What's new

Injustice Comic Issue #2 Now Available!

Just read it. It's okay. Nothing too intense yet. I'm sure the story will get better as more issues come out. Had some cool moments but no need for the overhype. Maybe I just went in reading them expecting too much because of that??

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Honestly, despite the fact that good cover art won't make any difference in yours or my purchase decision; It definitely does have some sway in the purchasing decision of others/casuals.

Most of the world doesn't actively participate in forums, frequent IGN/GameStop/etc. and really aren't very informed about Video Games that are coming out in the future. Their first impressions are generally through advertisements, stumbling upon a product or word of mouth.

Good cover art has the potential to grab the attention of someone looking to purchase a new game. It is essentially the first impression of the product for most people.

I'm looking at the current cover art of the game and LBSH it does look kind of weak.
Looks fine to me.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
yeah because every fighting game needs a marvel esque cover. quit complaining about the cover. is it going to affect your purchase decision? are comic book fans gonna all of a sudden pass on it cuz joker (a villian) is too ugly for them. quit crying. every fucking thread....

Comic book art existed before Marvel. Calm down chisel-chest

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'll say that I don't care about the cover art as I rarely look at a cover for more than a few seconds to put a game in the case or take it out. I understand people that do but at the same time this was the creators', pubilsher's, whoever's decision and it can't be helped or changed no matter how much you want it.

Reedoms

Noob
Comic book art existed before Marvel. Calm down chisel-chest
I think he was making a joke at the fact that most Marvel events in the past 10 years involved Heroes fighting each other and the covers for plenty of books are of these people fighting each other.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I think he was making a joke at the fact that most Marvel events in the past 10 years involved Heroes fighting each other and the covers for plenty of books are of these people fighting each other.
nah, I know what you mean but he was mad-bro lol

trufenix

bye felicia
So Superman, who is as moral high ground as anyone could possibly get, completely breaks down and starts ruling, because of this? This makes his morals seem weak from the very beginning.
I think this is less about Lois and more about the baby and its a concept thats tough to convey to people who don't have kids, especially men. But in most parents (who actually give a damn) the very existence of your child changes your mental priorities, even if its totally subconscious, and /I/ think (as a parent who went through the same thing) the writer is trying to tap into that. We saw in Issue #1, now Clark has become uncharacteristically protective about Lois, and Batman noted that he's never seen Superman appear as nervous before. In Issue #2, they take it a step further where Superman absolutely discards Batman's concern for secrecy, and if you want to take it a step further, doesn't even bother scanning the sub for danger (how could he possibly miss Doomsday?) before attempting a rescue.

So, in my mind, they've been trying to validate this change since page one, and I guess you have to ask yourself, what would make you break and would you be considered weak for it? Is there nothing so dear to you that losing it would give you a change of heart? Worseso if your own pre-existing morality were to blame, as the mag leaks seem to indicated. IMO, the key quality of a hero is compassion, and even for the most selfless that has to at some point reflect upon themselves.

And by that same thread, its not as if he went Punisher-style crazy and just started putting people in bodybags cause they looked at him wrong, The Regime trailer says they should "face consequences tantamount to their crimes", that means somewhere on his broken moral compass this is fair. Even Batman has to admit "in a way, this is what we all dreamed of".

That said if he is running the New Regime, which I seriously doubt given Luthor and the Joker and so many other big bads rounding out the cast, it could be that either he has been somehow poisoned / controlled (you have to consider whatever goofy mechanic is going to lower him to Catwoman's power level) or maybe they're just
Holding the baby hostage. Maybe doomsday (and the gas) are there to keep Superman busy while they steal it, though it makes you wonder, how did they know Lois was pregnant. You know, I just thought about that. Hmm.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think this is less about Lois and more about the baby and its a concept thats tough to convey to people who don't have kids, especially men. But in most parents (who actually give a damn) the very existence of your child changes your mental priorities, even if its totally subconscious, and /I/ think (as a parent who went through the same thing) the writer is trying to tap into that. We saw in Issue #1, now Clark has become uncharacteristically protective about Lois, and Batman noted that he's never seen Superman appear as nervous before. In Issue #2, they take it a step further where Superman absolutely discards Batman's concern for secrecy, and if you want to take it a step further, doesn't even bother scanning the sub for danger (how could he possibly miss Doomsday?) before attempting a rescue.

So, in my mind, they've been trying to validate this change since page one, and I guess you have to ask yourself, what would make you break and would you be considered weak for it? Is there nothing so dear to you that losing it would give you a change of heart? Worseso if your own pre-existing morality were to blame, as the mag leaks seem to indicated. IMO, the key quality of a hero is compassion, and even for the most selfless that has to at some point reflect upon themselves.

And by that same thread, its not as if he went Punisher-style crazy and just started putting people in bodybags cause they looked at him wrong, The Regime trailer says they should "face consequences tantamount to their crimes", that means somewhere on his broken moral compass this is fair. Even Batman has to admit "in a way, this is what we all dreamed of".

That said if he is running the New Regime, which I seriously doubt given Luthor and the Joker and so many other big bads rounding out the cast, it could be that either he has been somehow poisoned / controlled (you have to consider whatever goofy mechanic is going to lower him to Catwoman's power level) or maybe they're just
Holding the baby hostage. Maybe doomsday (and the gas) are there to keep Superman busy while they steal it, though it makes you wonder, how did they know Lois was pregnant. You know, I just thought about that. Hmm.
considering the fact that they had just found Scarecrow dead, there was a strange gas in the sub, and joker and harley quinn were wearing gas masks, I feel like it must be scarecrow's fear gas or w/e making superman see Doomsday.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I'm stunned as to how does the Joker know Superman's secret Identify? If he kidnapped Lois he must have knew Superman would come after him because he had Doomsday just waiting and how the hell did Joker get in contact with Doomsday in the 1st place!???! Head scratcher EDIT: Yea he could just be using Scarecrows fear gas to make Superman see Doomsday but still I think.Joker must know.Superman's secret ID

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm stunned as to how does the Joker know Superman's secret Identify? If he kidnapped Lois he must have knew Superman would come after him because he had Doomsday just waiting and how the hell did Joker get in contact with Doomsday in the 1st place!???! Head scratcher

you should use spoiler tags.

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

put those around your post with no spaces

Reedoms

Noob
I'm stunned as to how does the Joker know Superman's secret Identify? If he kidnapped Lois he must have knew Superman would come after him because he had Doomsday just waiting and how the hell did Joker get in contact with Doomsday in the 1st place!???! Head scratcher EDIT: Yea he could just be using Scarecrows fear gas to make Superman see Doomsday but still I think.Joker must know.Superman's secret ID
It's common knowledge in DC that Superman and Lois had a fling and are still very good friends. I'd assume Joker just went off this knowledge.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
It's common knowledge in DC that Superman and Lois had a fling and are still very good friends. I'd assume Joker just went off this knowledge.
I think he knows more then them just being "friends" . But he might get more then he asked for when he find out she's P

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Superman has seen, and been through, many things: He has had his own invention kill someone, he was controlled to the point were Wonder Woman had to resort to murder, he's faced people that have murdered countless people and even destroyed or enslaved Worlds. But no, none of that compares to HIS tragedy, none of that comes close to the sadness HE feels from this. You know what that sounds like? Superboy-Prime.

So he snaps not from the countless crazies or deaths of friends and loved ones and innocents, some he's even CONTRIBUTED to, it's THIS. This single thing is enough to make him say "yeah, villains are beyond help and we've gotta deal with this properly. There will never be an incident like this again because I will rule you all".

Reedoms

Noob
So he snaps not from the countless crazies or deaths of friends and loved ones and innocents, some he's even CONTRIBUTED to, it's THIS. This single thing is enough to make him say "yeah, villains are beyond help and we've gotta deal with this properly. There will never be an incident like this again because I will rule you all".
You just know Joker's gonna nuke Metropolis. Supes is just gonna pull a Hal Jordan and go fucking insane when trying to deal with this fact and go all Parallax on everyone but instead of rewriting time to fix his problems he's just gonna make the villains get their shit together or get out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm curious, does anyone know if these are the SAME comics(I'm assuming) that come as a whole bigger comic pack with the collector's edition of the game? I'm guessing it is based on the time of release.

As for paper booklet, my local comic stores said hopefully next week they'll get issue one. I think I'm going to just wait and read them once I get the collector's edition(I just hope and am assuming it's the same comics)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm curious, does anyone know if these are the SAME comics(I'm assuming) that come as a whole bigger comic pack with the collector's edition of the game? I'm guessing it is based on the time of release.

As for paper booklet, my local comic stores said hopefully next week they'll get issue one. I think I'm going to just wait and read them once I get the collector's edition(I just hope and am assuming it's the same comics)

Yes it is, you get the first six issues.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yes it is, you get the first six issues.
Thanks, do you know if it's going to end at 6 issues? I thought it was just a prequel comic series leading up to the game but apparently it's an actual series pre and post the game?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Thanks, do you know if it's going to end at 6 issues? I thought it was just a prequel comic series leading up to the game but apparently it's an actual series pre and post the game?

I would assume there's more, but I don't know.

It's only $0.99 for people that are too lazy to click the link. Well worth it! All hail ____
More than 0.99 for the first two comics would be way over the top. The 0.99 are a fairly good price tag for what you're getting.
New take on the characters obviously based on the Injusticee design, but at the same time the artist didn't invest that much effort into the details (understandable for 0.99).
Additionally to that most of the pictures are HUGE, so you don't get to see that much in one of the comics.
You're actually paying 2 dollars for one Injustice comic, since one of them only offers half as much as a regular comic book would do.
Not that I care all too much - I'm fine with it.
Both of the comics were good enough, it's just the pity that they didn't show that much.

Probably no spoilers, but hey - there was Scarecrow in the second one. I would really like to see him as a playable character, even though he is from the Batman universe. But he simply has so much to offer with his fear gas. Imagine the possibilities! In theory he should have a very unique playstyle.

trufenix

bye felicia
Superman has seen, and been through, many things: He has had his own invention kill someone, he was controlled to the point were Wonder Woman had to resort to murder, he's faced people that have murdered countless people and even destroyed or enslaved Worlds. But no, none of that compares to HIS tragedy, none of that comes close to the sadness HE feels from this. You know what that sounds like? Superboy-Prime.

Its entirely possible/likely that the situation will just be wholly insufficient for some or most, that's just the nature of the beast (see: Sindel's wrath in MK9). More to the point, with DCs "we'll take it as we go" attitude towards new 52 canon, and NRS saying this is even their own splintered continuinity of that, there's no accounting for what Superman or any of them have already done or not done or what sort of reactions they would have to situations. Maybe Nu52:NRS Superman is just a bit more rash.

Personally, I think you're harping too much on the notion that Superman is "in control". The New Regime trailer doesn't paint it like some monarchist, totalitarian, don't touch me scenario where there's no free will, its just don't be a bad guy or I will gut you situation. Prime and Hood and even Luthor are the snappy short sighted idealists who don't know the line anymore. Injustice Supes is still doing "good", he's just doing it so heavy handed the other heroes think he's a douche, and who knows, maybe they don't, maybe the rest of them have finally realized Superman needs to step his game up for the greater good and its just Batman and a bunch of villains who feel oppressed.

I guess we'll find out in April, or March when it all inevitably leaks.