What's new

General/Other Injustice - First Screenshots of Black Adam

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
oh ok - well let's hope that maybe they'll announce a Demo at with just 4 characters would totally make me happy :D and also now that they have revealed Black Adam (who we already knew was in) they can maybe reveal someone we didn't know about next time lol

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I AM FREAKING DONE - THIS IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING ELSE I HEARD BEFORE
Throughout, you'll interact with not just the playable characters, but a large roster of cameos as well - everyone from Martian Manhunter to Hugo Strange to Kilowog can be found in the backgrounds of scenes (and some of them can help you out during battles).
They made J'onn into some second class character as a cameo -

EDIT - SOURCE : http://www.newsarama.com/games/injustice-gods-among-us-hands-on.html

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
I've been on the Harley train since the second the game was announced. Plus, there was no name I could use that didn't sound SUPER racist also being an Adam...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
i think hes against superman since shazam is on superman side
He's seen fighting alongside Hawkgirl whose on Superman's side, and he's seen alongside Yellow Hal, Hawkgirl, and Superman in the Aquaman trailer.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Black Adam is one of the few guys who can go toe to toe with Supes or give him trouble much like Deathstroke gives Batman issues...

I'm curious, I like Shazam since he kind of looks like Raiden(gameplay wise), Black Adam I have a feeling will be more like a Sith with the lightning as oppose to Shazam. I look forward to him, I might main him especially if people have no interest in him.

MoldMan

Noob
Black Adam is, in a word, strange. He’s not exactly a rushdown character and yet not exactly a zoner either. He has traps that he can place on the ground, but they are very small and don’t do much for area denial. Instead, I found that it’s best to use these abilities after a combo that ends in a knockdown to set up oki mix-ups.

Adam has a number of electricity based moves as well, which cause a shock hit-state. Shock is one of the many types of special hit-states in Injustice that can increase your opponent’s hit-stun beyond normal amounts. Adam’s bolts are slow, though, and at first glance only seem to be effective as combo extenders. But that’s not saying they don’t have potential, as there’s likely a bit of tech hidden here that will come out with extended experimentation.

One thing I noticed was that Adam’s aerial normals came out at weird angles. He has a downward kick with both legs that hits almost completely vertically, which I found to be hard to connect with on jump-ins. It does have a hit-box on the back that made for some interesting cross-ups, but the arc was so weird that I simply had more luck approaching from the ground.

Adam’s trait button (described at the demo as the “superhero power” button) summons three orbs of electricity that rotate around him, similar to Vergil’s spiral swords in UMvC3 but with a couple key differences. First of all, while they do damage to the opponent on contact, they do not put the opponent into hit-stun. More importantly, they nullify opponent’s attacks and projectiles, making it an amazing tool for getting in on other zoners, especially when used with his aforementioned traps.

I feel as if Black Adam is a character who will take a longer amount of time to accurately nail down. He isn’t a simple character to use, that’s for sure. I was impressed with the unique toolset that he had, but I just couldn’t get it to work with the time I had with him. I’m looking forward to trying him out further when the game releases, if only because his gameplay archetype is so non-standard.

MKF30

Deathstroke doesn't give Batman troubles, he destroys him.
Deathstroke is Batman on steroids.
Well, I don't know about "destroys" lol but he definitely beats Batman more often then not. Only guy that really destroyed Batman(not counting Super powered people obviously) was Bane and that was also an exhausted, tired Batman then later on Batman handed Bane his ass.

Well, I don't know about "destroys" lol but he definitely beats Batman more often then not. Only guy that really destroyed Batman(not counting Super powered people obviously) was Bane and that was also an exhausted, tired Batman then later on Batman handed Bane his ass.
Yes and Deathstroke took a fresh Batman on and simply beat the crap out of him, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
Deathstroke is a 2-3 tonner, who is faster and more agile, who uses 90% of his brain capacitiy, which makes him a better strategist and tactician in the heat of the battle. He has a healing factor and recovers from damage faster because of that and he doesn't get tired as soon as Batman would, because of the increased stamina.

MKF30

Yes and Deathstroke took a fresh Batman on and simply beat the crap out of him, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
Deathstroke is a 2-3 tonner, who is faster and more agile, who uses 90% of his brain capacitiy, which makes him a better strategist and tactician in the heat of the battle. He has a healing factor and recovers from damage faster because of that and he doesn't get tired as soon as Batman would, because of the increased stamina.
Well, DS is also amped and possess super human strength and heals well. Batman is just a peak human, with prep it's comparable and I'm sure Batman could take him being as how he had plans that took out the JL (people who would own DS if they wanted to) so I think honestly, random encounter DS would beat Batman and has. With prep, while DS is also smart Batman can take him I'm sure considering what he's done in the past with prep...Batman is dangerous with prep to nearly anyone.

I'm sure Batman with powers too would beat DS though knowing how smart Batman is. Such as when he had the yellow ring.