What's new

INJUSTICE: GAU Game Review by Maximilian

trufenix

bye felicia
But back to the fucking topic, I know who Maximilian is because it's hard to miss it when every fart he makes is somehow "newsworthy" but unlike you and the rest of the idiotic sheep I'm not elevating him to something he's not (that is- an authority), and if you watch his matches and think that's high level then you are really ignorant about fighting games.
It's newsworthy because there's nobody else out there putting out content for the casuals and scrubs to become anything more than that. Because people can watch a goofy Maximillian video about any game and actually get interested in the genre without some old dinosaur telling them they don't belong cause they aren't top 8 and they never cut their teeth on some ancient standard.

The dude is humble and open and informative and he's doing it all for the love of the game, so what the fuck is so wrong with having it on the front page of the sites where people go to learn about fight games?

Or are you just salty that he's popular and your prophets aren't?

Actually, I've been placing well in tournaments for various fighting games (SF, Guilty Gear, Tekken, and in Tekken's case this also includes 1st place at the T5 nationals and 2nd place at the T6 nationals) since 2004, which is way before 2009, before all the scrubs and stream monsters came in droves and people started using the term "FGC", before the scene turned into a total circus, and way before anyone knew who the fuck Maximilian is. You can look for my nickname in other FG forums that existed from way before you ever gave a shit about this genre, starting from tekken zaibatsu, dustloop, SRK etc. and if you try really hard you can also find tournament footage of me playing the aforementioned games. So again your assumption was wrong.

But back to the fucking topic, I know who Maximilian is because it's hard to miss it when every fart he makes is somehow "newsworthy" but unlike you and the rest of the idiotic sheep I'm not elevating him to something he's not (that is- an authority), and if you watch his matches and think that's high level then you are really ignorant about fighting games.
Before I gave a shit about this genre? My first console was the atari 2600.. I've played and loved fighting games ever since boxing on the atari 2600.. So you playing fighters since 2004 means nothing..

Why dont come down off of your high horse.. You had to start some where and you were a noob at one point. Stop trying to look down on everyone. You give the competitive crowd a bad name... Max knows the ends and outs and fundamentals of fighting game mechanics.. He is not a casual fighting game player in the sense that he knows his shit and played competitively at one pioint..

From the start of this conversation all you have done is make yourself look bad.. You put down people you know nothing about while trying to make yourself look better than.. You get called out on it and all you do is continue to do the same thing.. Your Ego is too big for the internet.. So yeah keep it up.. Keep trolling.. It speaks volumes for your character..

Reactions: SPY

RYX

BIG PUSHER
you guys will bitch about anything.

pretty well-known youtube guy shares his thoughts? "NOPE WHO DA FUCK R U LAWL" -random scrub 2013

sea_guy

Monitor
Oh, so you've seen it!? The mythical bar that separates those who are allowed to talk about video games from the rest of us? I beg you, tell me its location so that I may gaze upon it.
Everyone's allowed to talk about video games. Everyone's also allowed to make fun of a Maximilian review getting front-paged.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
He is completely right about sound design.

Music is bad and its always so low, you can never hear it.

It was a huge complaint of mine in MK9.

The announcer is another one, game just doesn't have the audio hype of basically any other fighting game ever, I know what they were trying to go for with Injustice and I can sorta see it, but it doesn't excuse MK9's lame ass announcer.

Komatose

The Prettiest
you guys will bitch about anything.

pretty well-known youtube guy shares his thoughts? "NOPE WHO DA FUCK R U LAWL" -random scrub 2013
I should make a video sharing my thoughts on Marvel. "I CANNOT DO ANY COMBOS, BUT THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT." like he did with MK. No.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

The announcer is another one, game just doesn't have the audio hype of basically any other fighting game ever, I know what they were trying to go for with Injustice and I can sorta see it, but it doesn't excuse MK9's lame ass announcer.
Can't you increase the background music and lower the character SFX? I know you could in MK; I don't see the problem there but I've always heard fine(And I have really bad hearing problems on my left)

I like the announcer but it needs more hype to it.

Komatose

The Prettiest

As much as I like game soundtracks, we are playing the game to play it. Not listen to the background music. Please...

As much as I like game soundtracks, we are playing the game to play it. Not listen to the background music. Please...
I agree with you on that part.. his review was a bunch of nit picking with a oh I kinda like it at the end of the review.. his review was lame not because he is some casual noob but because he didnt say what he liked about it the whole time and then gives it a 4/5 at the end..

Komatose

The Prettiest
I agree with you on that part.. his review was a bunch of nit picking with a oh I kinda like it at the end of the review.. his review was lame not because he is some casual noob but because he didnt say what he liked about it the whole time and then gives it a 4/5 at the end..
Lol. No comment.

tataki

Noob
SadisticIV- My tournament performance means nothing because you loved Atari 2600 boxing? Ok bro... I merely responded to your assumption that I'm new to the scene because I don't give a shit about recent bad trends and see things as they are.

It's newsworthy because there's nobody else out there putting out content for the casuals and scrubs to become anything more than that.
There's nobody else putting tutorials and footage you can learn from? Are you really serious with the shit you are saying? Maybe you are just too lazy to do the minimal work of searching and you'd rather live in a simple world where Maximilian spoon-feeds you with half-assed info? The problem is that you end up ignorant, when instead you could look for BETTER, SPECIALIZED sources to learn from...

Just an example:
Let's say you wanna learn to play Lilith in Vampire Savior. You have 2 options:
1. Watch Maximilian scrub it out on his channel and learn from that.
2. Find the actual sources to learn and discuss the game (mizuumi wiki, dustloop's subforum), talk with actual VSav players, learn of the name "Kaji" (the best Lilith player) and study his footage, while using the aid of said VSav players to fill the holes you don't understand from the footage.

I'm sure most people will never bother with option #2, because for them option #1 is more than enough (and they are not really interested in becoming good at the games) which is sad. But if someone already comes here to TYM, why does he need Maximilian's vids if he already has access to the real deal in here? What it does is elevating the noob entry level that should be left behind. I think it goes against the community's goal of having more PLAYERS, and not just spectators.

Remember S1LENT1 and Tom Brady's stream show for MK9? We need more of THAT, but you need to encourage people to make this content by giving them the message that quality and effort will be given the deserved spotlight, not just internet celebdom.

Lol. No comment.
What I already said this at post #18.. His review sucked.. It wasnt because he lacks knowledge of fighting game mechanics or never been around the competitive scene. Itsbecause he didnt have anything positive to say about the game but then gave it a 4/5

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Music is a big part of peoples enjoyment of a video game, if I'm going to be playing this game for 100's of hours, then the soundtrack to me is very important.

What's weird is MK in the past has been pretty hype with its announcer and music, MK2-4 sounded fantastic, I still listen to some of the MK3 songs to this day.

SadisticIV- My tournament performance means nothing because you loved Atari 2600 boxing? Ok bro... .
Your tournament performance means nothing in the sense that you are no better than anyone else thats a fan of fighting games, new or not... You deserve no more or less respect than Max... my whole point from the start is that you dont know what you are talking about and you shouldnt comment on things you know nothing about..

You want someone to respect your tournament performance yet you have no respect for others...

Komatose

The Prettiest
Music is a big part of peoples enjoyment of a video game, if I'm going to be playing this game for 100's of hours, then the soundtrack to me is very important.

What's weird is MK in the past has been pretty hype with its announcer and music, MK2-4 sounded fantastic, I still listen to some of the MK3 songs to this day.
Well, it must be just me then. I honestly do not even notice any music when I am playing a game... Not even joking. I guess I am really focused on what I am doing in the game... Instead of the music... No offense.

tataki

Noob
You deserve no more or less respect than Max...
It's not about respect but about what's worthy for front page spotlight. If it were the same insight Maximilian has, but coming from an unknown mouth, it would never get front page'd, which is exactly my point. I'd rather focus on expertise in the content, not on the identity of the speaker, especially when the speaker has no actual credit.

And if you wanna talk about "respect", well, Arturo for example has earned his with great performance in multiple games, MK9 among them, so when it comes to the newest NRS titles, he is more than qualified for the job and I know I can trust the info he provides. With Maximilian though, you can't trust anything and he is very misleading at times. Even helping noobs requires expertise.

It's not about respect but about what's worthy for front page spotlight. If it were the same insight Maximilian has, but coming from an unknown mouth, it would never get front page'd, which is exactly my point. I'd rather focus on expertise in the content, not on the identity of the speaker, especially when the speaker has no actual credit.

And if you wanna talk about "respect", well, Arturo for example has earned his with great performance in multiple games, MK9 among them, so when it comes to the newest NRS titles, he is more than qualified for the job and I know I can trust the info he provides. With Maximilian though, you can't trust anything and he is very misleading at times. Even helping noobs requires expertise.
No your point was to discredit Max by saying he is just some random noob that plays casually and has no clue about fighting game mechanics.. and that he only gets front page because he is a internet celeb.. And I pointed out that you are wrong and dont know what you are talking about..

he is not a casual noob.. He has played in tournaments and knows the ins and outs of fighting games and fighting game mechanics.. He has played with pros and is known... No one would get the front page if they were not known even if they are the best fighting game player ever.. If no one knows them then they wouldnt get the pront page of anything.. lol

Like I said, If you want to bash him about something then bash him on the lack of knowing/playing NRS fighters.. At least then that would be factual... I wouldnt have typed anything if you said, why does Max get the front page when he never even plays NRS fighters..

tataki

Noob
I said what I had to say, and you just keep going in circles because you have no real argument to back you up. You also keep sidetracking and then blaming me for it. Like how you said and I quote:
So yeah I sure he can beat you in matches in any fighting game.. I dont hear anyone talking about how good you are..
So YOU changed the subject from the topic, to a personal pissing match, to which I replied with actual credentials about my level of skill, and then you really have no answer to that so you resort to "You are an elitist jerk! wah wah QQ!" so arguing with you was never an actual debate, because you keep attacking me personally and sidetracking instead of addressing the points.

If Maximilian finds some awesome tech for the game before anyone else, post it on the front page, but his "review" of the game and plain online/offline sessions do not deserve to be here. (BTW they also don't deserve to be on SRK's front page but all the fanboys are there so they do it purely to get views and money, but putting it here makes zero sense because those fanboys don't care for NRS and TYM in particular.)

I'm done here and if you want to discuss this matter then open a real thread about it in the forums.

I said what I had to say, and you just keep going in circles .
I didnt change the subject.. what you said was wrong.. PERIOD and I pointed it out.. You changed the subject because you didnt want to admit you were wrong...

Being popular on youtube doesn't suddenly make you an expert in a field, and he isn't an expert in any game. He doesn't know the games or plays them better than your average joe, which is why he has no place in a "hardcore" website. This is the same logic as caring about what an IGN reviewer thinks about the game...
Again you are wrong here.. He vey much knows fighting game mechanics and how they work.. He has years of playing fighting games under his belt and he also played/plays them competitivly.. If he takes the time to teach the average joe about fighting game mechanics then his is a expert.. Also can you point me in the direction to a casual fighting game site? This is a fighting game site.. It not a hardcore or casual fighting game site.. You are making up these labels..

My point from the very begining was that he knows fighting games and you were wrong to label him a casual noob. You dont want to admit you were wrong about that so this conversation goes in circles because of that.. You nit picked my post to turn it into a fight about your skill lvl..

There are plenty of boxing/MMA coaches that have not won championship belts but they know the boxing game inside and out and they coach boxers/mma guys.. they are still experts..

tataki

Noob
I watched his shit and I think he isn't an expert and he's misleading. You think I'm wrong and he is an expert. If his "knowledge" and views are enough for you then there's nothing I can do about it, but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather give this attention to more knowledgeable players who teach you better, despite being unknown faces -- and yes, they are out there. End of story and you go your way while I'll go mine.

Peace out.

I watched his shit and I think he isn't an expert and he's misleading. You think I'm wrong and he is an expert. If his "knowledge" and views are enough for you then there's nothing I can do about it, but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather give this attention to more knowledgeable players who teach you better, despite being unknown faces -- and yes, they are out there. End of story and you go your way while I'll go mine.

Peace out.
So watching just one of his videos and it makes you the expert on him now? I pointed out that you were wrong and you are.. you know there are a bunch of people that post tips/tricks/guides for fighters.. Even vids.. For example James Chen.. He never wins any majors but he is very knowledgeable on fighters and can teach anyone the ins and outs of fighting game mechanics.. But with your logic he is just a casual noob because he doesnt place top 8 and his knowledge shouldnt be taken seriously because he is not "hardcore" enough for you..

You're just an elitist prick with way too much pride.. Your character is poor and you make the FGC look bad..

tataki

Noob
So watching just one of his videos and it makes you the expert on him now? I pointed out that you were wrong and you are.. you know there are a bunch of people that post tips/tricks/guides for fighters.. Even vids.. For example James Chen.. He never wins any majors but he is very knowledgeable on fighters and can teach anyone the ins and outs of fighting game mechanics.. But with your logic he is just a casual noob because he doesnt place top 8 and his knowledge shouldnt be taken seriously because he is not "hardcore" enough for you..

You're just an elitist prick with way too much pride.. Your character is poor and you make the FGC look bad..
You keep showing your ignorance in the genre and the scene with every comment you make, and keep resorting to insulting me.

I have watched more than enough of Maximilian's shit since 2011. Show me videos where Maximilian goes into high level nuanced stuff please and for every fighting game he covers. Not just combos and casual sessions.

Regarding James Chen- The fighting game scene existed from before 2009, and SF4 isn't the only game out there, you clown. He was arguably the best American Cammy in ST and he wrote extensive system guides for XVSF, CVS2 etc. and he also made amazing combo videos back in the day.

It's YOU who is degrading anything and anyone with your complete lack of knowledge. Maybe you've been playing Atari 2600 boxing but you really show that your familiarity with the scene begins and ends with Maximilian and all the post-'09 stuff.

At this point your ego can't allow you to not say the last word so I'm going to ignore the next comment you make and stop wasting my time on your sorry ass.

If anyone else who reads this wants alternative sources of info for various fighting games, please contact me via PM and I'll be happy to help.