What's new

Injustice - "Developer Diaries", Behind the Battles of Injustice w/ Joker's Laugh - Is it Hamill?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today NetherRealm Producer, Hector Sanchez posted a blog on Playstation.com with a behind the scenes look at the 'making of the game'. Many members of the studio give their feedback on just how the game is being made, the care being put in to it and what we can expect. As noted in the blog entry it looks like the next upcoming months will be very interesting as parts of the story and also characters will be revealed.

Hector notes that the team has been 'listening' to the fans and their reaction has "inspired the team to no end."

We have HUGE announcements coming up in the next few months concerning the story of the game that will answer the burning question fans have been asking us over and over: Just why are all of these icons fighting each other? We still have yet to reveal all of our characters, and the response that we’ve received on social media outlets on who you all want to see in the game has really inspired the team to no end.
Continue reading the blog, here!

WATCH THE VIDEO TO THE END! You'll catch a small glimpse of the Joker. Is it Mark Hamill?
Credit: The Kombat Tabloid

Attachments

AssassiN

Noob
Quick little hint, watch the video till the very end!
There's a little part behind the "Injustice"-screen.

VOR

Noob
Hector-"Environment choice is just as important as character choice....You's gonna wanna pick an environment that eases to your style of gameplay." UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!

VOR

Noob
What would you rather me say?
That while stage selection is important it is not as important as your skills with the character you are most experienced with. That no character/stage combinations are extremely advantageous or disadvantageous. That Netherrealm is working hard to maintain competitive balance of the stages so stage counterpicking is kept to a reasonable amount compared to other fighting games including MK9.

hecterrific

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That while stage selection is important it is not as important as your skills with the character you are most experienced with. That no character/stage combinations are extremely advantageous or disadvantageous. That Netherrealm is working hard to maintain competitive balance of the stages so stage counterpicking is kept to a reasonable amount compared to other fighting games including MK9.
That would have been cool but i had like 3 seconds so it wouldn't of fit.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Well idk I think i'd rather see character loyalty and counterpicking with stages than another scenario where you need a top tier backup character, or even better kuh-bawl or lose.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I have no idea if that laugh is Mark Hamill but all I hear in my head after it is this:

I've been putting off thinking about this game because the wait will too much if I sit and think about it all day. That said I'm getting pretty excited. Still trying to figure out the best way to pick my main. I'm thinking each character gets a minimum of 2 straight hours in practice mode, then I can start to narrow it down.

I'm really hoping the stage interactions work as well in practice as they sound. Would be great to be able to change stages in order to maybe make a 6-4 match turn into a 5-5. Since stage counterpicking is already something the competitive scene does, this seems like a logical next step.

Also, I would have loved to have seen an Injustice demo build tournament at MLG rather than Sony Smash. Would've been cool to see the top competitors showcasing the different characters for some prize money in a competitive setting.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hector-"Environment choice is just as important as character choice....You's gonna wanna pick an environment that eases to your style of gameplay." UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!
I honestly think it's way too soon for anyone to get upset or excited about the environments.

After the first Injustice tournament next year... will be interesting. I'm personally excited as hell to see this in the competitive light.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I honestly think it's way too soon for anyone to get upset or excited about the environments.

After the first Injustice tournament next year... will be interesting. I'm personally excited as hell to see this in the competitive light.
I agree completely. I dont understand the kneejerk reaction to any change. Actually, yes I do understand it, I just think its a little parochial in its scope. After this last MK game, I am confident that NRS can make a great game. Hell, I dont know/care about DC and I am excited for this!

They could have made Kobra DLC and he would have been unique and cool. . . They got this

VOR

Noob

My biggest concern is that in NRS's efforts to bring variety, they will actually be homogenizing the game more. For example, in high level play, if we only see certain stages or possibly even just ONE stage getting picked by Grundy players, I think that would be less exciting to watch. If you knew that at a tournament when you're fighting a Batman player they will pick only one or two stages because those are the only stages he's really competitive in...damn. I think the stages look great and I want to see them all getting played on, but if they cater too heavily to character specifics, over time we will see less and less stages getting action. Just hoping that a wide variety of character and stage combinations are viable.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
My biggest concern is that in NRS's efforts to bring variety, they will actually be homogenzing the game more. For example, in high level play, if we only see certain stages or possibly even just ONE stage getting picked by Grundy players, I think that would be less exciting to watch. If you knew that at a tournament when you're fighting a Batman player they will pick only one or two stages because those are the only stages he's really competitive in...damn. I think the stages look great and I want to see them all getting played on, but if they cater too heavily to character specifics, over time we will see less and less stages getting action. Just hoping that a wide variety of character and stage combinations are viable.
I fully expect some Soul Calibur style rules for the game, no picking levels, only random, and if you lose you can go random select again.

Grundy can combo into his chain grabs, that's kinda scary.

My biggest concern is that in NRS's efforts to bring variety, they will actually be homogenzing the game more. For example, in high level play, if we only see certain stages or possibly even just ONE stage getting picked by Grundy players, I think that would be less exciting to watch. If you knew that at a tournament when you're fighting a Batman player they will pick only one or two stages because those are the only stages he's really competitive in...damn. I think the stages look great and I want to see them all getting played on, but if they cater too heavily to character specifics, over time we will see less and less stages getting action. Just hoping that a wide variety of character and stage combinations are viable.
Certainly a valid concern, but there will probably be stages that characters also perform worse at. For example, the Grundy player might consider picking a stage more suitable to his character's play style, but perhaps that stage also provides some advantages for his opponent that he'd rather not have to deal with. Perhaps lots of things for a Nightwing to leap off of and escape pressure.

So rather than pick the stage he's proficient at, maybe he'd pick a smaller and more empty stage to take away Nightwing's advantages. It's certainly too early to judge, but if done right, I think stage select could prove to be a lot more than just picking a single stage per character.