What's new

Injustice - Finish-Him.com Meets up w/ Hector Sanchez and will release new info on March 19th

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
March 19th is the rumored date for the Injustice Demo.
Oh god... I really really REALLY hope not.

I don't want to bring up the old "Injustice Demo?" thread again to explain to everyone why a demo is a risky and potentially fatal idea for Injustice's skeptical competitive players that are on the fence on how to treat Injustice.

Damn... I seriously am scared now. I really hope it's not a demo. Star lab missions, a character reveal, online youtube features, ANYTHING but a demo.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Oh god... I really really REALLY hope not.

I don't want to bring up the old "Injustice Demo?" thread again to explain to everyone why a demo is a risky and potentially fatal idea for Injustice's skeptical competitive players that are on the fence on how to treat Injustice.

Damn... I seriously am scared now. I really hope it's not a demo. Star lab missions, a character reveal, online youtube features, ANYTHING but a demo.
I remember your post, and I respect the FGC that take it to such a competitive level, but I still stick by:

Anyone who takes a demo and uses it as a reason to bash a game, making videos and acts as if that's a reflection of the final product...is a very ignorant person. In the end, the FGC who care that much, only make up around 3% of the people who will buy this game. So that's the least of my concerns.

I just don't want things hacked and leaked out again. All the characters, secrets, and ESPECIALLY the story dialogue, as was the case with MK9. That sucked.

But I will restate, I do understand your concern on the FGC competitive front...it has merit, but judging by the success of MK9's sales and tournament presence...it'll be alright.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I remember your post, and I respect the FGC that take it to such a competitive level, but I still stick by:

Anyone who takes a demo and uses it as a reason to bash a game, making videos and acts as if that's a reflection of the final product...is a very ignorant person. In the end, the FGC who care that much, only make up around 3% of the people who will buy this game. So that's the least of my concerns.

I just don't want things hacked and leaked out again. All the characters, secrets, and ESPECIALLY the story dialogue, as was the case with MK9. That sucked.

But I will restate, I do understand your concern on the FGC competitive front...it has merit, but judging by the success of MK9's sales and tournament presence...it'll be alright.

There is no question this game will sell like candy. And there is no question that there will definitely be a thriving competitive scene and new players coming into the game.

But if there is even 1 fatal bug or imbalance in the demo, it can not be patched out immediately like it can in the final product. You can't patch a demo. For MK9 the combination of the broken demo glitches and the post release flood of patches for imbalances in the game was what led to most competitive players not even giving it a second glance.

The people who got the game on day 1 or the true fans of the games stayed, but mistakes like a bad demo are the difference between a game being a side tournament at a major and gets 10minutes of stream time and a game being a headline like SF4 and MvC3.

Alot of competitive players are waiting until the game is out a while to see how the game works at a competitive level. So the combination of a demo that will be out for a whole MONTH before the game comes out which will inevitably have bugs and imbalance that cannot be patched and the inevitable tiny patches when the game hits stores is enough for a huge percent of tourny players from turning the other cheek.

I know it's not a huge deal when it comes to sales or anything, but I'm seriously hoping that this game will make it big in the FGC. I'd be crushed if something like a demo had something to do with it's decline in possible publicity in the FGC.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
There is no question this game will sell like candy. And there is no question that there will definitely be a thriving competitive scene and new players coming into the game.

But if there is even 1 fatal bug or imbalance in the demo, it can not be patched out immediately like it can in the final product. You can't patch a demo. For MK9 the combination of the broken demo glitches and the post release flood of patches for imbalances in the game was what led to most competitive players not even giving it a second glance.

The people who got the game on day 1 or the true fans of the games stayed, but mistakes like a bad demo are the difference between a game being a side tournament at a major and gets 10minutes of stream time and a game being a headline like SF4 and MvC3.

Alot of competitive players are waiting until the game is out a while to see how the game works at a competitive level. So the combination of a demo that will be out for a whole MONTH before the game comes out which will inevitably have bugs and imbalance that cannot be patched and the inevitable tiny patches when the game hits stores is enough for a huge percent of tourny players from turning the other cheek.

I know it's not a huge deal when it comes to sales or anything, but I'm seriously hoping that this game will make it big in the FGC. I'd be crushed if something like a demo had something to do with it's decline in possible publicity in the FGC.
Like I said, I know what you mean. I read your previous posts and saw the vid etc. of the reactions to the MK9 demo. It's not that I don't understand the potential negative. I just don't think it really matters. Anybody who would refuse to get the game based off a bug or broken combo etc. in the demo, i'd rather they not even get the game. Yeah, I know, we should want everyone to want to get it so the word of mouth spreads and a bigger tourney scene. But i'm not a tourney player, and if someone were to be turned away based on that, they'd seem like a toolbox to me. Not someone I would want representing the game at tourneys.

So yeah, I do see the importance, but at the end of the day, that's not a personal concern for me. Having the story spoiled, or all the secrets or characters left to be revealed spoiled, taking away the suspense etc. is a bigger negative to me, than a couple of tourney snobs who can't be bothered to use logic and rational thought when it comes to how games work. That none are perfect, and that there will be patches and hot fixes to follow up on any major problems. So it's their loss, not Injustice community's.

But yeah, that's my opinion. Not saying it has to be yours or anyone elses. We just value different things etc.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I know I might just be overprotective of Injustice's potential future FGC scene numbers, but I think my fear isn't without some truth.

If it is a demo the bugs will be seriously inevitable.

I've invested so much time into this game and it's not even out yet lol. It's like my child at this point and I don't want anyone seeing and judging it while it's not in it's proper form like the MK9 demo travesty that resulted in thousands of FGC members calling the game a broken hunk of trash and laughing at it for a month before the game was even out(even Japanese players would laugh at the "horrible american fighting game"). It's fucked up but first impressions are human nature.

It'd just clear my mind alot if it weren't a demo.

Emanuel

Noob
I Know this sounds crazy but I am going to say since Stan lee was supporting Injustice Gods Among Us do you think Spiderman will be a guest character? That would definitely lead to a DC vs Marvel game down the road.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I know I might just be overprotective of Injustice's potential future FGC scene numbers, but I think my fear isn't without some truth.

If it is a demo the bugs will be seriously inevitable. I've invested so much time into this game and it's not even out yet lol.

It's like my child at this point and I don't want anyone seeing and judging it while it's not in it's proper form like the MK9 demo travesty that resulted in thousands of FGC members calling the game a broken hunk of trash and laughing at it for a month before the game was even out(even Japanese players would laugh at the "horrible american fighting game"). It's fucked up but first impressions are human nature.

It'd just clear my mind alot if it weren't a demo.
Yeah, I get ya. I guess I just don't really care what others think, to a degree. There's a lot of stupid people in this world, and a good portion of them are those that love to go online and voice their opinion. When it comes to competitive "pro" gaming, I have seen a lot of douche bags over several gaming franchises. That's the main reason I have never cared to get THAT serious about any game that I am pretty decent at. I don't care to interact with those people. Not saying that's EVERY "pro" competitive player, there's some cool ones, nice ones, respectful ones...i'm just speaking generally. So if some guy plays the demo, and instantly hates it, rants about it, and then proceeds to act as if the game is worthless... that's 1 less idiot I have to encounter online, or "representing" this game. Nothing is worse than a game that has a habbit of having a dissrespectful, arogant, cocky, douchey fanbase supporting it. So the more those people are weeded out, the better. Be it someone who plays a demo and bashes it, or someone who would actually listen to him and be persuaded enough not to try the full game theirselves...good riddance.

I don't want it to fail in a FGC tourney standard. Of course I would want that to strive. I want people to love the game, as do you. I just don't care to have someone that ignorant and irrational a part of it. It can survive without them. I'd rather have a FGC supported by 1000 diehards, than 2000, half being elitist snobs that give the fanbase a poor reputation.

Ultimately, we both want the same thing in the end. For people to love the game. So no disagreement there.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I Know this sounds crazy but I am going to say since Stan lee was supporting Injustice Gods Among Us do you think Spiderman will be a guest character? That would definitely lead to a DC vs Marvel game down the road.
No. Stan Lee has been featured on Batman documentaries and DVD extras etc. before. He doesn't work for Marvel. Hasn't for years. He is featured in Marvel movies in a cameo appearance, just because most comic book fans respect what he's done. So him commenting on the Battle Arena has no effect on a potential Marvel/DC crossover.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
WOW! Just thought of something that we are completely overlooking!!!!!!!!!!

Emanuel might be onto something here!

It's NRS and we still haven't gotten a guest character!!!!!!!!

Sure, it will probably not be from MK because they've stated that they are making a conscious effort to not have both games associated with each other for now but that doesn't mean that we can't have a guest character from somewhere else!! Maybe Spiderman isn't that farfetched of an idea.

Kratos and Freddy K made it into MK9 so the sky is the limit on the possibilities!

Emanuel

Noob
WOW! Just thought of something that we are completely overlooking!!!!!!!!!!

Emanuel might be onto something here!

It's NRS and we still haven't gotten a guest character!!!!!!!!

Sure, it will probably not be from MK because they've stated that they are making a conscious effort to not have both games associated with each other for now but that doesn't mean that we can't have a guest character from somewhere else!! Maybe Spiderman isn't that farfetched of an idea.

Kratos and Freddy K made it into MK9 so the sky is the limit on the possibilities!
Its a wild guess but since I see Stan Lee and he represents marvel Comics this might be the chance to crossover in a game for once.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Its a wild guess but since I see Stan Lee and he represents marvel Comics this might be the chance to crossover in a game for once.
Feel like i'm being ignored lol. Stan Lee doesn't work for Marvel and hasn't for years. Stan Lee has also been featured on Batman documentaries/DVD extras from DC in the past, as well as made an appearance on Big Bang Theory(made by WB). So I don't see how them paying Stan Lee to throw in a few comments on the Battle Arena, would mean the chances are any greater for a Marvel/DC crossover or guest character. Stan does NOT work for Marvel. He has zero power to make that decision.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I seriously doubt Spider-Man. Not because I'm against any of the reasoning above, but it's a licensing issue.

It's one thing when the developers behind Unleased or Assassins Creed allow Starkiller or Ezio into Soul Calibur to promote their games, like Kratos in MK. But this is a different issue, Capcom (and Activision I think? Whoever does the Spider-Man games) own the license to use Spider-Man in video games, even if DC, MK and Marvel were cool with him being in Injustice I think it comes to down to Capcom (or whoever it is) to let him be used, and seeing as they are sort of rivals I doubt it.

Emanuel

Noob
I seriously doubt Spider-Man. Not because I'm against any of the reasoning above, but it's a licensing issue.

It's one thing when the developers behind Unleased or Assassins Creed allow Starkiller or Ezio into Soul Calibur to promote their games, like Kratos in MK. But this is a different issue, Capcom (and Activision I think? Whoever does the Spider-Man games) own the license to use Spider-Man in video games, even if DC, MK and Marvel were cool with him being in Injustice I think it comes to down to Capcom (or whoever it is) to let him be used, and seeing as they are sort of rivals I doubt it.
I guess I am just anxious who or what it will be March 19

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Okay, aside from any Marvel or Mortal Kombat character who would fit into this game as a nice guest character?

BGMD

Noob
I was speculating earlier that PS3 could get Cole from Infamous as exclusive guest char
(disclaimer: I don't want any characters outside DC)

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Okay, aside from any Marvel or Mortal Kombat character who would fit into this game as a nice guest character?
Personally, I'd rather not have a guest character. DC has SO many characters to draw from, hundreds...that it's really not needed. If they are wanting something different, might as well go with an obscure DC character, and maybe get them some popularity.

However, to answer the question...Spawn or Predator(appeared in crossovers with Batman before) are the only people that comes to mind, that wouldn't be console exclusive.

I like spawn. OR maybe it will be Clayface. I dunno robocop,predator,Maybe its brainiac.
While Robocop would be epically awesome, I don't think anyone would want him...mainly because they would want to use the one from the reboot to promote that...and the less I see of that non-Robocop, the better.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Scooby Doo. He teamed up with Batman before, and I think WB owns the right to the series

He could be sort of like Amaterasu in MvC3, plus he could summon other members of the show as part of his special attacks. It's genius, really.