What's new

Injustice - Finish-Him.com Meets up w/ Hector Sanchez and will release new info on March 19th

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Did he just say that european players will be able to play with american players on the X-Box 360? (Sounds like that feature is not available for the PS3)

Wow.
He did, glad I have an xbox...
For those who don't know what we're talking about, I moved the Hector interviews to Hellbly's preview thread.

Justice

Noob
Oh god... I really really REALLY hope not.

I don't want to bring up the old "Injustice Demo?" thread again to explain to everyone why a demo is a risky and potentially fatal idea for Injustice's skeptical competitive players that are on the fence on how to treat Injustice.

Damn... I seriously am scared now. I really hope it's not a demo. Star lab missions, a character reveal, online youtube features, ANYTHING but a demo.
The developer can't win with a question like this. Releasing a demo allows for behaviour as you suggested. NOT releasing a demo is arguably more dangerous since in the court of public opinion (myself included) the verdict is that "even the devs know it's a shitty game. Why else won't they let us have at it?"

C-Sword

Noob
Part 1 translated by C-Sword

The music and sound effects contribute highly to the atmosphere of the game. We were stunned by the quality of the game soundtrack. From a car explosion to The Joker's laugh, everything is on point, we're tempted to set the volume to the maximum. Graphic wise, it looks nothing like the build shown in Paris. The game looks amazing. Personally, I think it looks better than MK or Street Fighter. The stages are more diverse, some are very dark (The Factory, Arkham Asylum), while others are very bright (The Street, Aquaman's Throne).

A complete training mode. It is similar to what we usually get in fighting games, but with the frame data shown for every attack, what hits high, what hits low, what's an overhead, the best anti-airs etc...
It will allow us to compete on a higher level.

S.T.A.R. Labs is a new mode, it contains missions that give us rewards for completing them. For example, we play as Catwoman's cat, we have to avoid being detected by flash light carrying cops, it's extremely fun. There's another mission that involves Shazam and Black Adam that gives the victory to the player performing the longest combo. Each character has approximately 20 missions. Another mission has Catwoman stealing the Batmobile.

The wager system has been tweaked, it can only be activated after our first life bar has been depleted, it can be used to counter a Super or break a combo. It might take a while getting used to it, it's still a great addition overall.

Special moves can be charged by pressing R2 when they're about to hit the opponent, the timing is more strict than the ex attacks in MK, they do play with the mind of your opponent, cause he won't know if it will be boosted version of the move or not until he gets hit.

C-Sword

Noob
The Joker

His attacks hurt a lot. However, I can confirm to you right now, he's difficult to master, his combos rely mostly on the bombs he gets after gaining meter. To sum it up, he throws bombs. He also drops automatic *jaws*on the ground, you get launched in the air for a combo when you step and get bit by one.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The developer can't win with a question like this. Releasing a demo allows for behaviour as you suggested. NOT releasing a demo is arguably more dangerous since in the court of public opinion (myself included) the verdict is that "even the devs know it's a shitty game. Why else won't they let us have at it?"

Oh come on, think about that. Do people really think the game is shitty because they are holding it back from us? The majority of games don't have demos even if they are teased as much as this one.

Fighting games are really fragile when it comes to the appeal of the competitive gamer. Losing them would be not losing a "huge" audience, but an important one. Not coming out with a demo would seriously not lose practically any sales. If they do come out with a demo, I would suggest coming out with one on PSN and XboxLive after the actual release.

Fighting games are really fragile when it comes to the appeal of the competitive gamer. Losing them would be not losing a "huge" audience, but an important one. Not coming out with a demo would seriously not lose practically any sales.
It wouldn't lose the competetive gamers at all, because competetive gamers are into fighting games. I guess most of them buy basically every single fighting game, simply to own it, or also to check it out and look if they could do few things with the game and make money in the process.

The Injustice demo wouldn't change anything for the competetive scene and the casual scene probably doesn't even matter, of it it matters then the demo might even be a bad move, because people could try Injustice, maybe think that the game is too complicated for them with the combos and so on and skip it, but this is now wishy-washy, since Mortal Kombat 9 obviously sold well and with Injustice having some pretty big names like Superman and Batman it could / should even surpass it.

There is no need for a demo and as someone already stated it before ... the main reason why people on this board want a demo is to play the game earlier, but unfortunately they behave stupid and try to justify it with other reasons, which is really silly.

Justice

Noob
Oh come on, think about that. Do people really think the game is shitty because they are holding it back from us? The majority of games don't have demos even if they are teased as much as this one.

Fighting games are really fragile when it comes to the appeal of the competitive gamer. Losing them would be not losing a "huge" audience, but an important one. Not coming out with a demo would seriously not lose practically any sales. If they do come out with a demo, I would suggest coming out with one on PSN and XboxLive after the actual release.
MK9 had one and it sold how many units? 'nuff said.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
MK9 had one and it sold how many units? 'nuff said.
Okay, thread derail incoming:

MK9 sold well because it is an MK game. The millions that bought the game weren't tournament players. Thousands of potential tournament players played the demo, learned about stuff like this video and saw that there was bugs and inbalance when the game first released and deamed "NRS doesn't know how to make fighting games". The fact that there was improper frame data and no-trade system in the demo or the actual game didn't help either.

Not to mention this:

You could patch the real game when it comes out, but you can't patch a demo. If there is broken and just stupid things in the demo that impression on the game will linger at the release of the actual game for the tournament players. They will be hesistent to actually buy the game, knowing that NRS already flubbed the demo.

Literally thousands of people were laughing at the MK9 demo around the world. I remember there was a video of two well known Japanese players that downloaded the MK9 demo and were doing ONE OF Johnny Cage's block infinites and were just laughing and laughing and laughing. And that video had almost 20,000 views too alongside thousands of comments on how Americans can't make fighting games.

Again, I'm not saying it'll affect sales because casuals will always bring up sales. MK because of it's fans even brought about completely new competitive players strictly because they were fans of MK. But it would run the risk of having the current audience of competitive players look away hesitantly.

"nuff said"?

I remember there was a video of two well known Japanese players that downloaded the MK9 demo and were doing ONE OF Johnny Cage's block infinites and were just laughing and laughing and laughing. And that video had almost 20,000 views too alongside thousands of comments on how Americans can't make fighting games.

"nuff said"?
UMVC3 is still has a bunch of infinites.

"Nuff said."

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
UMVC3 is still has a bunch of infinites.

"Nuff said."
The way MvC3 works is completely different come on lol. One hit practically always equals death for a character in that game by a well made team anyhow. Infinites can't break those kinds of games.

If Street Fighter 4 had practical infinites done in every single match do you think competitive players would still play that game?

Justice

Noob
Okay, thread derail incoming:

MK9 sold well because it is an MK game. The millions that bought the game weren't tournament players. Thousands of potential tournament players played the demo, learned about stuff like this video and saw that there was bugs and inbalance when the game first released and deamed "NRS doesn't know how to make fighting games". The fact that there was improper frame data and no-trade system in the demo or the actual game didn't help either.
So you're saying that MK is more popular than the DCU? While I appreciate the epeen-stroke for MK, I think it's a little arrogant to assume that Injustice would sell worse than MK with a bad demo.

As far as the rest of it goes, that's gamers today. Those same criticisms are lodged against every game that's been made since the NES days almost. And NRS has already fixed the last point by including the frame data this time around so I don't see what the problem is.

But it would run the risk of having the current audience of competitive players look away hesitantly.

"nuff said"?
You mean those same tournament players that are reviving SFxT? There is a game that was dead and buried at least 6 months ago and while it's no where near as popular as any other Capcom game yet, it's not dead anymore for sure.

Competative players don't look away, we sit back and watch. Hell, I think even Digimon said he'd suport MK again if it got patched. Same thing here. If Injustice drops with bugs and infinites (which it will) the competative players will bitch but also read the patch notes intently.

A broken game can be fixed but a bad game..... well......:coffee:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So you're saying that MK is more popular than the DCU? While I appreciate the epeen-stroke for MK, I think it's a little arrogant to assume that Injustice would sell worse than MK with a bad demo.

As far as the rest of it goes, that's gamers today. Those same criticisms are lodged against every game that's been made since the NES days almost. And NRS has already fixed the last point by including the frame data this time around so I don't see what the problem is.
Reread what I wrote dude. Of course this game will sell like candy. Of.... course. The sales were never my point. The point in all of this was that the people actually caring to get off their asses and attend national tournaments for a game they suspect might be broken because of a demo. Then the concern turns into, "eh it's okay, but I wouldn't take it seriously". It's the first impression that just kills it.

It was never about sales in my whole argument. At all.

You mean those same tournament players that are reviving SFxT? There is a game that was dead and buried at least 6 months ago and while it's no where near as popular as any other Capcom game yet, it's not dead anymore for sure.

Competative players don't look away, we sit back and watch. Hell, I think even Digimon said he'd suport MK again if it got patched. Same thing here. If Injustice drops with bugs and infinites (which it will) the competative players will bitch but also read the patch notes intently.

A broken game can be fixed but a bad game..... well......:coffee:
Yea, the 100 people that join SFxT tournaments are great, but the reasons why it still isn't even close to getting the numbers that SF4 and Marvel are getting is because it's horrible first impression. Some Capcom heads would rather die than go back to SFxT because of their passed experience with it.

Most people that travel for SFxT tournaments are actually going for SF4 or Marvel but have SFxT as a sidegame. That isn't the appeal of truly powerful fighting game. While people like me and you could see the game for it's potential in the future, many people won't invest their all into something they are hesitant about so they won't get off their asses for it.

First impressions are everything. People do look away if the extended first impression is bad.

insignis

Noob
everytime someone said "demo" someone else say "pro gamers are morons and won't by the game because demo may be disbalanced and these several hundreds of retards will affect sales" :D