What's new

Injustice - Boon tweets more "big" character reveals coming soon

Amazon

Noob
Wow
I just want to say Ares is in tomorrow comic the same day god of war is released :) guess I was correct ... atleast in some way.[/quote

Wow I didn't Even think of that but that WOULD make sense and would be a very cool tie in to the GOW hype :) you sir are a genius even if it doesn't pan out! Though I hope it does !

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
"Non-comic fans" is probably bad wording on my part. Should have said something like "non-core-comic fans", like the ones who don't really read comics but still buy comic-related games (like Injustice), watch comic-related shows, go to see comic-related movies, and are generally fans of comic characters themselves (while not actually reading comics directly).

Curious why companies make decisions that raise the ire of these core comic fans (like, say, putting Killer Frost in Injustice over Captain Cold) if the core comic fans are really supposed to be that much more important than the casual comic fans.

What would you classify them as? They may not be comic "readers" but they're definitely fans to some degree if they're going to see 25 dollar (with snacks) movies and 60 dollar games. But still, when you pour a large amount of money into something then you want to make the product as safe/marketable as possible more often than not. Look at the switch between Batman Returns and Batman Forever, Forever was geared towards a more "family" style Batman where kids enjoy the over-the-topness and corny jokes while parents/older people can still find enjoyment in the story. Returns was super dark, aimed more towards an older crowd and not nearly as successful as Forever.

Another point: Why would you market it towards comic readers? Comic readers are reading the comics so why would they watch/pay for a 1:1 representation? Bring something new to the table and you can entice comic fans along with the demographic you're aiming for.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I just want to say Ares is in tomorrow comic the same day god of war is released :) guess I was correct ... atleast in some way.
How do you know this? I just sent Ed Boon a loaded question about Ares on twitter. I want to see if he'll take the bait.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Me i think that Lobo is deffinately in - i think Boon bought the comicbook to study the character - you know :D

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
But at least you got something right. Comic book fans are not that important when it comes to animated shows, because chances are high that comic book fans will watch the shows, because they already know the characters.

The producers don't make money from the shows directly, but from the toys and goodies. Kids buy toys and goodies for the most part, so the animated shows / movies / and so on are shifted towards the kids.
Additionally to that there is the chance that some of them might turn into potential comic book readers who will invest few bucks every second week in order to read the comics. That means more money in the long run.
Animated shows are not here to please some other kind of crowd.
They're only there so that the producers could sell more toys and earn more money and so that more people will get into comics and start buying comics, BUT ...
Alright then.

So are comic book fans also not that important when it comes to video games, because chances are high that comic book fans will play the games, because they already know the characters? Following your logic, casuals comic fans buy the games (like Injustice), so it makes sense to "shift" the aim towards casuals. The same casuals that get most of their info about these characters from cartoons and movies. So is it a bad thing to appeal to these casuals by including characters popularized from those cartoons (like Raven and whatnot) in the hopes that it will turn them into potential comic book readers who will invest a few bucks every second week in order to read the comics? Which means more money in the long run?

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Wonder Woman takes the spotlight and takes on an entire army. But Ares, God of War, is not exactly pleased by this course of action.

http://link.email-dcentertainment.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=OC1gZ-sj0xq1ymYNqoMEXe_V&msgVersion=web
Oh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wonder Woman takes the spotlight and takes on an entire army. But Ares, God of War, is not exactly pleased by this course of action.

http://link.email-dcentertainment.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?a=OC1gZ-sj0xq1ymYNqoMEXe_V&msgVersion=web

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. We get to finally see if that's him in a helmet on the achievement photo so people could finally stop talking about Raven (as much)!!!

I wonder how he'll play as a character. What are his powers and stuff? I just know he has an army and looks cool.

Just curious, but why does that line of reasoning work for cartoons but not for games?
Because it doesn't even work for cartoons.
I already explained it.

They're cancelling shows on a daily basis, because they're not selling enough toys and goodies, because no one gives a fuck about the shows nowdays, because they're not good.
Young Justice is not the first cancelled show.
If customers are not willing to pay few bucks for toys, what makes you think that they will spend 60$ for a game, that kinda somehow has a character that appears in that particular show, BUT actually looks and feels totally different than in the show.

And now please don't ask me how to breathe properly, or else it will get really weird around here.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Because it doesn't even work for cartoons.
I already explained it.

They're cancelling shows on a daily basis, because they're not selling enough toys and goodies, because no one gives a fuck about the shows nowdays, because they're not good.
Young Justice is not the first cancelled show.
If customers are not willing to pay few bucks for toys, what makes you think that they will spend 60$ for a game, that kinda somehow has a character that appears in that particular show, BUT actually looks and feels totally different than in the show.
Games obviously don't sell toys. I was referring to the part you said about fans of the shows becoming potential comic fans/buyers, which would mean "more money". And do you really not believe that that the majority of people buying Injustice will be casuals who rarely, if at all, read actual comics and are just casual fans of the characters? Just look all around at all the requests for "Static SHOCK" and Raven and whoever. People wanting to see the voice actors from the animated series reprise their role in the game. Etc. Casual fans are a big part when it comes to selling non-comic book forms of comic-related media. It's not hard to understand, and it's not foolish for NRS/DC to take notice.

And now please don't ask me how to breathe properly, or else it will get really weird around here.
okay

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Killzone You are still acting as if those who got into a character through an animated series are below you. I got interested in Raven thanks to the TV show and actually read up on her. I appreciated Batman more thanks to the animated series than any of the movies. But I also read up on the characters. Do I read through the hundreds of thousands of comic books to learn the complete history of a character? No, that would be silly. But I do read up on them, find out more about them. Sometimes it makes me really appreciate how ell done the character was in the series. Sometimes it makes me hate what the character was like in the comics at times. So why does my love for an animated series make me less than you?
Why do you care if someone thinks less than you on the internet.

Rule #1 of interwebz: Dont give a fuck what anyone thinks or says to you

Edit: This thread has gotten super entertaining

Edit 2: Raven and Starfire both suck

BlasFaMee

If it not LOBO it a NOGO!!! #YoLoBo
ayo I'm sleepin', fuck what I said, I didn't know DC did a REvamp on the fucking HELLBLAZER!! himself John Constantine!! He could be like a faster Quan Chi type style.. John Constantine is fucking ODEE BEAST!!! I want to see the HELLBLAZER up on this game fuck everything else..

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
The wait is getting really boring - pff they should already announce the full roster and start giving us hints for the DLC