeling...but damn that Shang style rifle move, Me gusta.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
i dont want to sound like a dick but you missed the most important info.. what are the moves on block anad what are their startups
Let us do the fireballs first. I will exclude the recovery frames as they do not make any sense to me.

Side Arm (High Shots)
Start Up: 19
Hit Advantage: +15
Block Advantage: -14
MB: Fires three shots.
Notes: 9F slower than Deathstroke's High Shots but has much better recovery on block and whiff. Single shot though.

Regular Kryptonian Rifle (Force Ball)
Start Up: 35
Hit Advantage: Juggle
Block Advantage: -31
MB: Fires three Force Balls all in different angles.
Notes: Slower start up than Reptile's Force Ball. The recovery seems very long. This move appears to be fairly useless.

Aerial Regular Kryptonian Rifle (Aerial Force Ball)
Start Up: 22
Hit Advantage: Juggle
Block Advantage: -18
MB: Fires three Force Balls all in different angles.
Notes: Much slower than Cyborg's instant aerial nova blaster with more recovery frames. Superior to standing Force Ball.

Regular Ground Blast (Low Laser)
Start Up: 26
Hit Advantage: Knockdown (Juggle after charge)
Block Advantage: -18
MB: Multiple hits. Juggles. Advantage and probably lots of push back on block.
Notes: -18 on block = free slide. According to the game, can be charged and canceled. I am not sure what to believe of this move. All versions have the same recovery on block. I do not think the far version hits full screen.

Zod Charge (Charge Attack)
Start Up: 19
Hit Advantage: Knockdown
Block Advantage: -15
MB: Additional hits on hit. Can only be activated on hit.
Notes: Blockable throw with decent range. Limited recovery frames on whiff. Can be performed in the air too.

General Parry
Start Up: 3
MB: The parry is General Zod's only special move to lack an MB version.
Notes: At 3 frames, it is the slowest parry in the game.

Phantom Wraith (Trait)
Start Up: 5
Notes: Pressing 4 (13F) again punches. Pressing d,f+4 or d,b+4 (13F) bites. The bite is an overhead. This trait tracks the opponent's jump and back dash and could be one of the very best traits in the game depending on the cool down.

Other
- 9F jab
- 7F d+1
- 12F b+1. Low attack. Some strings start with this attack.
- 11F 2. Mid attack. Some strings start with this attack.
- 15F f+2. Low attack. Some strings start with this attack.
- No overheads aside from generic f+3 (31F) and bite (trait).

Impressions
I no longer believe that General Zod will be a pure zoning character. I will use him nonetheless. His gameplay may be similar to Reptile's.

AK Pig Of The Hut
Relaxedstate

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Grab chucks them full screen, 3 different speeds on the balls as well as anti-air with meter, wraith which basically makes the balls hella hard to block, air projectiles, most of his moves put them back full screen... AND a parry. I feel he is a zoner, but more so one with better answers up close against pressure. Parry beats scorp tele so he could be a good back-up.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
reptile spit is 20frames execution
the pistol is 19 frames..

forceballs are only 5 frames slower for zod so pretty much the same...

zods dash though slower is also -15 on block like reptiles dash...

ex zods dash also does 19 percent damage like reptiles ex

my character has arrived

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Grab chucks them full screen, 3 different speeds on the balls as well as anti-air with meter, wraith which basically makes the balls hella hard to block, air projectiles, most of his moves put them back full screen... AND a parry. I feel he is a zoner, but more so one with better answers up close against pressure. Parry beats scorp tele so he could be a good back-up.
I am skeptical. You will not be zoning anyone with a projectile that has 35 frames of start up, but we will have to see how good the other special moves are.

hey doom you probably dont remember my name on here but im a bane mainer as well and im always around the bane forums. but anyway its seems obvious that youll be using zod when he releases. just wanted to know if you had a 360 so we could play a bit and hopefully hit the lab when zod comes out.

Went through the list noting it down and not gonna write all right now, but some notables(Others m I ght beco e more notable depending on the hit box and all, this is purely based on frames. All in all I am very interested in Zod after running through.

Lows:
b1 12f -11 on block, b12 -8 or b123 for -7. Never really safe, but if any are special cancellable BF3 is -1.
f2 is 15f, -4 and has 2 strings, f21u23 is -20, f213 is -4, seems like a nice hit confirm.
d3 doesn't seem notable, range might change that (15f -11)
11d2 ends on a low, not really notable other than I guess its that cold breath string from the trailer.
Ground blast was mentioned by m2dave.

Overheads:
f3 is 31f +12 and you know, its his f3.
213 ends on an overhead thats -8. Maybe it's a mixup if you cancel 1 into ground laser, but I fear it might be too obvious. Unless 21 looks very similar to 11 that might be another tricky thing. -8 isn't fun though.
MB Air rifle is a 26f (22+4mb) overhead so I guess its the second shot, probably easy to block.
Trait grab is as mentioned an overhead, 13f startup. This has my interest. A lot.

Other stuff:
d12 is our fastest starter and is minus 1, combined with bf3 (if 2 is cancellable) is a simple check.
22 is 11f and +1. Really curious about this strings range. Has a throw followup thats probably a hit grab as its -8 on block.
Air zod charge (bf2) has 1f startup. Curious about IAing this :3.
Zods super is 12f. This really got my attention as it's the first super not to be triple digits so I guess they revised frame counting methods which could mean a lot to everyone. It also makes me have a lot more faith in the accuracy of everything I just listed.

Now, rise before Zod.

Good. Kneel before Zod.

ZOD.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I am skeptical. You will not be zoning anyone with a projectile that has 35 frames of start up, but we will have to see how good the other special moves are.
i think you could be wrong.. like reptile just get one goood trade with spit and get a slow fb out and he could outzone almost anyone. im just worried on its recover frames. i think the start up is fine