What's new

General/Other Injustice - First Screenshots of Black Adam

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Heel face revolving door.
Well we don't know yet, the game isn't out and you asked. He could very well be on both sides depending on the part of the game like clearly we've seen GL, Flash and Lex switch sides via the storyline trailers...so I won't be surprised if there's more characters who started off on one side then go to the other.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
*See's Black Adam's stance*

My favorite DC villain is in the game, AND THEY DIDN'T FUCK HIM UP.

Allah be praised.

I'm not even Muslim.

The only thing that could make that stance any better would be to give him some crackling electric surges popping off every once in a while, to show that he's overflowing with energy.

SZSR

Noob
You guys fucking bitch a lot.

And like them or not, Doomsday and Bane have a huge following. Some of you guys want some extremely fruity characters added to this game. Jesus. Casual fans of DC are much more likely to buy a game with RECOGNIZABLE names other than some of the nonsense I see people begging for here.

I couldn't be happier with everything I've seen from this game, thus far. And stop acting like ANY of you aren't buying this shit the day it comes out. It's essentially sort of a new MK game with just a bunch of badass DC characters.

And who knows what will come via DLC? Calm the fuck down, everyone.
Not to mention TDKR has people on a Bane-high. Same thing happened with MKDC getting released the same year as TDK and Joker being such a poster boy with Batman and shit.
*This whole sentence means i'm agreeing with you on characters having huge followings merits their inclusion in the game, if that wasn't clear enough.

I'm mostly looking forward to DLC and what characters we'll see down the road.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
great design he looks hella Egyptian and i hope tht Billy kicks his ass in the story he is not worthy to have the powers of the wizard.
SHAZAM!!!

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Black Adam is, in a word, strange. He’s not exactly a rushdown character and yet not exactly a zoner either. He has traps that he can place on the ground, but they are very small and don’t do much for area denial. Instead, I found that it’s best to use these abilities after a combo that ends in a knockdown to set up oki mix-ups.

Adam has a number of electricity based moves as well, which cause a shock hit-state. Shock is one of the many types of special hit-states in Injustice that can increase your opponent’s hit-stun beyond normal amounts. Adam’s bolts are slow, though, and at first glance only seem to be effective as combo extenders. But that’s not saying they don’t have potential, as there’s likely a bit of tech hidden here that will come out with extended experimentation.

One thing I noticed was that Adam’s aerial normals came out at weird angles. He has a downward kick with both legs that hits almost completely vertically, which I found to be hard to connect with on jump-ins. It does have a hit-box on the back that made for some interesting cross-ups, but the arc was so weird that I simply had more luck approaching from the ground.

Adam’s trait button (described at the demo as the “superhero power” button) summons three orbs of electricity that rotate around him, similar to Vergil’s spiral swords in UMvC3 but with a couple key differences. First of all, while they do damage to the opponent on contact, they do not put the opponent into hit-stun. More importantly, they nullify opponent’s attacks and projectiles, making it an amazing tool for getting in on other zoners, especially when used with his aforementioned traps.

I feel as if Black Adam is a character who will take a longer amount of time to accurately nail down. He isn’t a simple character to use, that’s for sure. I was impressed with the unique toolset that he had, but I just couldn’t get it to work with the time I had with him. I’m looking forward to trying him out further when the game releases, if only because his gameplay archetype is so non-standard.
To think that I was one of the people saying Black Adam is a waste of a slot, and on the raven train. Now that both are revealed, I'll be definitely maining Black Adam over Raven. Funny how things work out.

EDIT: Then I read the SRK article. Damn, my mains keep changing. Atleast now I know I'll be using both of them for sure though.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Yo thats his stance?

Im also liking the alt to, i think since shazam is my main with GL, i should atleast try him out.

He looks great, NRS is going hard

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My only complaint about his look so far is that in his main costume his clothes look very modern/futuristic, the fabrics I mean.

While they didn't go retarded with it like they did Shazam i'm still not completely in love with it.

They did do a good job of capturing his sexiness though.

*See's Black Adam's stance*

My favorite DC villain is in the game, AND THEY DIDN'T FUCK HIM UP.

Allah be praised.

I'm not even Muslim.

The only thing that could make that stance any better would be to give him some crackling electric surges popping off every once in a while, to show that he's overflowing with energy.
Game isn't out yet so you never know they just might give that to him. I mean giving the fighter an "aura of power" is something the MK team is pretty good at, just look at the particle effects for Smoke and Sub-Zero.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Gameplay trailer.

Fucking now.

edit: seriously. I really have to see this. I love his canon powers. People think Flash is broken.

"Immortality" is just power number one here.
Black Adam is indeed busted. Like REALLY BUSTED haha. I love it though. I can't wait for a gameplay trailer myself.