What's new

Injustice - "Developer Diaries", Behind the Battles of Injustice w/ Joker's Laugh - Is it Hamill?

VOR

Noob
Certainly a valid concern, but there will probably be stages that characters also perform worse at. For example, the Grundy player might consider picking a stage more suitable to his character's play style, but perhaps that stage also provides some advantages for his opponent that he'd rather not have to deal with. Perhaps lots of things for a Nightwing to leap off of and escape pressure.

So rather than pick the stage he's proficient at, maybe he'd pick a smaller and more empty stage to take away Nightwing's advantages. It's certainly too early to judge, but if done right, I think stage select could prove to be a lot more than just picking a single stage per character.

If done right, it's done right and that's awesome. if a 5-5 mu turns into a 7-3 because of a stage, I think that's too extreme. If there's things to counter that and characters have the tools to handle each stage with some playstyle adjustments, that's cool.

Doesn't sound like Hamill to me. Doubt Hamill would play Joker for anything except for another Batman game that's a sequel to Arkham City.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Nightwing can change stance mid combo, but it looks like it costs meter.

There is a new stage shown, or at least new section.
Its a theater, it could be a part of Arkham asylum, but its more likely IMO that it is Crime Alley in Gotham City.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Im guessing that NRS are going to have to come up with a serious defence mechanism to allow the joker to go hand to hand with the super heroes.

Im thinking the joker will be like freddy, he will have to stay away, not actually touch you.

Im guessing that NRS are going to have to come up with a serious defence mechanism to allow the joker to go hand to hand with the super heroes.

Im thinking the joker will be like freddy, he will have to stay away, not actually touch you.
i think he has some weapons (while not very practical) that he could use in close range like the knife, the joybuzzer as a parry and/or grab, maybe a crowbar, and the acid/gas from the flower. but yeah storywise i hope they give a good reason why he can fight againts the others

Can we get some direct feed matches, NRS? Even if you have to dig up the demo disc from the last convention. It's hard to feel anything about the game when all the gameplay is cut up trailer style or off screen from people trying the game for the first time.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
If done right, it's done right and that's awesome. if a 5-5 mu turns into a 7-3 because of a stage, I think that's too extreme. If there's things to counter that and characters have the tools to handle each stage with some playstyle adjustments, that's cool.
Thats a fair concern, but we dont even have a real quantatiative breakdown of this game that has been out for over a year. . . I dont think there is cause for concern

VOR

Noob
Thats a fair concern, but we dont even have a real quantatiative breakdown of this game that has been out for over a year. . . I dont think there is cause for concern
Right because MK9 is a relatively well balanced game. Just hoping they focus on these stage details and stick to that ideal. Hector's statement about stage selection being as important as character selection is really bold in a bad way and what concerned me. No one wants their character to just flat out suck in certain stages.

WHY DOES THE JOKER LOVE BONERS WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ???!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Right because MK9 is a relatively well balanced game. Just hoping they focus on these stage details and stick to that ideal. Hector's statement about stage selection being as important as character selection is really bold in a bad way and what concerned me. No one wants their character to just flat out suck in certain stages.

WHY DOES THE JOKER LOVE BONERS WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ???!!! HAHAHAHAHA
I don't think he's really saying that picking a stage will automatically turn the tables into your favor or that choosing certain stages will be the end-all-be-all in a match.

It's probably more along the lines of thinking about which stage would accent your character and fighting style the most. Not so much "pick a stage that will give you a definite advantage," but rather choose one that suits your fighting style. Considering the stage interactions we've seen so far, I don't think any particular stage is going to cripple a character. Let's positive thinking.

VOR

Noob
I don't think he's really saying that picking a stage will automatically turn the tables into your favor or that choosing certain stages will be the end-all-be-all in a match.

It's probably more along the lines of thinking about which stage would accent your character and fighting style the most. Not so much "pick a stage that will give you a definite advantage," but rather choose one that suits your fighting style. Considering the stage interactions we've seen so far, I don't think any particular stage is going to cripple a character. Let's positive thinking.
Positive thinking is for life not fighting games ;)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
sigh...I reposted this on Neogaf along with Rathalos' gifs to try and drum up some excitement over this game since this video showed off some nice combos and gameplay and got only 1 person http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44028495#post44028495

I need to start posting stuff over there at better hours or something because this game looks good and this video shows a lot of its potential off for those ignoring it. At least TYM and some of SRK is interested. Guys need to get over there preconceived idea of who the Mortal Kombat team is these days because their stuff is good now.

observations:
looks like there's no blood/gore, so this game is likely going to be T rated and legal in germany.
the building nightwing falls through should kill him considering he has no superpowers.
did i see green arrow with a noob's ghost ball arrow? oh jeez...
superman and green arrow both have the ability to freeze. oh jeez...
Clark Kent looks cool in this game. i would really like to play as him in his suit.

hecterrific

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
observations:
looks like there's no blood/gore, so this game is likely going to be T rated and legal in germany.
the building nightwing falls through should kill him considering he has no superpowers.
did i see green arrow with a noob's ghost ball arrow? oh jeez...
superman and green arrow both have the ability to freeze. oh jeez...
Clark Kent looks cool in this game. i would really like to play as him in his suit.
Should we take Nightwing out of the game?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
get more hype for this game every time see new stuff.
still waiting on an announcement on swamp thing though, really hope he ends up in release roster

trufenix

bye felicia
Positive thinking is for life not fighting games ;)
I disagree. Just about every recent fighting game (say, post SF4) has endured intense scrutiny from the competitive fanbase over their "new & experimental" features and maybe one of them has wound up critically broken by what was bitched about loudest.

I would not take Hector's statement about stage select dependancy as law any more than you would when they say a Super Moves is the most powerful use of meter, or character x can only be played in y way or such and such. These things just cannot be predicted, so why bother being negative?